By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry Face Off- Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed: "we'd pin the Wii U version down as the console version to opt for"

Tagged games:

ethomaz said:

disolitude said:

You said "In IQ PS3 blow alway the others version...".  If we look at still screenshots maybe. As soon as things are in motion, IQ don't look best with lower frame rate.

IQ is Image Quality... PS3 is the only HD version (except PC) and it is the sharpest of the bunch by a narrow margin (DF words)... the unique issue is the frame-rate and screen-tear.

PS3 is the best version in IQ but the worst in perforamnce... overall the Wii U version is the choice not because the better performance only (this is a plus of course) but because the flexibility... you have more options in Wii U because the controls... and you can play with 5 players in mp... that are the strong points in the Wii U.

But see a game running in sub-HD resolution and using motion blur to hidden the low graphcs in a console launched in 2012... and  they want me to believe that the Wii U is nextgen lol.

The Wii U is the best playable version... even so it is disapoiting... like I'm disapointed with the issues in PS3 version (I expect some patch to fix these frame-rate and screen-tearing issues).

The 360 is the overall bad... bad in performance and bad in IQ.

So screen tearing and frame rate are not part of IQ now? Interesting...

Around the Network

disolitude said:

I think you are confunding Image Quality with performance.

ethomaz said:

disolitude said:

I think you are confunding Image Quality with performance.

Nah, I'm just using common sense here... A game that has screen tearing looks like terrible to me. its "Image Quality" is not as good as the one that doesn't have tearing, regardless of resolution.

ethomaz said:

dahuman said:

hold up a sec, so a console with more flexibility and options is not good enough to be an 8th gen console?

This flexibility and options any console can have.... so what is next-gen in that? Just because the devs did that for the Wii U version not put it like next-gen.

Sorry but next-gen consoles running games below 720p??? I can't believe you are arguing yet.

It's because you are too fixaded on graphics, why do you think MS and Sony ended up copying Nintendo's idea during 7th gen? It's not always graphics that defines a generation, but how you play, as Nintendo has already proved and the other companies then followed suit. I'd say you are too narrow sighted to see that just like a lot of console gamers these days, if you want to whore on graphics, get a l33t as hell PC like some of us on this site instead because you've obviously missed the point of this thread when anything below 60FPS w/ tearing is simply not acceptable if you really care about graphics that much.

I don't like PC due so much steps before play... and graphics defines a generation only Nintendo fans don't accept that. It's a shame a 2012 console running games below 600p... my TV needs to upscale the video input to show subHD content...I'm not defending the PS3 version... in fact both are really bad but the PS3 is a 7 years old console... so which is worst? lolololI just want the next-gen arrive soon.

Around the Network

Why on earth developers of racing game would prioritize eye candy over a consistent framerate baffles me.

ethomaz said:

I don't like PC due so much steps before play... and graphics defines a generation only Nintendo fans don't accept that. It's a shame a 2012 console running games below 600p... my TV needs to upscale the video input to show subHD content...I'm not defending the PS3 version... in fact both are really bad but the PS3 is a 7 years old console... so which is worst? lolololI just want the next-gen arrive soon.

by your definition, 8th gen is already last gen, only console gamers like you don't accept that, and at this point, consoles won't be able to catch up anymore due to the sheer ridiculous amounts of power that strong PCs can draw compared to 7 years ago. I'm not defending anything, just stating that the PC version is the best version and all your upcoming shit is last gen already.

curl-6 said:
Why on earth developers of racing game would prioritize eye candy over a consistent framerate baffles me.

They need that to differentiate from Mario Kart. The inconsistent framerates.

ethomaz said:

In IQ PS3 blow alway the others version... sub-HD version is terrible... so sad the PS3 have issue with frame-rate.

PS3 > Wii U > 360

Are you actually that proud that the PS3 has the best version of Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed?

RazorDragon said:
curl-6 said:

They need that to differentiate from Mario Kart. The inconsistent framerates.

Yup, Mario Kart fans will jump ship en masse for that sexy 20fps. Sega does what Nintendon't! ;)