By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft announce Rayman Legends to go multiplatfrom, all versions releasing in September

Ubi scared of poor Wii U sales, I take it..

But now the game is releasing in the same month as GTA V..I wonder if this move will even make too much difference.

And not that this game is anywhere close to what DMC4 represented as a PS3 exclusive before it went multiplat, but I was just reminded of those times and the meltdown.Expecting a 'mini version' here.

Around the Network

Wow, pretty disappointed with the news. Seriously, I never really like Ubisoft, but this news is just a stab in the back for all Nintendo fans. Thanks for drying up the software release in Q1, idiots.

Mr Khan said:
Gamerace said:

And in no way is this Ubisoft stabbing Nintendo in the back. Ubisoft has one reason for existing. To make money. Clearly with the sales of non-Nintendo games on WiiU and WiiU sales in general, leaving Rayman Legends a WiiU exclusives would be a loss of revenue. And in no way would this game boost system sales so they absolutely made the right move. Nintendo screwed themselves here.

By delaying the Wii U version too? That's a slap in the face to everyone who anticipated the game.

Like i said, Nintendo should jack Ubisoft's royalty rates through the roof for the next year.

I feel for WiiU owners.  This sucks.  Ubisoft is obligated to make a profit and we all know how ports of games that came out months ago do.  Crap.

If they launch all together they all benefit from the marketing/hype one time.    If they launch it on WiiU now and PS3/360 later, their sales are shot.  There'd be little point.     As crappy as it is, from a business perspective, it's the right move.   From a WiiU fan perspective - it sucks balls.

Day 1 for my ps3 baby.

Now I have to wonder how Zombie U did on the Wii U. The figures probably did not inspire confidence.

As for Bayonetta 2 ... As long as Nintendo is not the IP holder anything is possible. It will definitely tank on the Wii U (I don't want it to but it is more than likely). But that wouldn't encourage a publisher to port a 'version' of Bayonetta 2 on PS3/360. Let's wait and see ...

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Great news for 360/PS3 owners. One less reason to buy a Wii U for me, but by September, that might not matter, if the first party games are there.

Nintendo obviously can't rely on third parties to launch their system. Didn't they learn that from 3DS?

Around the Network
pezus said:
osed125 said:
pezus said:
I thought the WiiU features would make this unportable.
Ubisoft must've wanted more sales and not liked the WiiU sales figures much. Good for them, this will get them at least triple the sales (probably considerably more)

Now for Bayonetta 2...and the circle will be complete.

Nintendo is publishing Bayonetta 2, so the chances are very limited with that game, plus Nintendo will keep that game close to heart, they won't give the publishing rights to anyone else.

OT: Why not release the game before on the Wii U? this doesn't make much sense really. And like people already said, on September you are going to compete with GTA V, very stupid decision Ubisoft...

Did Nintendo not publish Ninja Gaiden WiiU? What makes you think Nintendo will keep the game close to heart?

Wasn't Ninja Gaiden 3 already released earlier. It's different if you just add things to the game, in comparison to when you have the whole game and it's not released on other systems yet. 

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Remember you can't spell realign without ign.  Seemes that what alot of 3rd parties are doing with their Nintendo strategy

MoshiYoshi said:
Nintendo should really be pushing to get this out before the other platforms!

They probably were.  Hence why it took so long for the delay to be announced.  Delaying a game 3 weeks before the street date is highly irregular.  This is Ubisoft firing a warning shot to Nintendo.  "Improve your Wii U business or this is the kind of support you can expect from us going forward."

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Max King of the Wild said:
People saying this game is complete

- It probablly isn't. It doesn't make ANY sense to sit on a completed project and not get revenue from it. This is an unsound business move. Now you can probablly argue the reason why it isn't complete is because they shifted focus to the other versions laging the development.

People saying Bayonetta 2 is published by Nintendo

- Other games were suppose to be published by Sony or MS which have since gone multiplatform.

Did not Platinum say "Without Nintendo, Bayonetta 2 would not exist" ?? Aren't Nintendo also co-developing that as well as Wonderful 101? I doubt it's just a publishing deal, if that's the case. It's more like Nintendo's exclusivity on The Last Story, but without Nintendo buying the IP as well.

badgenome said:
Interesting Wii U news!

Rich is a master troll!