By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would you do if Sony got out of the gaming industry?

Ronster316 said:
platformmaster918 said:
Ronster316 said:
@ ClassicGamingWizz.

When SEGA left, i continued console & handheld gaming (yes, even on sony devices like the ps2 & psp).

There was no sudden urge to "go pc only" and i certainly never considered quitting gaming.

As for hurting sony........... lots of "so called" gamers who had the opportunity to but never bought the Saturn or Dreamcast hung SEGA out to dry, so why should i show any remorse for sony?

yeah a lot of people didn't buy Dreamcast or Saturn because we were more interested in other consoles and their exclusives more.  I didn't, and I don't know anyone who did, hate SEGA and buy those 2 second hand and 30 games for them just to hurt SEGA.  Hell i even buy Nintendo first party games new and they overcharge for those damn things even when they're from 07 or 08

I preferred the Megadrive, but still bought a SNES, i preferred the Saturn, but still bought an N64 & ps1, I preferred the Dreamcast, but still bought a Gamecube, Xbox & ps2.

So how exactly is not buying a SEGA console at all any help to SEGA? (Interested in other consoles games more or not)

A lot of you neglected SEGA, and thus when sony hang i won't bat an eyelid.

dude I was a little kid and not all of us have the money/time/interest to buy all the platforms.  If you can that's great.  I played Saturn at a friend's house but if I had asked my parents for one they would have laughed me out of the room.  Hell I didn't even get a PSone until 98.  Didn't get a PS2 until 04 when Dreamcast was discontinued and that was my first 6th gen system.  I never said it was help to SEGA I said it's irrational to buy a system and a bunch of games for it but get them all used just to hurt the company.  If you're using their product they deserve the profit from it.  I never used SEGA systems (except at a friend's house and even then rarely) but at least I didn't have an irrational desire to not give them any profits and enjoy all their products the same.  You seem very bitter about this and I'm sorry SEGA consoles aren't around anymore, but for what it's worth I would buy a SEGA system 10 times over before I bought a MS system.  Although I would buy Sony and Nintendo before either.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
Ronster316 said:
platformmaster918 said:
Ronster316 said:
@ ClassicGamingWizz.

When SEGA left, i continued console & handheld gaming (yes, even on sony devices like the ps2 & psp).

There was no sudden urge to "go pc only" and i certainly never considered quitting gaming.

As for hurting sony........... lots of "so called" gamers who had the opportunity to but never bought the Saturn or Dreamcast hung SEGA out to dry, so why should i show any remorse for sony?

yeah a lot of people didn't buy Dreamcast or Saturn because we were more interested in other consoles and their exclusives more.  I didn't, and I don't know anyone who did, hate SEGA and buy those 2 second hand and 30 games for them just to hurt SEGA.  Hell i even buy Nintendo first party games new and they overcharge for those damn things even when they're from 07 or 08

I preferred the Megadrive, but still bought a SNES, i preferred the Saturn, but still bought an N64 & ps1, I preferred the Dreamcast, but still bought a Gamecube, Xbox & ps2.

So how exactly is not buying a SEGA console at all any help to SEGA? (Interested in other consoles games more or not)

dude I was a little kid and not all of us have the money/time/interest to buy all the platforms.  If you can that's great.  I played Saturn at a friend's house but if I had asked my parents for one they would have laughed me out of the room.  Hell I didn't even get a PSone until 98.  Didn't get a PS2 until 04 when Dreamcast was discontinued and that was my first 6th gen system.  I never said it was help to SEGA I said it's irrational to buy a system and a bunch of games for it but get them all used just to hurt the company.  If you're using their product they deserve the profit from it.  I never used SEGA systems (except at a friend's house and even then rarely) but at least I didn't have an irrational desire to not give them any profits and enjoy all their products the same.  You seem very bitter about this and I'm sorry SEGA consoles aren't around anymore, but for what it's worth I would buy a SEGA system 10 times over before I bought a MS system.  Although I would buy Sony and Nintendo before either.

Thats fair enough Platform, i know some people could only have one or the other due to either age or circumstances.

