By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft announce Rayman Legends to go multiplatfrom, all versions releasing in September

On one hand it's good because there will be a no gamepad version if the touch controls really ruin the experience, and more people get to play it. On the other hand I already own a Wii U and would like to play it if it's finished on that system.

Around the Network
johnsobas said:
i know the wii u sales are dissapointing, but i'm not convinced these ports are even gonna be worth it. Kind of reminds me of the whole Epic Mickey 2 thing.

Why would it ?

Epic Mickey was Wii exclusive, Rayman Origins wasn't.
Epic Mickey was a good game, Epic Mickey 2 wasn't and I don't see how Rayman Legends couldn't be a good game.
Epic Mickey sold well on Wii, the PS3 and 360 versions of Rayman Origins sold more than the Wii version.

I don't see any correlation.

Now if you compared Epic Mickey to de Blob....

Barozi said:
johnsobas said:
i know the wii u sales are dissapointing, but i'm not convinced these ports are even gonna be worth it. Kind of reminds me of the whole Epic Mickey 2 thing.

Why would it ?

Epic Mickey was a good game, Epic Mickey 2 wasn't and I don't see how Rayman Legends couldn't be a good game.
Epic Mickey sold well on Wii, the PS3 and 360 versions of Rayman Origins sold more than the Wii version.

Well looked at De Blob and Epic Mickey sales.

Both "original" games sold very well on Wii.  Like 1 million and 2.8 million respectively.

Then looking at #2 for each game, which moved from being a Wii exclusive to being on every platform.  The sales were about half the total of their first games sales on just the Wii.

Never played Mickey 2, the word of mouth of how bad it was made me pass.  So it's tough to say why the sales were worse.  Was it because Wii owners felt ripped off cause it was no longer exclusive?  Was it because game was just bad?  Was the lackluster sales on ps360 because game was bad or cause people don't like jumping into #2 without playing #1?  

Have never played either de Blob so no idea how they copmare quality wise.  What do you think the reason is that the second sold so much worse than the first?

irstupid said:
Barozi said:
johnsobas said:

Why would it ?

Both "original" games sold very well on Wii.  Like 1 million and 2.8 million respectively.

Then looking at #2 for each game, which moved from being a Wii exclusive to being on every platform.  The sales were about half the total of their first games sales on just the Wii.

Never played Mickey 2, the word of mouth of how bad it was made me pass.  So it's tough to say why the sales were worse.  Was it because Wii owners felt ripped off cause it was no longer exclusive?  Was it because game was just bad?  Was the lackluster sales on ps360 because game was bad or cause people don't like jumping into #2 without playing #1?  

Have never played either de Blob so no idea how they copmare quality wise.  What do you think the reason is that the second sold so much worse than the first?

Well for once Epic Mickey 2 seems (without having played it) to be quite a bit worse than Epic Mickey, which in itself wasn't a must have game to begin with. So I guess many of those who bought the first game weren't keen on getting the sequel for this reason. Obviously the downfall of the Wii is another important point as even Just Dance 4 which did comparatively well will only reach 60% of Just Dance 3 LTD sales even though JD4 was bundled in the US during the holidays.
As for the PS360 versions I think it's no surprise that they sold as bad as they did. Sequel to a game most haven't played, lackluster quality and finally small platformer liking userbase.

About de Blob, I have a certain theory.
It looks like there are two kinds of casual oriented franchises. One that does well with every release (Wii Fit, Just Dance, LEGO etc.) and one that has a big success with the first game and is then getting less important with every further release (Zumba Fitness, Mario Party, Guitar Hero, Carnival Games, Deca Sports etc.). The first in the series is fresh and gets new sales and when there's a second game coming out people will rather buy the first because it's cheap.

As for de Blob 2 on PS3 and 360. This time the game hasn't lost quality, but again the platformer fanbase is just low there. I own de Blob 2 so I can say that it's at least not bad, but I wouldn't recommend it as it's really repetitive and easy.

Barozi said:
irstupid said:
Barozi said:
johnsobas said:

Why would it ?

