By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would you do if Sony got out of the gaming industry?

Jay520 said:

Indeed, what's wrong with you people?

OT: Stop living, there's no purpose in life anymore. I wouldn't even have to kill myself as I would instantaneously die the moment Sony leaves the business. You see, I'm no ordinary fanboy. I wasn't made or molded to love Sony; I was born for Playstation. I was born on the exact day at the exact time Sony released the PSone (and my mother wasn't even pregnant at the time - it was a spontaneous birth). My first words were "Pley-stay-shun." I could play playstation before I could even open my eyes. Everything about me is Playstation. If Playstation stops, I stop living.

I think that explains a lot... yup, it does.

Around the Network

probably M$.

Immortal said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Immortal said:
Pop a bottle of champagne, I guess.

No offense to anyone who likes Sony; just being truthful here.

Why?

Not offended, just curious. 

I think that the direction in which Sony takes the industry is not the one in which I want it to go. So, even though I don't want Sony as a company to fail (people's jobs, Japan's economy, etc.), Sony getting the hell out of video games would be great for me.

Fuck the company actually making brand new IP's and the company who tries to focus on the hard core gamers. BURN IN HELL SONY YOU DEVIL!

kowenicki said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
kowenicki said:
It's just not that important. If it is then you need to check your life.

That's harsh. I like the Playstation "culture", the community, the podcasts, the "inside" jokes, the characters, and obviously the games... I've grown up playing PS consoles (owned them all). I'm so ingrained in it that there's no way I wouldn't have an emotional response if that all went away. I would be sad if it went. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't slit my wrists over it, and I'd probably get over it pretty soon, but still... it's significant to me.

Aren't you a Man U fan? I'm not sure how avid a fan you are, but wouldn't you be a little sad if Man U just fucked off one day? It's just as unimportant as a gaming brand.

I hate Man Utd. 

Oh lol. Well whatever team then.

But comparing a gaming company with football teams that are often at the heart of a community and often have a history that goes back over a century is bogus IMO.  But that's only my opinion.

Playstation has been around as long as I can remember, it's older than me, which I'd say is enough (along with my interest in it) to warrant its significance to me, and it is very much at the heart of a community, just not your traditional community. 

If my football team of choice vanished, I wouldn't stop loving and watching football. 

If PS vanished, I wouldn't stop loving and playing games. That doesn't mean PS is unimportant to me.

Probably buy the MS console or keep gaming in the PC only.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
Immortal said:

I think that the direction in which Sony takes the industry is not the one in which I want it to go. 

like....?

High-end graphics, graphics-intensive games, expensive hardware, unreliable hardware, "hardcore" gaming, etc.

Mind you, MS does all these things as well, but it's better to have one problem than two, right?

@riderz, as I said, in my opinion, hardcore gamers can burn in hell. As for New IPs, well, Nintendo just made Nintendo Land and I'm sure a bunch of other companies have just made new IPs as well. They're really not as rare or precious as some people make them out to be.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

pc only, and less gaming that aboiut it

Immortal said:

High-end graphics, graphics-intensive games, expensive hardware, unreliable hardware, "hardcore" gaming, etc.

Mind you, MS does all these things as well, but it's better to have one problem than two, right?

@riderz, as I said, in my opinion, hardcore gamers can burn in hell. As for New IPs, well, Nintendo just made Nintendo Land and I'm sure a bunch of other companies have just made new IPs as well. They're really not as rare or precious as some people make them out to be.

Unreliable hardware? That's the first time I've heard that.

As for your other concerns, I'm not sure how their existence has any affect on your experience. You still get the games you enjoy, correct? I may not enjoy MMOs but as they don't affect my enjoyment, I don't really care if they exist. And if they suddenly stopped existing, I wouldn't be happy or anything as it wouldn't have any affect on myself.

Can you explain?

What's your definition of "hardcore" gaming? (Everyone has their own interpretation)

I'd go PC (hardcore) and pay more attention to Nintendo.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Jay520 said:

Unreliable hardware? That's the first time I've heard that.

To be fair, the PS3 was comparatively very unreliable. 360 was just so infamously unrealiable that it overshadowed the PS3's shit reliability.