By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

How the Vita will do in the second year?

Worse (<3 million) 138 21.97%

Same (3-4 million) 161 25.64%

Better (4-7 million) 254 40.45%

Doubling (>7 million) 75 11.94%

Total:628

Mnementh said:

Well, you better discuss this prediction with Kitler. Your expectations for coming sales differ very much.

7 million is end of life of any console/handheld... that's dead... no other word can explain better what happened to PSV if it sold less than 7 million in the second year... the first year is fine but the second???

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Mnementh said:

Well, you better discuss this prediction with Kitler. Your expectations for coming sales differ very much.

7 million is end of life of any console/handheld... that's dead... no other word can explain better what happened to PSV if it sold less than 7 million in the second year... the first year is fine but the second???

Well, I don't think the Gamecube had a single year with 7 million sales. Nevertheless it wasn't dead - it was not successful, but not dead.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Goodness, some people are expecting Sony to discontinue the Vita with that

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Scisca said:
I've recently heard an idea about Sony making a Digimon games for Vita. I think this could be worth a shot, it would be the closest thing to Pokemon imaginable. Just make it a good RPG with awesome graphics that 3DS can't get close to, market it like crazy and hope for the best!

The popularity of the Digimon IP is very low.  Namco Bandai owns the license for video games and they just relased a new PSP Digimon title in Japan on the 17th which netted just 45k first week.  That's not a system mover.

There's been a new Digimon game on the PSP for the past 2 years and they never light up the charts.  Nor did the Digimon games on the DS for the years before that.

Only 1 Digimon game has ever sold over 1 million units and that was back in 1999.  The next best seller was 600k 1 year later.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Tag.

Vita 2013 takes the early lead, can it fend off the 2012 EU and NA launch surge??????

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
Scisca said:
I've recently heard an idea about Sony making a Digimon games for Vita. I think this could be worth a shot, it would be the closest thing to Pokemon imaginable. Just make it a good RPG with awesome graphics that 3DS can't get close to, market it like crazy and hope for the best!

The popularity of the Digimon IP is very low.  Namco Bandai owns the license for video games and they just relased a new PSP Digimon title in Japan on the 17th which netted just 45k first week.  That's not a system mover.

There's been a new Digimon game on the PSP for the past 2 years and they never light up the charts.  Nor did the Digimon games on the DS for the years before that.

Only 1 Digimon game has ever sold over 1 million units and that was back in 1999.  The next best seller was 600k 1 year later.

But were these games any good? Cause Pokemon games don't sell only because of the brand, they are awesome games. I'm not saying this Digimon idea is something easy that will generate profit no matter what, but is it feasible? I think so. They'd have to do some work, cooperate with other companies, but it could help them establish a brand targeted at kids. And it's just an idea after all.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Updated the OP with this weeks data. The Vita is so far in front this year globally, but only because it wasn't released in the US and europe last year. Japanese weekly sales are behind last years.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

This should be interesting in a couple months time.

Gilgamesh said:

This should be interesting in a couple months time.

I agree. I hope the trend will change over the year and the thing is, I hope with these weekly sales graphs we will spot the changes in momentum early.

I updated the OP with the new data. Nothing happened this week, except a increase in Japan because of some games. But that happened last year too and so the sales stay below last years.

A quick look at the poll:
 How the Vita will do in the second year?
Worse (<3 million) 35 15.84%
Same (3-4 million) 64 28.96%
Better (4-7 million) 97 43.89%
Doubling (>7 million) 25 11.31%
Total: 221

Most expecting Vita to do better in the second year. So far it is more on track to do the same or maybe even worse than last year. We will see how that develops in the upcoming weeks.