By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GameStop to Close 500 Stores in 2013 - help BenV make it right again!

I saw the title before the stealth edit...wow. You should've got banned for that shit

Around the Network

This is not surprising.

Gamestops acquisitions had a better grasp on the market than they do (Babbages, EB Games, Funcoland).

Its a shame really, I shopped at all three and have not purchased anything from Gamestop in many years.

500? Yeowch. How many stores do they have overall?

looks like I'm the only one who enjoys going to my gamestop.

Not all that sad. I avoid gamestop as god as i can. Especially since the store right next to gamestop sells many games new for the price gamestop sells them used....

Around the Network

i never liked gamestop so i won't miss them in any way i do have to wonder how this will effect the industry. while i love digital there are plenty who don't (yet.). if those people get squeezed out it could be bad for everyone involved.

shame, from what Americans tell me there Gamestop visits are just lovely

I can safely say this article has no idea what they are talking about.

All is well in Gamestop land. Its the end of the cycle of course sales are down. The industry is down across the planet.

We are the number 1 retailer in multiple consoles and most software now. In fact I dont think people realize how huge our market share is at this point. Once the new cycle starts sales will rise dramatically again

No offense to anyone that works there or likes shopping there, but I generally avoid Gamestop. I once got burned on a used game that I grabbed on impulse. I got home, looked it up, and found that it was almost $20 cheaper, BRAND NEW, on Amazon. I'm not making that up. I see no point in going there when I can't trust the prices to be fair. I'm not necessarily angry or blaming Gamestop itself, I just feel like I would have to look everything up online first, which negates the entire process. I usually stick to Amazon.

BenVTrigger said:
I can safely say this article has no idea what they are talking about.

All is well in Gamestop land. Its the end of the cycle of course sales are down. The industry is down across the planet.

We are the number 1 retailer in multiple consoles and most software now. In fact I dont think people realize how huge our market share is at this point. Once the new cycle starts sales will rise dramatically again

What if the Xbox 720 and PS4 are geared massively towards digital distribution?