By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would you do if Sony got out of the gaming industry?

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
go to PC full time

This.

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
Ronster316 said:
platformmaster918 said:
Ronster316 said:
platformmaster918 said:
Ronster316 said:
@ ClassicGamingWizz.

When SEGA left, i continued console & handheld gaming (yes, even on sony devices like the ps2 & psp).

There was no sudden urge to "go pc only" and i certainly never considered quitting gaming.

As for hurting sony........... lots of "so called" gamers who had the opportunity to but never bought the Saturn or Dreamcast hung SEGA out to dry, so why should i show any remorse for sony?

yeah a lot of people didn't buy Dreamcast or Saturn because we were more interested in other consoles and their exclusives more.  I didn't, and I don't know anyone who did, hate SEGA and buy those 2 second hand and 30 games for them just to hurt SEGA.  Hell i even buy Nintendo first party games new and they overcharge for those damn things even when they're from 07 or 08

I preferred the Megadrive, but still bought a SNES, i preferred the Saturn, but still bought an N64 & ps1, I preferred the Dreamcast, but still bought a Gamecube, Xbox & ps2.

So how exactly is not buying a SEGA console at all any help to SEGA? (Interested in other consoles games more or not)

A lot of you neglected SEGA, and thus when sony hang i won't bat an eyelid.

dude I was a little kid and not all of us have the money/time/interest to buy all the platforms.  If you can that's great.  I played Saturn at a friend's house but if I had asked my parents for one they would have laughed me out of the room.  Hell I didn't even get a PSone until 98.  Didn't get a PS2 until 04 when Dreamcast was discontinued and that was my first 6th gen system.  I never said it was help to SEGA I said it's irrational to buy a system and a bunch of games for it but get them all used just to hurt the company.  If you're using their product they deserve the profit from it.  I never used SEGA systems (except at a friend's house and even then rarely) but at least I didn't have an irrational desire to not give them any profits and enjoy all their products the same.  You seem very bitter about this and I'm sorry SEGA consoles aren't around anymore, but for what it's worth I would buy a SEGA system 10 times over before I bought a MS system.  Although I would buy Sony and Nintendo before either.

Thats fair enough Platform, i know some people could only have one or the other due to either age or circumstances.

However, theres some people here who could easily have had more than one console, and they have never shown any respect nor never given a fyling fook about SEGA, well, the same applies for me when it comes to sony.

Thank you.  I hope you believe I bear no ill will towards sega and would gladly have them instead of MS.  Hell I would probably buy their sytsem before Nintendo's if they were both still making them now that I think about it and the exclusives it could have.  Oh well.  Still hope Sony doesn't leave I love their controller and their first party stable (which would go down in quality I believe considering they wouldn't have the resources/time that SCE gives them now).

Totally agree here.  I never understood why alot of Sega fans flocked to MS.  They aren't remotely similar IMO.  I loved Sega but strongly dislike the Xbox / 360.  I don't if I'm the only one.  Then again, I care more about what the company puts out in terms of projects rather than all this loyalty bullshit.  I know I'm one of the few on this site that likes both Nintendo and Sony, but not MS.  My dislike for Xbox has little to do with MS as a company, but the products they put out and what it did to the gaming industry.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

FinalEvangelion said:

Totally agree here.  I never understood why alot of Sega fans flocked to MS.  They aren't remotely similar IMO.  I loved Sega but strongly dislike the Xbox / 360.  I don't if I'm the only one.  Then again, I care more about what the company puts out in terms of projects rather than all this loyalty bullshit.  I know I'm one of the few on this site that likes both Nintendo and Sony, but not MS.  My dislike for Xbox has little to do with MS as a company, but the products they put out and what it did to the gaming industry.

pretty much exactly my thoughts.  Every time I say I like Sony or don't like MS people take that as I hate Nintendo just as much which is 100% not the case.  Love them both.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

FinalEvangelion said:

Totally agree here.  I never understood why alot of Sega fans flocked to MS.

Butthurt at Sony (80%), and the fact that Sega put a bunch of games on Xbox until they all flopped and they had to focus on other, more viable platforms (20%). That was always my impression, anyway.

Ronster316 said:
@ ClassicGamingWizz.

When SEGA left, i continued console & handheld gaming (yes, even on sony devices like the ps2 & psp).

There was no sudden urge to "go pc only" and i certainly never considered quitting gaming.

As for hurting sony........... lots of "so called" gamers who had the opportunity to but never bought the Saturn or Dreamcast hung SEGA out to dry, so why should i show any remorse for sony?

How does that even make sense?

SEGA failed and left the industry so Sony deserves to go with them (damaging the industry even further).

Around the Network

I would shift to Nintendo and PC gaming.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

i would retair from gameing

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

brendude13 said:
Ronster316 said:
@ ClassicGamingWizz.

How does that even make sense?

SEGA failed and left the industry so Sony deserves to go with them (damaging the industry even further).

It makes a lot of sense to me and many other SEGA fans who chose Nintendo & Microsoft consoles after SEGA's console demise.

SEGA's own mistakes aside (which SEGA could not afford to recover from, unlike some "big corporations") a lot of SEGA fans still blame sony.

Sony initially had NOTHING in terms of quality first party studio's, they BOUGHT their way in to this business, moneyhatted games galore, and literally spent billions of their corperate money advertising the ps1 everywhere under the sun.

That's why im still baffled by the sony fans who hate microsoft, especially when BOTH companies had fook all to do with gaming as their primary business before entering the market.

Nintendo & SEGA from day 1 had a tonne of first party studios, and were in this business for the right reasons, the seedy way in which sony entered the gaming world will forever leave a bitter taste in my mouth. basically as mentioned before they MONEYHATTED 3rd party exclusives due to having NOTHING by way of quality FIRST party games and then proceeded to splash the cash, muscle, hustle and BUY their way to the top.

Impossible! Even hypothetically. Though, I may convert to all PC as I had been considering for a little while now.

I'd be upset. They're now an indispensable part of the industry, and I've grown to like them. Took time though, and took for Nintendo to lose sight of the market I'm a part of.