Well for once Epic Mickey 2 seems (without having played it) to be quite a bit worse than Epic Mickey, which in itself wasn't a must have game to begin with. So I guess many of those who bought the first game weren't keen on getting the sequel for this reason. Obviously the downfall of the Wii is another important point as even Just Dance 4 which did comparatively well will only reach 60% of Just Dance 3 LTD sales even though JD4 was bundled in the US during the holidays.
As for the PS360 versions I think it's no surprise that they sold as bad as they did. Sequel to a game most haven't played, lackluster quality and finally small platformer liking userbase.

About de Blob, I have a certain theory.
It looks like there are two kinds of casual oriented franchises. One that does well with every release (Wii Fit, Just Dance, LEGO etc.) and one that has a big success with the first game and is then getting less important with every further release (Zumba Fitness, Mario Party, Guitar Hero, Carnival Games, Deca Sports etc.). The first in the series is fresh and gets new sales and when there's a second game coming out people will rather buy the first because it's cheap.

As for de Blob 2 on PS3 and 360. This time the game hasn't lost quality, but again the platformer fanbase is just low there. I own de Blob 2 so I can say that it's at least not bad, but I wouldn't recommend it as it's really repetitive and easy.

As someone who has played both Epic Mickeys, Barozi is right. I would add that the sequel didnt get near the same advertisment as the original did or neither of the hype. Ill be honest, i thought the original game wasnt that great to begin with, but people were hyping it because it was exclusive not really because they thought it was good. Not so much different than NMH, Madworld, Conduit, etc. It always boggles my mind when people claim a game going multiplat is the reason it did worst than the original it makes, no sense. Where did all the people who bought the Wii version go? Their is nothing stopping them from buying the game on the system they already had. There can only be two reasons, A they dont know about it or B they thought the original sucked and decided to not even bother with the sequel. im thinking the latter. As for HDs, i cant speak on 360 but i know PS3 has a demo, so yeah, it aint all that, you could buy anyone of the R&C games and that would be better, hell you can get the SLy collection and thats better. and Wii U we all know how thats going down.

As for the deblob, i cant comment as ive never played any of them but i would say the same thing. Matter of fact, it seems that sequels released on Wii most of the time do worst. THe only games ive seen not like that is, JD and Raving Rabbids. Interesting.

Around the Network
HoloDust said:

Jut Dance WiiU: 150K (6.04mil on other platforms)

Would that 6.03million happen to be on Wii, and the other 0.01million on ps3/360.

aikohualda said:
why does nintendo fans boycotting the title (previously excited) now that it is announced as multiplat???? that doesnt make sense.......... IT DOESNT!!!!!!

seriously its like throwing tantrums....

Well, maybe, just maybe, it's not about the game going multiplat, but having the $$$ reserved for the game now free for six months for any other game that is coming up this time - half a year. Many wanted the game, because it was on a platform with not much more games released. The library will look much better at the time the game is coming out now, and it will be easier to be overlooked. And the hype is over. What do you think the advertisement Ubisoft and Nintendo made for the game so far will take over to September? How long people will play the demo that is available at the moment?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

milkyjoe said:
aikohualda said:
why does nintendo fans boycotting the title (previously excited) now that it is announced as multiplat???? that doesnt make sense.......... IT DOESNT!!!!!!

seriously its like throwing tantrums....

I'm buying the game still.

The issue is I was supposed to be doing that in less than three weeks time, not in bloody September.

But sure, let's pretend absolutely everybody is just pissed about it going multiplatform...

Yeah, it seems to be the new way to show Nintendo-fans are unreasonable. Only talking about the game going multiplat. That is fine in my book, a move I expected totally as Rayman-games usually are multiplat. It is something that Ubisoft should have done from the beginning. That wouldn't have bothered me either. But at the same time ignoring, that most fans really complain aboutthe delay. Not a month or so, but half a year. For a completed game.

And to all the people saying it will be cheaper on advertisement: The game has a playable demo NOW, I saw multiple videos advertising for it. So they already paid for advertisement. They could it release now without any further ads on WiiU. And advertise in September. No problem.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

digitalnasties said:
HoloDust said:

Jut Dance WiiU: 150K (6.04mil on other platforms)

Would that 6.03million happen to be on Wii, and the other 0.01million on ps3/360.

To be honest I said this before in another thread a month or so ago. Who the hell is buying the Wii U if Just Dance 4 has managed to sell 150K units? I expected FAR less as the console isn't so "casual friendly" Are gamers just closet dancers who act all hardcore around their friends?