By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dev says companies talked about canned Wii U games rather than new ones at DICE, more

Black Ops 2 most likely or perhaps Assassins Creed 3 ?

What else is a big budget game that could sell millions ? Certainly not Just Dance 4, ZombiU or any other late (more than 6 months) port.

Around the Network
gigantor21 said:
Just saw this on GAF myself.

Nintendo is going to have to prove the system is worth the investment with their own offerings. That's the only thing that will change their minds at this point.

Beyond that, I can't think of any third party game on the Wii U that released this early that could've sold millions just 3 months in. Even if the system had met it's shipment targets.

Its not that they though it should have sold millions at launch but that it should be on track to do so at this time. And if it was COD or AC they are talking about then it really should have been. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

No big deal. Third party games I'll play on PS4. Wii U will give me the awesome Nintendo games. Hopefully this trends reverses. Not good for any stakeholder involved.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

This makes absolutely no sense. Vita situation is way, way worse, and devs are still releasing and announcing new and exclusive games for it. Where's logic?

HappySqurriel said:
It is highly unlikely that any games have been legitimately cancelled for the Wii U being that it has only been out for a couple of months

Metro & Ghost Recon Online come to mind, and that's not including the games that were teased/showen on stage at E3 in 2011.

Around the Network

Nintendo says they are working with third parties and I believe that they are. I think Nintendo will form strong partnerships with third parties, especially in Japan, which I think will go a long way towards getting people interested in the console.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

DaRev said:
Nintendo says they are working with third parties and I believe that they are. I think Nintendo will form strong partnerships with third parties, especially in Japan, which I think will go a long way towards getting people interested in the console.

but there is more to game development that japanese third party. They need to get some of the major hits from 3rd party devs in the West.

bestselling games on Nintendo platforms are mostly from Nintendo, games from WiiU launch are either horrible ports (Batman, ME3), outside of Nintendo demographics (CoD) or mediocre efforts (ZombiU)

for me Lego is first true test of new Nintendo platform, if this game will have great score but fails on retail, then Nintendo has big problem, until this we deal with very well known lies and excuses.

The system has been out less than three months and they are already canceling games? Talk about a lack of confidence

Doesn`t matter what game was. It`s obvious that early Wii U buyers already own a PS3 or Xbox 360 and that Wii U`s launch games were irrelevant to this market.

So far, Wii U isn`t providing enough incentive to buy it.
Projects being cancelled isn`t a surprise. It almost works like the stock market: a bad sign almost causes panic and people run away.

Let`s hope that Nintendo takes GDC by storm to promote the console.