By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Breaking News! Naughty Dog going multiplatform

Uncharted 4 on 3DS! Now that's what I'm talking about!

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

AaaawwHahaaw. You funny guy, you.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Another breaking news -->  Turn 10 Studios announces they will go multi-platform after the release of Forza 5 to explore "new opportunities".

Source:  http://goo.gl/dGONye

JayWood2010 said:
Kresnik said:
JayWood2010 said:

They had a contract and it ended.  It was bungies choice after that.

I thought they bought out Bungie.  As in, outright owned them, as Sony outright own ND.  What kind of contract did they have?

Nah they bought Halo not bungie.  I think they had around a 10 year contract or something.  Bungie seemed like they wanted to explore other titles besides Halo.  A lot of the bungie employees work for 343i though. It is basically Bungie's successor.  Not saying they are better or worst than Bungie, but it is like a branch off of Bungie and has a lot of the same team.

No Microsoft did own them. After the success of Halo 3 Bungie asked o be let out of their contract. They wanted to be an independent developer again. Microsoft allowed it but I believe it was only because Frank O'Conner was forming 343i with the majority of the Halo die hards from Bungie.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Do people really believe everything they read?

From Naughty Dogs Website:

Naughty Dog became a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment, publishers of our Crash franchise and creators of the PlayStation family of consoles, in 2001. We then moved on from Crash and spent days, and occasionally nights, working on our next project: the first Jak and Daxter title. Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, came to life over a period of two years, although some of the Naughty Dog team had spent up to three years on the game by the time it was released.

Somehow I doubt Sony would let them out of the contract (or that they would want to leave after how well Last of Us is doing currently)

Around the Network
Ssenkahdavic said:

Naughty Dog became a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment, publishers of our Crash franchise and creators of the PlayStation family of consoles, in 2001. We then moved on from Crash and spent days, and occasionally nights, working on our next project: the first Jak and Daxter title. Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, came to life over a period of two years, although some of the Naughty Dog team had spent up to three years on the game by the time it was released.

this was a retarded rumor from January, so....

MohammadBadir said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

Doesnt matter when it was from, people seriously need to stop believing everything they read.

But if for some reason this did happen, good luck to them!  They make great games.

Jay520 said:
In other news Nintendo will be releasing Pokemon exclusively on the Vita because they feel sorry for the handheld.

I will take it.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

I don't get it. Is the interview somewhere in that picture? :P

MohammadBadir said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

LMAO XD  Somebody revived this thread and this was never a rumor haha  Read the thread and then click the link.  I wrote this "retarded rumor" myself haha  Funny people still fall for it though ;P