By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Wii U Design Focused on Memory Efficiency

Tagged games:

ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:

I understand what your saying but the gpu alaysis will tell us if its weaker, more powerful or on par, the analysis will show us every single customised feature in the gpu, or you can just believe in hidden power.

What the specs of something are and what it can achieve in real world performance are often two VERY different things.

ninjablade said:

tecmo, vigil, all claim it's on par, not to mention metro last light which cancelled the wiiu version after looking at the dev kit, claiming the cpu was too weak.

So I'm supposed to take the word of 2 devs who've only made one technically unremarkable port each on the system, and one dev who's never even gone that far?

reality is beyond3d and neogaf are the best sources, especially beyond3d that's what the foundation of the website is, you can believe what ever you want in the end. you obviously don't really care about specs and believe its up to the developer, no point in argiung with you.

It is up to the developer. Many games have exceeded what was thought possible on a system thanks to clever developers finding ways to circumvent hardware weaknesses or get more mileage out of each clock cycle or megabyte of memory. You can't truly know a system's potential from looking at spec sheets, that takes a highly talented developer making multiple ground-up games on the system and learning it inside out.

Around the Network
ninjablade said:

ps4/720 games will make wiiu look dated, they will still look nice but really dated for instants playing crysis on console vs crysis moded ultra on pc.

Well, I guess if you like graphics a ton then you would care. Most gamers won't care either as they will all look amazing regardless. Innovation and games will lead this next-gen IMO. All 3 systems will have HD and that is more than enough for most people's standards. To me, graphics themselves never mattered a ton but rather art style. I will admit that realistic-visuals such as human faces, and realilistic-looking worlds could use a bit more improvement. With that said, Nintendo games never really tried to be realilistic. They are normally more art-style or cartoony focused. I don't think the extra realism of Orbis or Durango will take anything away from how nice the Wii U's graphics look. It may show a difference for 3rd Party multi-plats but I don't think it will matter too much in the end.

curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:

I understand what your saying but the gpu alaysis will tell us if its weaker, more powerful or on par, the analysis will show us every single customised feature in the gpu, or you can just believe in hidden power.

What the specs of something are and what it can achieve in real world performance are often two VERY different things.

ninjablade said:

tecmo, vigil, all claim it's on par, not to mention metro last light which cancelled the wiiu version after looking at the dev kit, claiming the cpu was too weak.

So I'm supposed to take the word of 2 devs who've only made one technically unremarkable port each on the system, and one dev who's never even gone that far?

reality is beyond3d and neogaf are the best sources, especially beyond3d that's what the foundation of the website is, you can believe what ever you want in the end. you obviously don't really care about specs and believe its up to the developer, no point in argiung with you.

It is up to the developer. Many games have exceeded what was thought possible on a system thanks to clever developers finding ways to circumvent hardware weaknesses or get more mileage out of each clock cycle or megabyte of memory. You can't truly know a system's potential from looking at spec sheets, that takes a highl talented developer making multiple ground-up games on the system and learning it inside out.

yes you can dude, there are certain limitaions, if specs say its on par with 360/ps3 then we know it's potentail, is looking a bit better then those games, you will never get a game like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq7-hTVP9AE or even this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU7WGAJPRRw to look like that and perform great.

ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:

ninjablade said:

It is up to the developer. Many games have exceeded what was thought possible on a system thanks to clever developers finding ways to circumvent hardware weaknesses or get more mileage out of each clock cycle or megabyte of memory. You can't truly know a system's potential from looking at spec sheets, that takes a highl talented developer making multiple ground-up games on the system and learning it inside out.

yes you can dude, there are certain limitaions, if specs say its on par with 360/ps3 then we know it's potentail, is looking a bit better then those games, you will never get a game like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq7-hTVP9AE or even this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU7WGAJPRRw to look like that and perform great.

Specs can only tell you athe broad strokes of a system's functionality. Every system has quirks, kinks, and theory-real world disparities that don't show up on the spec sheets.

ninjablade said:
Kaizar said:

ninjablade said:
Neogaf is doing a gpu tear down, they paid chips work 200$ to do the job, so we will no if wii u is weaker or stronger then current gen soon.

100% of Named 3rd Party Devs say it is a minimum of 150% as powerful graphics then the PS3.

They have the Dev Kit to all video game systems you know?

