By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rayman Legends petition- keep the date

Tagged games:

Maris said:
Signing, even though it most likely won't change much. Being multi-plat is good for Ubisoft and the game, but the nonsensical 7 month delay for the essentially finished Wii U version is just stupid business. September and beyond has way too many high profile releases already. This game is going to drown among them.

Exactly the point.

Now? I only have Batman and AC3 I want to buy... but Rayman was top priority.

September... I'll have a lot of other games including big Nintendo IP out or on the way. Rayman will drop down in priority pretty quickly.

Around the Network

Rayman should have come out within the next 2 months.

A delay is suicide.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
Rayman should have come out within the next 2 months.

A delay is suicide.

espically considering that GTA 5 is coming out the same month 

Maris said:
Signing, even though it most likely won't change much. Being multi-plat is good for Ubisoft and the game, but the nonsensical 7 month delay for the essentially finished Wii U version is just stupid business. September and beyond has way too many high profile releases already. This game is going to drown among them.

Doesnt matter if teh game would drown in september or shine in september.

The biggest thing is that for 7 months Ubisoft is passing on money.  Whatever money they would have gotten from Wii U sales right NOW are now isntead put on hold for 7 months.  Makes no sense business wise.  Imagine waht they could all do with that money in those 7 months.  Start a new project, pay off debts, or hell just sitting it in the bank and doing nothing makes them money. 

But no, they decide they want to recieve 0 revenue from a completed game for 7 months.  If I was an invester i would be very pissed at ubisoft.

pezus said:

I ask again: Are we even sure the game is ready? 

Yes! Yes! We knows it, precious! Tricksy Ubisoft lies! Lies right to our faces!

Around the Network
pezus said:
irstupid said:
Maris said:

The biggest thing is that for 7 months Ubisoft is passing on money.  Whatever money they would have gotten from Wii U sales right NOW are now isntead put on hold for 7 months.  Makes no sense business wise.  Imagine waht they could all do with that money in those 7 months.  Start a new project, pay off debts, or hell just sitting it in the bank and doing nothing makes them money. 

But no, they decide they want to recieve 0 revenue from a completed game for 7 months.  If I was an invester i would be very pissed at ubisoft.

I ask again: Are we even sure the game is ready? 

Seems pretty dishonest to have a game be 3 weeks from release and not be telling anyone that "oh yea were actually half a year away from being done"

Either way as an invester I would shy away from ubisoft.  In one scenerio they pass up on money NOW, for possible future money.  THe other scenerio they are straight up lying to me about a product of theirs release date.

The delay is actually the best thing that could happen to game increasing its chances of success.

Late ports rarely do well. If they released it at $60 now on Wii U they would have to either lower the price or add more content in order to charge the same for the PS360. By then the Wii U version will already be available for cheaper new and used.

Also gives them an oppurtunity to decide on other platforms like the Vita and Legends could still be a launch title for the next Xbox and PS4. Obviously they can't announce it for those consoles yet because they haven't been announced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I think it is a bit selfish of Ubisoft to forget about the Wii U owners looking forward to this title. Most people already knew that this was going to be released for PS360 at some point anyway.

1. Announce exclusivity
2. Announce release date
3. Release Demo
4. Retract release date and announce title is going multi-platform and delayed 7 months.

Well, if nothing else you can play the demo over and over and over again until September.

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

irstupid said:
Maris said:

I agree, which is why it's stupid for them to wait until September. It could be making money now on the Wii U, rather than later. Besides, Nintendo will most likely have a few heavy-hitters ready by the end of the year that will take any spotlight away from this game. The game was being sent to die on the Xbox 360 and PS3 regardless, but if Ubisoft released the game now for Wii U it might have had a chance to sell without much competition for a while.

I'm kind of torn, to be honest. I don't know about Microsoft, but I do know that Sony has a policy that later ports MUST contain significant improvements and/or additional content.

If the Nintendo version released right now then the PS3 version would have to see substantial improvements by default. Of course, that might extend the development time for the PS3 version.