By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rayman Legends petition- keep the date

Tagged games:

pezus said:
Conegamer said:
I can get behind this. Releasing the game alongside GTA V and Wind Waker is just commercial suicide. Likely the sales that the Wii U would have got for releasing the game in a couple weeks will barely be increased by the delay.

GTAV and Rayman are vastly different games. They can co-exist.

I don't see Wind Waker selling enough to detract from other games. It's a remake, and will likely sell 1m+, but it won't affect sales of other games much. Do gamers only buy one game a month or what?

I do; if that. Rayman was going to be my game this month. Now it's not going to be bought at all.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

I'm so angry at Ubi right now. I litteraly preordered the game YESTERDAY and the day after I see this?! The screwed so many Ninty fan, I'm not buying this game when I will have GTAV and Wind Waker HD launching this month.

I rly hoped this game would suceed for the same reason I hoped Origins to succeed, cause it's a original, fun and creative games that deserves recognition. But now I hope it to fail and if I ever buy this game, I'll buy it used for sure.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

twesterm said:
superchunk said:
Salnax said:
It's too late.

How could it be too late. It was just announced this morning. Game has to be done otherwise it wouldn't have been given an explicit date to begin with.

The decision wasn't made this morning, it was likely made months ago.  We, the general public, just happened to learn about it this morning.

It's sad too because my parents got me this game for my Christmas present thinking it would be out soon, now it's going to be closer to next Christmas until I can play it.  

They only announced the February release date in mid December. Prior to that it had been projected to be a launch game, giving it a nice 10 month delay when all is said and done.

If they knew about it months ago, then they were being a bit disingenuous in December.

VGChartz

pezus said:
Conegamer said:
I can get behind this. Releasing the game alongside GTA V and Wind Waker is just commercial suicide. Likely the sales that the Wii U would have got for releasing the game in a couple weeks will barely be increased by the delay.

GTAV and Rayman are vastly different games. They can co-exist.

I don't see Wind Waker selling enough to detract from other games. It's a remake, and will likely sell 1m+, but it won't affect sales of other games much. Do gamers only buy one game a month or what?

..it's not like GTAV is on the wiiU anyways.  that's like saying halo is going to bite into uncharted.  

They won't, and it makes sense too. Ports sell much much worse if a game is perceived as "old", cause it has been out for months already on another system. Just look at Darksiders, Batman, Mass Effect or AssCreed on WiiU - nobody cares. And those were smash hits. 

Sucks. I wasn't going to play it anyway, but I know it was going to be a small system seller, for some at least.

Around the Network

I lost interest in the game. It was something special a Ubisoft present made for the WiiU like the only interesting title between now and E3 and now its just a generic multiplat title.

I will buy it in a year for 10 dollars or so instead of  February day1 for 60 dollars. No need to support it since its nothing special anymore and I feel backstabbed now anyway

So for me the release date is irrelevant now well it might just help me get it for cheap sooner.

So good luck with the petition. Dont forget to add that the PS3 and 360 version should not be superior in any way  in case the WiiU game comes out sooner!!!

milkyjoe said:
twesterm said:
superchunk said:
Salnax said:
It's too late.

How could it be too late. It was just announced this morning. Game has to be done otherwise it wouldn't have been given an explicit date to begin with.

The decision wasn't made this morning, it was likely made months ago.  We, the general public, just happened to learn about it this morning.

It's sad too because my parents got me this game for my Christmas present thinking it would be out soon, now it's going to be closer to next Christmas until I can play it.  

They only announced the February release date in mid December. Prior to that it had been projected to be a launch game, giving it a nice 10 month delay when all is said and done.

If they knew about it months ago, then they were being a bit disingenuous in December.

Submission takes 1-2 months, they've known about it since before submission.  It's very possible that the decision did in fact happen in December. 

-edit-

sorry should say submissions happens 1-2 months before release, nt that it takes 1-2 months. :)

Does anyone actually pay any attention to petitions from this site?

Is there any way to verify the legitimacy of signers? Or preventing someone from signing multiple times?

I see a supporter named "shigeru miyamoto" already.

I know that this is a dick-move by Ubisoft, but do you actually feel like you are going to accomplish your goal with this, any better than say, sending a letter to the company directly yourself?

twesterm said:
milkyjoe said:
twesterm said:
superchunk said:
Salnax said:
It's too late.

Submission takes 1-2 months, they've known about it since before submission.  It's very possible that the decision did in fact happen in December. 

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/rayman-legends-developer-speaks-up

After getting the news earlier about Rayman Legends being delayed and no longer being a Wii U exclusive, it caused an uproar over the net. Wii U owners being upset because a game they had been waiting for awhile now. Gamers have taken to forums everywhere to voice their opinions on what Ubisoft is doing with this game. Then, having the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners pretty happy with what's happening but what about how the developers feel? That's something we wouldn't usually know but today a Rayman Legends developer spoke up.

I completely understand you but you have to understand one thing. This is not a decission taken by the development team, this comes from really really high up, so please don't pick on the game. If you're pissed, imagine how we feel. Think on the situation, we've been making overtime with this game practically since May preparing E3, and then almost a demo per month (gamescon, Wii U presentation, shops, eShop, etc...) and at the same time trying to actually finish the game. We had a first delay because it was obvious we couldn't finish on time but we gave it all to be there on February. What face do you think we had when the week we had to close the game we're being told it's not going to be released? I couldn't believe it.

For practical matters, you'll have to wait for some months for the game to be released and will most likely serve for more content to be added and do it better. For us, this means we've spent 6 months barely seeing our wifes, kids, and friends for nothing because, after all, such a haste wasn't needed. Believe it, it was a hell to swallow these news.
Even then I'm firm in what I said back in the day, Rayman Legends is an excellent game and will still be, and the team that's making it doesn't deserve to have your back turned on them just because some men in ties one day took a wrong choice. This industry is really that shitty

ps3-sales! said:
I'm not going to sign because of two reasons:

-I'm a Ps3 fan so the less success the Wii U has, the better I feel.
-It's not going to actually change anything

With that out of the way, if I was a strong Nintendo only fan, I'd be mad as hell about this. Ubi basically going back on their promise to deliver a game at a certain date.

What the! How horrible! I'd never want any Sony console to lose.