By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft announce Rayman Legends to go multiplatfrom, all versions releasing in September

Chandler said:

I don't have a problem with the game going multiplat, but the Wii U delay is a slap in the face. Was Aliens delayed for a simultaneous release? Assassins Creed? Call of Duty? Need for Speed? No.

But I'm looking at it positively. Another 180° by Nintendo haters and I can now again, like Origins, pick up the game for 10 bucks from the bargain bin like 2 weeks after release.

What 180°? I am sure many people wished they could play Rayman Legends.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Ubisoft are jerks. I am 100% certain that development of the Wii U version is complete.

I knew the game was delayed back when Nintendo reported earnings, i'm surprised no one picked up on it. If you look at Nintendo upcoming Wii U games for this quarter, Rayman legends was not shown and Japan's release just said 2013

OUCH. Considering this was the only demo on WiiU in stores at launch this is just... embarassing.

I've played it a few times (at stores natch) and frankly there was nothing in the gamepad use (aside from the mentioned 2 players on seperate screens) that made me want to use the gamepad. I'd sooner play it with the Wiimote or pro controller so PS360 fans really have nothing to worry about.

This leaves only The Wonderful 101 still to launch before March? Or was that moved too?

Wonder if ZombiU will be moved to 360/Smartglass at some point too.

And in no way is this Ubisoft stabbing Nintendo in the back. Ubisoft has one reason for existing. To make money. Clearly with the sales of non-Nintendo games on WiiU and WiiU sales in general, leaving Rayman Legends a WiiU exclusives would be a loss of revenue. And in no way would this game boost system sales so they absolutely made the right move. Nintendo screwed themselves here.

Yeah delaying the game sucks for WiiU owners but we all know what sales are like on late ports.

Euphoria14 said:
Chandler said:

I don't have a problem with the game going multiplat, but the Wii U delay is a slap in the face. Was Aliens delayed for a simultaneous release? Assassins Creed? Call of Duty? Need for Speed? No.

But I'm looking at it positively. Another 180° by Nintendo haters and I can now again, like Origins, pick up the game for 10 bucks from the bargain bin like 2 weeks after release.

There were a lot of people who were going from "Origins is better than Mario" to "Rayman isn't that great anyway" when Legends was announced for Wii U. And I'm pretty sure those people will be back to "bestest platformer of the forever!". And no, I'm will not resort to namecalling, Jay.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
OUCH. Considering this was the only demo on WiiU in stores at launch this is just... embarassing.

I've played it a few times (at stores natch) and frankly there was nothing in the gamepad use (aside from the mentioned 2 players on seperate screens) that made me want to use the gamepad. I'd sooner play it with the Wiimote or pro controller so PS360 fans really have nothing to worry about.

This leaves only The Wonderful 101 still to launch before March? Or was that moved too?

Wonder if ZombiU will be moved to 360/Smartglass at some point too.

And in no way is this Ubisoft stabbing Nintendo in the back. Ubisoft has one reason for existing. To make money. Clearly with the sales of non-Nintendo games on WiiU and WiiU sales in general, leaving Rayman Legends a WiiU exclusives would be a loss of revenue. And in no way would this game boost system sales so they absolutely made the right move. Nintendo screwed themselves here.

By delaying the Wii U version too? That's a slap in the face to everyone who anticipated the game.

Like i said, Nintendo should jack Ubisoft's royalty rates through the roof for the next year.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Interesting Wii U news!

Chandler said:
Euphoria14 said:
Chandler said:

There were a lot of people who were going from "Origins is better than Mario" to "Rayman isn't that great anyway" when Legends was announced for Wii U. And I'm pretty sure those people will be back to "bestest platformer of the forever!". And no, I'm will not resort to namecalling, Jay.

Well, people do that on all sides.

Fro my vantage point I have always seen Rayman Origins as a well respected title by the majority of people here and many, including myself, were upset when it wasn't multiplatform.

Now we all get to enjoy it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

DieAppleDie said:
Ubi backstabbing Nintendo, how unexpected

Why was it to be expected? It's not like Ubisoft has not supported the Wii U. Zombie U says hi!

People saying this game is complete

- It probablly isn't. It doesn't make ANY sense to sit on a completed project and not get revenue from it. This is an unsound business move. Now you can probablly argue the reason why it isn't complete is because they shifted focus to the other versions laging the development.

People saying Bayonetta 2 is published by Nintendo

- Other games were suppose to be published by Sony or MS which have since gone multiplatform.