By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Breaking News! Naughty Dog going multiplatform

I almost got a fucking heartattack.

Around the Network

someone ban this guy

JayWood2010 said:

Today we met up with co-president Evan Wells after strangely leaving from Nintendo Direct.  We couldn't help but interview Evan Wells where he possibly leaked a bit of information about the company of Naughty Dog and their future.

"As a developer you really need to think of the future of the company you know?   We have a great partnership with Sony and they have helped us make some of the industry's greatest titles like Crash and Uncharted but we are at a time that we may need to explore new opportunities."

We were as confused as you were and questioned him further and whether this meant that they are possibly going multiplatform.  As we all know Naughty Dog recently met up with Josh Reigns from Microsoft as well.  Is this just a coinicedence or is there actually some kind of story behind it.

"I will not comment on rumor and speculation and I can not comment about details at this time"

Evan Wells would not say anything else but I think we may have just found that they are possibly going multiplatform.

For more information and to read the entire interview click the link http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4835833370902583&pid=1.7

NO seriosly click the link! http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4835833370902583&pid=1.7

New opportunities could also mean mean newer IP's, ever tought of that? Sony has always been open to Naughty Dog's interest in new IP's.

this is how i imagine jaywood looks everytime somebody posts in this thread

radiantshadow92 said:
someone ban this guy

lol its just a joke, no need to ban him for a joke thread thats actually funny for a change

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
someone ban this guy

lol its just a joke, no need to ban him for a joke thread thats actually funny for a change

the internet is nothing to joke about.

Andrespetmonkey said:
Is that even possible? Aren't they "owned" by Sony?

Would be a huge loss for Sony if true.

He is trolling. Naughty Dog belongs to Sony.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

radiantshadow92 said:
bananaking21 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
someone ban this guy

the internet is nothing to joke about.

true, techinically though the mods can ban him because he gave every sony a fan a heart attack, he literally put a 3rd of the members of this site in a hospital 

darkknightkryta said:
badgenome said:
Naughty Dog isn't in any danger of going multiplatform. By that I mean they will never touch the Vita.

And they say this site doesn't need a "like" button.

A like button, yes...  A dislike button, no.  If you don't like it, move on.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yeah, but that doesn't break from my point. That studio is dedicated to Halo, Naughty Dog is a totally different ball game. They were already a family with Sony because they were "adopted" officially by them. Bungie still left because of differences with Microsoft. It's very telling thing about a relationship with a company like Microsoft when you decide to work with them rather than being built by them, it seems to become a terrirotial issue. When they allowed Bungie to depart they went to the entity thats worse than Microsoft in creative management and thats Activision. I would consider such a move an insult (really, think about it). When Microsoft purchases companies it does not feel natural from an outside perspective and there is zero harmony. I think it is good that they are creating companies from scratch, because they wont just destroy them or throw them away senselessly when things do not go their way. Sony and Naughty Dog both share a love of making games that help you "ride the movies", much like when Naughty Dog wasn't owned by Sony but was working second party with Sony while making published games for Universal with Crash. This is unlike like what the O' Conner said in the video, which is fans of Halo coming together to make a huge Halo, but rather Naughty Dog and Sony in tandem working together to make high quality movie-like games. This is also why Quantic Dream is so drawn to Sony. It wont be long until Sony makes them first party as well.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-06-28-the-rise-of-naughty-dog-part-2

"It was a smart financial move on Sony's part. That was true by the time Andy and I left, but when you add the Uncharted series, it becomes obvious. It was also a good move for the Naughty Dog team. From that day forward, we had a comfortable place to focus on making the best games we could with all the support that only a company like Sony could provide. That focus and support continues to this day. But was it a smart move for Andy and me personally? In retrospect, I think so. But who knows what would have happened were Andy and I still leading an independent Naughty Dog!"

Without Sony...there would've never been an Uncharted. They told Naughty Dog to make that game, because they were working on another title.

I see what you are getting at now.  And it makes sense in a lot of ways.  I just wanted to point out that it isnt bad working for microsoft and it seems to be the opposite, but I do get what you are saying and that Naughty Dog may not be the same without sony as they grew up together.