By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

How the Vita will do in the second year?

Worse (<3 million) 138 21.97%

Same (3-4 million) 161 25.64%

Better (4-7 million) 254 40.45%

Doubling (>7 million) 75 11.94%

Total:628
BasilZero said:
Kasz216 said:

You'd probably have a better shot with a new IP honestly.  Despite the similar names, digimon actually was quite different conceptually and would play different as a game.

Maybe a reboot of the Dragon Quest Monsters franchise.  The first one sold like 2 million in Japan.

If a Dragon Quest Monsters game was to be made whether it be a sequel/prequel, remake or reboot - it would either be released on 3DS...or on mobiles l0l.

Well I meant  Sony should pay for such a thing, if they were looking for something functionally close to a pokemon clone.

Really funny enough, although it's going to DS i'd probaby argue Shin Megami Tensei is closest tok Pokemon.

Really the lack of Pokemon clones is shocking.

Around the Network

I'm not so sure, the word "success", and the Vita belong in the same sentence at this current time, and place.

brendude13 said:
Mnementh said:
Sorry for the late update. MH is eating up my time.
Anyways, now the OP has the recent data. It shows a further drop, although we heard about the rumours about Vita being supply-constrained until golden week. That means, real sales are probably a bit higher, maybe some thousand. That alone does not help at the global scale, better sales in Japan alone are obviously not enough to keep the Vita above last years sales level. Vita needs the pricecut and the games also in the west.

Oh, very funny. I see what you did there.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of this. It's simply the truth. I'm again late for the update, sorry for that. I have to go to work now, I update the OP later.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I voted same. The graphs in the first post though are telling the tale with the info they provide. It will be worse for sure. How much though? With Poke'mon and other big games likely headed to the 3DS it's looking very bleak for the future of the Vita. At least short term.

That sounds worse than I meant it too. The Vita will sell only a little less than 2012. A million or so? I'm expecting a price cut.

I think it will do better, it just needs a price cut in North America and Europe. You can see the improvements from Japan and i'm sure Sony has the sense to cut it this year at some point here.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

Price cut in September along with Killzone and Tearaway should spark some interest and if COD, AC and a big 1st party title come this holiday it could end the year on a good note. It could reach 10m sold by the end of the year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

This thread needs a major update.

Paul said:

you just had to bump it XD

Paul said:

I mean.  I guess.  You could always just use this though....

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_yoy.php?reg=Global&start_year=2012&end_year=2013&console=PSV

2012 vs 2013  for each month

Jan: 184917

Feb: -309673

March: -124238

April: -51872

May: -44193

June: -79149

July: -28022

August: 18469

Spetember: -65460

October: 123378

Which means that the total so far is -375,843

So, not looking positive so far.  However it is heading into the holiday season with more momentum then last year.

Tldr; November and December sales would have to be aproximitly 30% higher then last years to match last years sales totals.