By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft announce Rayman Legends to go multiplatfrom, all versions releasing in September

Crazy that a game so close could be delayed.  They must have decided this a while ago, otherwise they would have already been printing discs.  February is looking very empty for the Wii U.  Is there anything until Lego City in mid March?

Around the Network

I'm happy about that. This was one game i'd consider to buy a WiiU for sometimes, but now i'll just have to sit back and wait. Hopefully they'll bring it to the vita too, the first Rayman did quite good on it.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Wow. I don't mind it coming to the Xbox 360 and PS3, but why delay the Wii U version when its probably done? I was planning to buy this day one for $60, but now I will pick it up in the bargain bin for $20.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

pezus said:
I thought the WiiU features would make this unportable.
Ubisoft must've wanted more sales and not liked the WiiU sales figures much. Good for them, this will get them at least triple the sales (probably considerably more)

Now for Bayonetta 2...and the circle will be complete.

Bayonetta 2 is DIFFERENT. Why do people not understand this?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

pokoko said:
I can understand being disappointed over the delay but why are so many Nintendo fans suddenly not wanting to play the game at all? Strange.

It still sounds like the Wii U version is going to be the best.

Because every WiiU fan feels extremly betrayed by Ubisoft right now? Delaying a game 20 days before its release AND making it multiplatform at the same time is just backstabbing.

I really wanted to buy the game day-1, right now I'm not feeling like giving Ubisoft any money for it at all.

Around the Network
pezus said:
I thought the WiiU features would make this unportable.
Ubisoft must've wanted more sales and not liked the WiiU sales figures much. Good for them, this will get them at least triple the sales (probably considerably more)

Now for Bayonetta 2...and the circle will be complete.

Nintendo is publishing Bayonetta 2, so the chances are very limited with that game, plus Nintendo will keep that game close to heart, they won't give the publishing rights to anyone else.

OT: Why not release the game before on the Wii U? this doesn't make much sense really. And like people already said, on September you are going to compete with GTA V, very stupid decision Ubisoft...

Nintendo and PC gamer

I don't have a problem with the game going multiplat, but the Wii U delay is a slap in the face. Was Aliens delayed for a simultaneous release? Assassins Creed? Call of Duty? Need for Speed? No.

But I'm looking at it positively. Another 180° by Nintendo haters and I can now again, like Origins, pick up the game for 10 bucks from the bargain bin like 2 weeks after release.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Sad to hear that WiiU owners who were looking forward to it now have to wait, but I am sure glad that I can now buy it on PS3.

My daughter likes Origins.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Ok, I don't care about the loss of exclusivity, but damn why delay WiiU release? That's BS.

Excellent, both NG3 Razors Edge and this.