By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would you do if Sony got out of the gaming industry?

DanneSandin said:

I think it's really telling that certain folks here say they would stop gaming completely. Talk about being biased! You're not true gamers. And the same goes to people saying they'd celebrate - and mean it.

As for me, I'd hope to get some of those former Sony IP's on either my Nintendo or my PC - whichever.

I think I may have underrated you in the Greatest User / Newcomer thread.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:

Unreliable hardware? That's the first time I've heard that.

As for your other concerns, I'm not sure how their existence has any affect on your experience. You still get the games you enjoy, correct? I may not enjoy MMOs but as they don't affect my enjoyment, I don't really care if they exist. And if they suddenly stopped existing, I wouldn't be happy or anything as it wouldn't have any affect on myself.

Can you explain?

What's your definition of "hardcore" gaming? (Everyone has their own interpretation)

Not as reliable as Nintendo, anyway.

Also, I don't see why you didn't ask me this in the first place instead of getting me to list examples, :P.

It's ridiculous to say that Sony's presence isn't affecting my experience at all, though. It is, in a number of ways. For one, Sony doing this stuff may push Nintendo to follow similar strategies, which means that Nintendo might not offer the kind of stuff I like. Also, as long as Sony is a dominant force in the industry, third parties will be more inclined to make the kinds of games that I don't like and will focus their efforts away from Nintendo consoles, both of which negatively impact me. Plus, competition drives Nintendo to do much worse, in my experience, so Sony's presence is just distracting Nintendo from entertaining me. There's about a million other reasons why.

As for "hardcore" gaming, I'd say that means just about any game that is themed around blood and/or death. Just my interpretation, of course.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Deyon said:

What would you do if Sony got out of the gaming industry?

If you favorite Sony over the others, which company/console would you support if the above happens?

I would be sad, but life goes on. I will play whatever is left on the market... =/

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Usual suspects saying they would "go pc only" or "quit gaming"........... hahahahahahaha.

I never have and NEVER WILL like sony.......... but at the end of the day, i'm a gamer first and a hater second.

When SEGA left, sure, it fooking hurt, it still does in fact, but theres no way in hell i would quit gaming over any company leaving the hardware or software business.

My solution for my disdain for sony is to buy as much as humanly possible of theirs second hand. (got my ps3 in December for £160 from HMV second hand, i have 30 games for the ps3, 26 of those are second hand retail games, 4 are psn light gun games that also line Capcom and SEGA's pockets anyway)

And yes, like some others in here, i would fooking celebrate and i have no problem admitting that.

Ronster316 said:
Usual suspects saying they would "go pc only" or "quit gaming"........... hahahahahahaha.

I never have and NEVER WILL like sony.......... but at the end of the day, i'm a gamer first and a hater second.

When SEGA left, sure, it fooking hurt, it still does in fact, but theres no way in hell i would quit gaming over any company leaving the hardware or software business.

My solution for my disdain for sony is to buy as much as humanly possible of theirs second hand. (got my ps3 in December for £160 from HMV second hand, i have 30 games for the ps3, 26 of those are second hand retail games, 4 are psn light gun games that also line Capcom and SEGA's pockets anyway)

And yes, like some others in here, i would fooking celebrate and i have no problem admitting that.

Around the Network

Go where the jRPGs go. Probably the Nintendo consoles. I would like to avoid MS if I could. Xbox never had much appeal to me and probably never will. It's for American tastes and as far as gaming is concerned - I have very opposite tastes from Americans. I hate shooters and I hate going online to hear racist and homophobic comments from little kids.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

I would LOVE for their games to come to PC.

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

@ ClassicGamingWizz.

When SEGA left, i continued console & handheld gaming (yes, even on sony devices like the ps2 & psp).

There was no sudden urge to "go pc only" and i certainly never considered quitting gaming.

As for hurting sony........... lots of "so called" gamers who had the opportunity to but never bought the Saturn or Dreamcast hung SEGA out to dry, so why should i show any remorse for sony?

The console industry would die without them though. So that kind of changes things.

I don't play any Sony products at the moment so I'd probably just go with Microsoft with a splash of PC. Thinking about getting a Ouya if that pans out successfully.