However, theres some people here who could easily have had more than one console, and they have never shown any respect nor never given a fyling fook about SEGA, well, the same applies for me when it comes to sony.

It would not matter one bit. Not just to me, but also to Sony fans with some sense in their heads. Sony owns a very slim amount of big IPs. Most IPs now on PS3 would transfer over to other consoles, sans a few 100% Playstation centric franchises. Playstation consoles have been about third parties moreso than any other console manufacturer, always.

Andrespetmonkey said:
DanneSandin said:

I think it's really telling that certain folks here say they would stop gaming completely. Talk about being biased! You're not true gamers. And the same goes to people saying they'd celebrate - and mean it.

As for me, I'd hope to get some of those former Sony IP's on either my Nintendo or my PC - whichever.

I look at it like that as well. I mean, I'm a big Playstation fan, but really it's mostly because I love a lot of the first party games, and the people who make those games would still be making them if Playstation didn't exist... they would just be on another platform.

Exactly. Now, the question is; would they instead just keep making games, or would they sell all their studios? I would personally prefer that they stayed around as 3rd party publishers (since a lot of big publishers don't seem to be able to handle newly acquired studios) and become a new important and big publisher, like EA and Activision.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Jay520 said:
DanneSandin said:

I think it's really telling that certain folks here say they would stop gaming completely. Talk about being biased! You're not true gamers. 

Indeed, what's wrong with you people?

OT: Stop living, there's no purpose in life anymore. I wouldn't even have to kill myself as I would instantaneously die the moment Sony leaves the business. You see, I'm no ordinary fanboy. I wasn't made or molded to love Sony; I was born for Playstation. I was born on the exact day at the exact time Sony released the PSone (and my mother wasn't even pregnant at the time - it was a spontaneous birth). My first words were "Pley-stay-shun." I could play playstation before I could even open my eyes. Everything about me is Playstation. If Playstation stops, I stop living.

haha I loled!!

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
DanneSandin said:

I think it's really telling that certain folks here say they would stop gaming completely. Talk about being biased! You're not true gamers. And the same goes to people saying they'd celebrate - and mean it.

As for me, I'd hope to get some of those former Sony IP's on either my Nintendo or my PC - whichever.

I think I may have underrated you in the Greatest User / Newcomer thread.

Yes I think you did =( you really hurt my feelings! :'( <----- see how sad I am now!!

DanneSandin said:
Jay520 said:
DanneSandin said:

I think it's really telling that certain folks here say they would stop gaming completely. Talk about being biased! You're not true gamers. 

Indeed, what's wrong with you people?

OT: Stop living, there's no purpose in life anymore. I wouldn't even have to kill myself as I would instantaneously die the moment Sony leaves the business. You see, I'm no ordinary fanboy. I wasn't made or molded to love Sony; I was born for Playstation. I was born on the exact day at the exact time Sony released the PSone (and my mother wasn't even pregnant at the time - it was a spontaneous birth). My first words were "Pley-stay-shun." I could play playstation before I could even open my eyes. Everything about me is Playstation. If Playstation stops, I stop living.

haha I loled!!

An people say every fan faction is equal in terms of devotion.....lol

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Ronster316 said:
platformmaster918 said:
Ronster316 said:
platformmaster918 said:
Ronster316 said:
@ ClassicGamingWizz.

Thats fair enough Platform, i know some people could only have one or the other due to either age or circumstances.

However, theres some people here who could easily have had more than one console, and they have never shown any respect nor never given a fyling fook about SEGA, well, the same applies for me when it comes to sony.

Thank you.  I hope you believe I bear no ill will towards sega and would gladly have them instead of MS.  Hell I would probably buy their sytsem before Nintendo's if they were both still making them now that I think about it and the exclusives it could have.  Oh well.  Still hope Sony doesn't leave I love their controller and their first party stable (which would go down in quality I believe considering they wouldn't have the resources/time that SCE gives them now).

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

I'd hope somebody buy Sony's lovely ips. Specifically Microsoft and Nintendo.

luisvideogames said:
I'd hope somebody buy Sony's lovely ips. Specifically Microsoft and Nintendo.

signed your petition that is ridiculous and I don't even own a WiiU

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers