By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft announce Rayman Legends to go multiplatfrom, all versions releasing in September

JoeTheBro said:
I wonder how they will deal with the lack of a gamepad. It either shows that the Wii U features were tacked on or else it will just be awkward on PS360.

From the IGN article:

Poix explained that the GamePad-based cooperative experience of Rayman Legends will remain exclusive to Wii U, while the Xbox and PlayStation versions will operate more similarly to Rayman Origins. He couldn’t offer many specifics just yet but indicated that more information will be coming leading up to the game’s release.

“It’s a different kind of experience if you have the Wii U,” Poix said. “Obviously there will be cooperation on the PS3 and 360, but on the Wii U there is still this magic of having one player that can play on one system with a new experience and the other on the usual game pad. That stays a Wii U exclusive for sure, by definition.”

Source

Around the Network
Smeags said:

Really disappointing news. I was actually going to go to GameStop today (I have a bunch of trade ins) and pay off the game. But now Rayman Legends has gone from two weeks away to seven months away. I was so ready to play the game. -_-

Don't get me wrong, it's great news for those who don't have Wii U. But man... I really wanted to play the game. Like, now.

Yeah, this is the part that has disappointed me the most. Fine, release it on other platforms, but there's no need for the mega delay on the Wii U just because of that.

Especially now it's going up against GTA V. Good luck with that...

VGChartz

JoeTheBro said:
I wonder how they will deal with the lack of a gamepad. It either shows that the Wii U features were tacked on or else it will just be awkward on PS360.

If you've played the Wii U demo, the features are pretty substantive.

But if this isn't a damn knife in the back from Ubisoft... Nintendo should double their royalty fees specifically for Ubi for the next year.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

lol, no buy from day one

The use of the Gamepad looks a lot of fun. I think the Wii U version is still the one I'd want.

Around the Network
Blacksaber said:
And this is how you fuck up your Console Nintendo.

How the fuck is Nintendo in any way even remotely responsible for this? More like: "And this is how you fuck up Nintendo's console, Ubisoft" 

This really fucking annoys me.

Just let the WiiU owners have it when its ready for them. Dont delay it for the other console owners.

Well that sucks Donkeys balls
Was looking forward to playing this with my Son, I doubt I will be buying this in September now...

Wii U's 3rd party support is drying up.... d00med!!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

milkyjoe said:

Yeah, this is the part that has disappointed me the most. Fine, release it on other platforms, but there's no need for the mega delay on the Wii U just because of that.

Especially now it's going up against GTA V. Good luck with that...

I understand the financial descision made by Ubisoft. I get that.

But really, the game was going to be released in 19 days! Just release the game now for Wii U and then for PS360 in September. Gah... I'm seriously disappointed right now. I was really looking foward to this game. *shakes head*

More waiting now...