By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would you do if Sony got out of the gaming industry?

I would give up gaming on consoles and just go pc.

Around the Network

i would propably switch to PC only for home entertainment and nintendo for handheld.

most likely wont play that many games if sony should exit since i am really fond of their IP's

There would be a huge void of new IP exclusives pushing tech in the gaming industry. A lot of gamers would either switch to PC, quit gaming or game with nintendo exclusively. The PS3 gamers who mainly enjoy third party titles will make the switch to Microsoft since they are dead even with Sony in that respect, even being forced into paying for Xbox Live for a similar experience. My roommate (who only plays PC) said Sony holds the banner for exclusives, so without them a lot of competition would probably stop trying as hard as they do, and the console market would just plain suck without them.

Hmm I would probably go PC and Nintendo. I plan to get a PC sometime soon too.

I think I would have to jump ship to MS as I'm not a fan of Nintendo IP's but I really hope it wont happen as Sony make so many first party games that are just brilliant!!

Around the Network

Do what I do now... Which is PC gaming. The world would go on with little changes for me.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

I would probably go to PC and on the handheld side I would quit.(If not someone else make a psvita like handheld)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

KHlover said:
I would hope that the devs transfer to Nintendo^^

Japanese centric devs with stick with Nintendo, those in between would split but the majority I am sure would go to Microsoft.

I would have big massive party to celebrate it :) 

I think it's really telling that certain folks here say they would stop gaming completely. Talk about being biased! You're not true gamers. And the same goes to people saying they'd celebrate - and mean it.

As for me, I'd hope to get some of those former Sony IP's on either my Nintendo or my PC - whichever.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.