By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry Face Off- Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed: "we'd pin the Wii U version down as the console version to opt for"

Tagged games:

ethomaz said:

In IQ PS3 blow alway the others version... sub-HD version is terrible... so sad the PS3 have issue with frame-rate.

PS3 > Wii U > 360

Its pretty obvious the frame rate issues are there because resolution is higher.  Its a trade off so I don't know how you can conclude Ps3 version is best... I'd take WiiU as the overall winner here.

Around the Network

disolitude said:

Its pretty obvious the frame rate issues are there because resolution is higher.  Its a trade off so I don't know how you can conclude Ps3 version is best... I'd take WiiU as the overall winner here.

Sorry... I'm a little confuse here... please read again my comments.

BasilZero said:
Why would anyone bring up Sonic when graphics are the point of discussion......

Believe it or not Sonic Generations is quite a visually stimulating game on the PC. Deamnding too...

Playing it on my 120 fps monitor and getting 120 fps in the game with dual GTX 670s is quite a challenge. However with that hardware and at that frame rate, with sonic running fast and stuff flying by...its probably the prettiest game I've ever seen. Much more visually pleasing than something like Crysis 2...

ethomaz said:

disolitude said:

Sorry... I'm a little confuse here... please read again my comments.

You said "In IQ PS3 blow alway the others version...".  If we look at still screenshots maybe. As soon as things are in motion, IQ don't look best with lower frame rate.

Out of the consoles PS3 looks great and 360 runs great. Then you have the Wii U almost looking as good as the PS3 and almost running as good as the 360. Sounds good to me.

Around the Network

disolitude said:

You said "In IQ PS3 blow alway the others version...".  If we look at still screenshots maybe. As soon as things are in motion, IQ don't look best with lower frame rate.

IQ is Image Quality... PS3 is the only HD version (except PC) and it is the sharpest of the bunch by a narrow margin (DF words)... the unique issue is the frame-rate and screen-tear.

PS3 is the best version in IQ but the worst in perforamnce... overall the Wii U version is the choice not because the better performance only (this is a plus of course) but because the flexibility... you have more options in Wii U because the controls... and you can play with 5 players in mp... that are the strong points in the Wii U.

But see a game running in sub-HD resolution and using motion blur to hidden the low graphcs in a console launched in 2012... and  they want me to believe that the Wii U is nextgen lol.

The Wii U is the best playable version... even so it is disapoiting... like I'm disapointed with the issues in PS3 version (I expect some patch to fix these frame-rate and screen-tearing issues).

The 360 is the overall bad... bad in performance and bad in IQ.

JoeTheBro said:
Out of the consoles PS3 looks great and 360 runs great. Then you have the Wii U almost looking as good as the PS3 and almost running as good as the 360. Sounds good to me.

The Wii U version runs better than 360 version... and the difference in graphics is big in PS3 favor.

At the end the Wii U version have more modes and options because the Pad and Pro controllers... plus play better and have 5 online players mode... so the best version even so it's sub-HD.

well 5 player split screen didnt happen last gen, not on one console. How would that not count as a "next gen" feature. Wii U will be fine. The games will look better and the console will continue to improve

Games are fun.

ethomaz said:

disolitude said:

You said "In IQ PS3 blow alway the others version...".  If we look at still screenshots maybe. As soon as things are in motion, IQ don't look best with lower frame rate.

IQ is Image Quality... PS3 is the only HD version (except PC) and it is the sharpest of the bunch by a narrow margin (DF words)... the unique issue is the frame-rate and screen-tear.

PS3 is the best version in IQ but the worst in perforamnce... overall the Wii U version is the choice not because the better performance only (this is a plus of course) but because the flexibility... you have more options in Wii U because the controls... and you can play with 5 players in mp... that are the strong points in the Wii U.

But see a game running in sub-HD resolution and using motion blur to hidden the low graphcs in a console launched in 2012... and  they want me to believe that the Wii U is nextgen lol.

The Wii U is the best playable version... even so it is disapoiting... like I'm disapointed with the issues in PS3 version (I expect some patch to fix these frame-rate and screen-tearing issues).

The 360 is the overall bad... bad in performance and bad in IQ.

hold up a sec, so a console with more flexibility and options is not good enough to be an 8th gen console?

dahuman said:

hold up a sec, so a console with more flexibility and options is not good enough to be an 8th gen console?

This flexibility and options any console can have.... so what is next-gen in that? Just because the devs did that for the Wii U version not put it like next-gen.

Sorry but next-gen consoles running games below 720p??? I can't believe you are arguing yet.