By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rayman Legends petition- keep the date

Tagged games:

Metallicube said:
Train wreck said:
Metallicube said:

Thanks PS360 fans, now Wii U owners have even LESS too look forward to for the next couple of months thanks to your whining. Isn't it enough that you have 95% of the major third party releases this gen?

Anyone think Ubisoft will also listen to Nintendo fans wanting Watch Dogs and Far Cry 3? Somehow I doubt it..

You're welcome.  At the end of the day though, i think its more of a smart business decision on Ubisoft's part then whining by the PS360 crowd.

I'm not so sure it's a smart business decision to yank back the release of a game that was only weeks from release when many have preorders set up, during a timeslot when there is hardly anything else being released for that console, and pushing it to the time when both Zelda WW and GTA5 are coming out and many more games for Wii U will have already been released, whilst pissing off a large part of your potential buyers in the meamtime.

I don't think Rayman is the kind of game that appeals to most PS360 gamers anyway. Origins only sold just over a million on those consoles combined. This one will probably sell even less, as it is being released at the end of this year, when many of these gamers will be anticipating new consoles from Sony and MS.

I guess we'll see though. Be interesting to see how the game sells now. Time to put your money where your mouth is, PS360 fans..

Well im sure from Ubisoft's standpoint with 6 retail releases on the Wii U that they ran the numbers and came to the conclusion that it would be best to delay and expand that just have a wii U only/exclusive launch.  How many shipments do you honestly think ubi would get out the door for this game to be released in 3 weeks, maybe 350k? 400k?  Most companies care about shipments to retailers, they are not shipping the game to you.  If Ubisoft gets 3-4 million units out for Rayman Legends between all console in September, thats a win for them.

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
Metallicube said:
Train wreck said:
Metallicube said:

Thanks PS360 fans, now Wii U owners have even LESS too look forward to for the next couple of months thanks to your whining. Isn't it enough that you have 95% of the major third party releases this gen?

Anyone think Ubisoft will also listen to Nintendo fans wanting Watch Dogs and Far Cry 3? Somehow I doubt it..

You're welcome.  At the end of the day though, i think its more of a smart business decision on Ubisoft's part then whining by the PS360 crowd.

I'm not so sure it's a smart business decision to yank back the release of a game that was only weeks from release when many have preorders set up, during a timeslot when there is hardly anything else being released for that console, and pushing it to the time when both Zelda WW and GTA5 are coming out and many more games for Wii U will have already been released, whilst pissing off a large part of your potential buyers in the meamtime.

I don't think Rayman is the kind of game that appeals to most PS360 gamers anyway. Origins only sold just over a million on those consoles combined. This one will probably sell even less, as it is being released at the end of this year, when many of these gamers will be anticipating new consoles from Sony and MS.

I guess we'll see though. Be interesting to see how the game sells now. Time to put your money where your mouth is, PS360 fans..

Well im sure from Ubisoft's standpoint with 6 retail releases on the Wii U that they ran the numbers and came to the conclusion that it would be best to delay and expand that just have a wii U only/exclusive launch.  How many shipments do you honestly think ubi would get out the door for this game to be released in 3 weeks, maybe 350k? 400k?  Most companies care about shipments to retailers, they are not shipping the game to you.  If Ubisoft gets 3-4 million units out for Rayman Legends between all console in September, thats a win for them.

Money now is generally preferable to money later, and they could get a certain amount of Wii U sales now, a certain amount with a slightly discounted PS3/360 version later, plus a second wave of Wii U sales for the holidays.

Do you think they'll improve combined platform results by 50% compared to Origins?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

It seems that there has been a positive trend with these petitions as of late.
Sooner or later companies won't even pay them any attention.

People are assuming that the Wii U versions delay is due to the ps3/360 ports. I wouldn't be surprised if the 7 month delay is for financial reasons. They just posted how strong the end of this fiscal year has been, thy probably won't to spread more profit into next year.

If it is simply down to the ports then thats annoying, but if they launched the Wii U version months ahead they would loose momentum when it came to platforms that are arguably the more important (the ones with the bigger userbases) and it would also double their marketing budget if they were hoping to promote the game on both releases.

Even with them releasing the same time, I suspect the Wii U version will sell the most. For a mid-range title, a highly active, undersaturated userbase of 10m >>> A dying/oversaturated userbase of 80m

You might want to focus on your 3ds for a while...

Around the Network
teigaga said:
People are assuming that the Wii U versions delay is due to the ps3/360 ports. I wouldn't be surprised if the 7 month delay is for financial reasons. They just posted how strong the end of this fiscal year has been, thy probably won't to spread more profit into next year.

If it is simply down to the ports then thats annoying, but if they launched the Wii U version months ahead they would loose momentum when it came to platforms that are arguably the more important (the ones with the bigger userbases) and it would also double their marketing budget if they were hoping to promote the game on both releases.

Even with them releasing the same time, I suspect the Wii U version will sell the most. For a mid-range title, a highly active, undersaturated userbase of 10m >>> A dying/oversaturated userbase of 80m

But by September games like Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Lego City, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and probably Wind Waker HD will have released, gamers won't be as starved as they are now...

I can get behind this. Releasing the game alongside GTA V and Wind Waker is just commercial suicide. Likely the sales that the Wii U would have got for releasing the game in a couple weeks will barely be increased by the delay.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

teigaga said:

Agree. Some 3DS games were also delayed because of that. I remeber MSG3D.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

superchunk said:
Salnax said:
It's too late.

How could it be too late. It was just announced this morning. Game has to be done otherwise it wouldn't have been given an explicit date to begin with.

The decision wasn't made this morning, it was likely made months ago.  We, the general public, just happened to learn about it this morning.

It's sad too because my parents got me this game for my Christmas present thinking it would be out soon, now it's going to be closer to next Christmas until I can play it.  

Not signing due to the fact that releasing this in 3 weeks will only hurt the ps360 sales sorry....