By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry Face Off- Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed: "we'd pin the Wii U version down as the console version to opt for"

Tagged games:

curl-6 said:
RazorDragon said:
curl-6 said:
Why on earth developers of racing game would prioritize eye candy over a consistent framerate baffles me.

They need that to differentiate from Mario Kart. The inconsistent framerates.

Yup, Mario Kart fans will jump ship en masse for that sexy 20fps. Sega does what Nintendon't! ;)

Hell yeah, Sega wins, except on PC. They lost the battle over there, as the game runs also at 60FPS.

Around the Network
pezus said:
NintendoPie said:

Are you actually that proud that the PS3 has the best version of Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed?

Wut, it doesn't. It looks better than WiiU/360 and way worse than PC but it also has framerate issues. Best version: PC by far, as always

PC doesn't count. We are talking about consoles here, Pezus. Us console-beings don't need you to always rub this in our faces.

(Yeah, it does look better than the rest of them.)

RazorDragon said:
curl-6 said:
RazorDragon said:
curl-6 said:
Why on earth developers of racing game would prioritize eye candy over a consistent framerate baffles me.

Yup, Mario Kart fans will jump ship en masse for that sexy 20fps. Sega does what Nintendon't! ;)

Hell yeah, Sega wins, except on PC. They lost the battle over there, as the game runs also at 60FPS.

Yeah, no Mario Kart fan would want to play Sonic kart at 60fps when Mario Kart already run at that. But 20fps, that's something new and interesting that they can't get from MK!

badgenome said:
osed125 said:

Who cares, its not a demanding game...the Wii U doesn't have the necessary FLOPS for next gen game either way.

Check out the software sales. It has plenty of flops.

lolz

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

curl-6 said:
RazorDragon said:
curl-6 said:
RazorDragon said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah, no Mario Kart fan would want to play Sonic kart at 60fps when Mario Kart already run at that. But 20fps, that's something new and interesting that they can't get from MK!

See what they did there? That's what makes Sega different from the other companies, man. They know what gamers want and they deliver.

Around the Network

NintendoPie said:

Are you actually that proud that the PS3 has the best version of Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed?

In IQ? Yes... best version overall? No.

I never said in this topic the PS3 is the best version... I said the PS3 is the best looking version... in fact I even pointed all the issues with PS3 version.

Haaaaaa... and I said the PS3 is the only HD version too (except PC of course).

pezus said:

There are no steps before playing on PC. With Steam, you don't even need to install the game. It's just download and go! On PS3 you would need to download and then install at a snail's pace

No steps?

1. Buy a PC (I will skip the part I need to buy a fantastic video card and install it)
2. Install the latest drivers and stuffs
3. Download the Steam and install it
4. Buy the retail game or the Steam version (not all games are in Steam)
5. Download and install the game (yeah when the Steam download the game it install it too)
6. Configure the game... resolution, filters, etc
7. Run de game to see if the performance is good... change the settings if necessary
8. Now I can play my game

Console steps

1. Buy the game
2. Download and install (if retail skip this part)
3. Play the game

Sorry... I hate how the games works in PC... just it... I want to just get a disc put it in the machine and play.

ethomaz said:

pezus said:

There are no steps before playing on PC. With Steam, you don't even need to install the game. It's just download and go! On PS3 you would need to download and then install at a snail's pace

No steps?

1. Buy a PC (I will skip the part I need to buy a fantastic video card and install it)
5. Download and install the game (yeah when the Steam download the game it install it too)
7. Run de game to see if the performance is good... change the settings if necessary

Console steps

1. Buy the game
3. Play the game

Sorry... I hate how the games works in PC... just it... I want to just get a disc put it in the machine and play.

get Halo 2 then.
(you can play it while installing)

WII U verion is the lowest rez version but the best version cause of features.

PS3: 1280x720
360: 1152x544
Wii U: 1024x576 is the lowest rez

ethomaz said:

pezus said:

No steps?

Console steps

1. Buy the game
3. Play the game

lol........

1.) Buy or build your PC

2.) Download DD Programs and Install

3.) Buy your games(Online or Retail, travel or mail, either way you have to go out or wait for a few days) or download, install (AKA spam next until finish if you have to, so hard!)

4.) Click on your game and start, plug in a controller if you feel like it

5.) Check for updates once in awhile or set everything on automatic

and

1.) Buy you console

2.) Sit through mandatory firmware update or some games won't even work

3.) Buy your games (Online or Retail, travel or mail, either way you have to go out or wait for a few days) or find the eShop and then buy your games and download then install (yes you have to install on consoles too, you act like PC people are the only ones having to do it.)

4.) Browse to your DVD/Blu-ray drive and start the game or find the game and start it

5.) Sit through mandatory update unless you "pay" for a service that updates in the background.

Seems about the same other than the learning curve of the first part, but it's not like you don't have google or forums to ask questions on, seems like laziness or no money to me.