But I have come across a lot of users who choose to go in denial about what all Named 3rd Party Devs have said about Home & Handheld Consoles.

So please just listen to the "Named" 3rd Party Devs, instead of other users on the Internet........Trust Me.

Well, those 3rd parties make their engines differently from almost all others.

For instance; Metro fully relies on the CPU only for its games, the Metro engine does not use neither GPU nor RAM for any & all of their games, but is made for modern graphics, LOL. So to run Metro at 100% capacity, you would need next Gen PCs. It's clearly an Engine made by people who know the littlest about how video games run since the 1990'sfor crying out loud.

Long story short, you choose bad 3rd party engines for your example, especially Metro, which is the most ignorant engine made in the 21st Century that I can think of.

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:
ninjablade said:

ps4/720 games will make wiiu look dated, they will still look nice but really dated for instants playing crysis on console vs crysis moded ultra on pc.

Well, I guess if you like graphics a ton then you would care. Most gamers won't care either as they will all look amazing regardless. Innovation and games will lead this next-gen IMO. All 3 systems will have HD and that is more than enough for most people's standards. To me, graphics themselves never mattered a ton but rather art style. I will admit that realistic-visuals such as human faces, and realilistic-looking worlds could use a bit more improvement. With that said, Nintendo games never really tried to be realilistic. They are normally more art-style or cartoony focused. I don't think the extra realism of Orbis or Durango will take anything away from how nice the Wii U's graphics look. It may show a difference for 3rd Party multi-plats but I don't think it will matter too much in the end.

its not just that, i'm cheap and only need one console, i take the one with the best hardware and most third party support, i'm pretty much going with ps4 nextgen, the specs sounds great, free online and great first party support and third party support, unless 720 end up being 2x more powerful which looks like its not happening, i'm all about the best value for my money and not really loyal to any company.

Man he got banned again. I'm pretty sure he won't be here to know the results of our bet lol

Nintendo and PC gamer

ninjablade said:

its not just that, i'm cheap and only need one console, i take the one with the best hardware and most third party support, i'm pretty much going with ps4 nextgen, the specs sounds great, free online and great first party support and third party support, unless 720 end up being 2x more powerful which looks like its not happening, i'm all about the best value for my money and not really loyal to any company.

We were talking about Wii U's power being less than Durango & Orbis, I don't think it will matter to most gamers and Wii U will be fine regardless. You have said before that Wii U won't be able to compete due to its lack of power. I respect your opinion but have to disagree and don't think it will make a big difference in sales.

as far as your preference goes? Cool. I fully understand the whole 1 system per gen thing. I only get 1 system per gen too. I look at the total value of the system and its games. Graphics & power never managed all that much to me. I can see how people such as yourself want the best hardware but that doesn't matter to my personal preference. I do like Nintendo's 1st party the most by far, and have been exclusive to Nintendo since I began gaming. I've had a N64, GC, Wii, GB, GBA, DS, and 3DS. With that said, I was too young to make my choices with N64, GC, GB, GBA, and DS. The Wii & 3DS are the only 2 systems I have bought knowing what else was out there and what each were capable of. Back with the Wii, I still didn't know everything and didn't do much research though. This upcoming gen will be my first gen where I get to research and learn about each system and know the upcoming games. I am not automatically going with Wii U.

What he being banned for? I mean, I disagree with him, but he didn't seem to be out of line besides deliberately stirring up trouble. I mean, he didn't flame anyone or outright post, "lolz the pii u is crap and if you like it ur a pathetic nintendrone lolololol."

I guess I'm still not overly familiar with this site's rules, so if he was banned for being negative and stirring people up, then I suppose that works. One of the reasons this site is so much more pleasant than other game sites is the mods actually do their job. :)

curl-6 said:

What he being banned for? I mean, I disagree with him, but he didn't seem to be out of line besides deliberately stirring up trouble. I mean, he didn't flame anyone or outright post, "lolz the pii u is crap and if you like it ur a pathetic nintendrone lolololol."

I guess I'm still not overly familiar with this site's rules, so if he was banned for being negative and stirring people up, then I suppose that works. One of the reasons this site is so much more pleasant than other game sites is the mods actually do their job. :)

I can see why he was banned because he does seem to bash Nintendo a lot with no basis. This time however, I feel as if we were actually having a calm disscussion...oh well I guess.