By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would you do if Sony got out of the gaming industry?

Andrespetmonkey said:
Jay520 said:

Unreliable hardware? That's the first time I've heard that.

To be fair, the PS3 was comparatively very unreliable. 360 was just so infamously unrealiable that it overshadowed the PS3's shit reliability. 

Not true at all.

All my Xbox360's broke down, while my first PS3 is still running perfectly.

BTW all consoles break at some point.

Around the Network
Deyon said:

Not true at all.

All my Xbox360's broke down, while my first PS3 is still running perfectly.

Oh, my mistake, I never realised your PS3 is representative of millions. 

I never said the 360 was more reliable (infact I said the opposite) so I'm not sure why you made that comparison.

PS3's failure rate was estimated to be 10% in it's first couple years on the market. I don't know about you, but I'd say 1 in 10 machines crapping out is pretty poor. For reference the Wii's was 3% and 360 got up to about 30% at one point. You can just google for sources.

Cobretti2 said:
Id still get all the available major consoles on the market.

Ditto!

Considering Sony is easily the best player in the gaming industry I would lose most of my interest in it. If Microsoft actually cared and put in effort instead of wasting away timed exclusive bullshit I'd consider them. I'd most likely remain strictly with Nintendo and or PC gaming.

Andrespetmonkey said:

PS3's failure rate was estimated to be 10% in it's first couple years on the market. I don't know about you, but I'd say 1 in 10 machines crapping out is pretty poor. For reference the Wii's was 3% and 360 got up to about 30% at one point. You can just google for sources.

You can't make a powerful console like the 360/PS3 without making a few mistakes.

10% failure rate is actually good  great for a launch system that powerful.

Around the Network

Back 2 my old nemisis, the Xbox

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

Immortal said:
Pop a bottle of champagne, I guess.

No offense to anyone who likes Sony; just being truthful here.

That's quite sad really

I would hope their IP's fall into good hands. Gaming wouldn't be the same without the ol' PlayStation around.

I hope the day this happens I'm already dead.

Well, I'd love Nintendo to acquire Media Molecule and The Japan Studio.

I'm no Sony fan but I would be a little sad for their departure as they are the bridge between MS (Least favorite) and Nintendo (Favorite).