By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would you do if Sony got out of the gaming industry?

Immortal said:
Pop a bottle of champagne, I guess.

No offense to anyone who likes Sony; just being truthful here.

Why?

Not offended, just curious. 

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:

I think it's really telling that certain folks here say they would stop gaming completely. Talk about being biased! You're not true gamers. And the same goes to people saying they'd celebrate - and mean it.

As for me, I'd hope to get some of those former Sony IP's on either my Nintendo or my PC - whichever.

I look at it like that as well. I mean, I'm a big Playstation fan, but really it's mostly because I love a lot of the first party games, and the people who make those games would still be making them if Playstation didn't exist... they would just be on another platform.

Id still get all the available major consoles on the market.

DanneSandin said:

I think it's really telling that certain folks here say they would stop gaming completely. Talk about being biased! You're not true gamers. 

Indeed, what's wrong with you people?

OT: Stop living, there's no purpose in life anymore. I wouldn't even have to kill myself as I would instantaneously die the moment Sony leaves the business. You see, I'm no ordinary fanboy. I wasn't made or molded to love Sony; I was born for Playstation. I was born on the exact day at the exact time Sony released the PSone (and my mother wasn't even pregnant at the time - it was a spontaneous birth). My first words were "Pley-stay-shun." I could play playstation before I could even open my eyes. Everything about me is Playstation. If Playstation stops, I stop living.

I guess Mircosoft wins. I would buy their console, or upgrade my computer, maybe both. Either way, they get my money in some fashion. Really for ground breaking, new experiences what other option do you have?

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

I would probably stop gaming

Honestly wouldn't change much for me. I've always liked PlayStation for 3rd party support, so that would just move to another console. Team Ico would be missed though.

kowenicki said:
It's just not that important. If it is then you need to check your life.

That's harsh. I like the Playstation "culture", the community, the podcasts, the "inside" jokes, the characters, and obviously the games... I've grown up playing PS consoles (owned them all). I'm so ingrained in it that there's no way I wouldn't have an emotional response if that all went away. I would be sad if it went. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't slit my wrists over it, and I'd probably get over it pretty soon, but still... it's significant to me.

Aren't you a Man U fan? I'm not sure how avid a fan you are, but wouldn't you be a little sad if Man U just fucked off one day? It's just as unimportant as a gaming brand.

Andrespetmonkey said:
Immortal said:
Pop a bottle of champagne, I guess.

No offense to anyone who likes Sony; just being truthful here.

Why?

Not offended, just curious. 

I think that the direction in which Sony takes the industry is not the one in which I want it to go. So, even though I don't want Sony as a company to fail (people's jobs, Japan's economy, etc.), Sony getting the hell out of video games would be great for me.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Immortal said:

I think that the direction in which Sony takes the industry is not the one in which I want it to go. 

like....?