By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Today's Nintendo Direct completely changed my mind on Wii U

Have your opinions on Wii U changed?

Yes I wasn't interested ... 109 21.37%

I already loved Wii U and... 298 58.43%

No I'm still not interes... 71 13.92%

Still undecided on the console 31 6.08%

Total:509
Pavolink said:
Attoyou said:
Now the Wii u hate will start to disappear. Well done Nintendo, the games look crazy.

hahahaha

Ok, maybe not all Wii U hate (with ps4-720 around the corner) But a lot. This stupid "no games!" shit that happens with every system after launch, like people were expecting 15 AAA 90+ meta games on day one. PS4-720 will have their turn in the DOOM game.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network
runqvist said:
Haven't seen the monolith game so unless it is something truly awesome then no, this did absolutely nothing to change my mind. Most of those games were expected or too niche to move any hardware.

That game actually looks pretty cool.

Attoyou said:
Pavolink said:
Attoyou said:
Now the Wii u hate will start to disappear. Well done Nintendo, the games look crazy.

hahahaha

Ok, maybe not all Wii U hate (with ps4-720 around the corner) But a lot. This stupid "no games!" shit that happens with every system after launch, like people were expecting 15 AAA 90+ meta games on day one. PS4-720 will have their turn in the DOOM game.

Of course it won't be "no games!" anymore, now it is "lol we saw expected games!".

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Happy to see some updates

runqvist said:
Haven't seen the monolith game so unless it is something truly awesome then no, this did absolutely nothing to change my mind. Most of those games were expected or too niche to move any hardware.

trust me the monolith game will sell system's it looks amazing

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Attoyou said:
Pavolink said:
Attoyou said:

hahahaha

Of course it won't be "no games!" anymore, now it is "lol we saw expected games!".

Ok, fuck 'em.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

I was actually Impressed by Nintendo's "Nintendo Direct" This Morning, As a matter of fact, I think I might even be motivated to purchase one ( I purchased a Sky Blue Wii a couple of weeks ago, but I think I might put it back up for sale now) after seeing the unveiling of Wii U's Virtual Console including Gameboy Advance Games ( hoping for an early release of "The Minish Cap" since it's the second game chronologically in the "Zelda" series), More Footage of "Bayonetta 2" ( I still wish Wii U would get a port of the first one, since I never played it), More footage of "The Wonderful 101", learning about "Windwaker HD" ( I'm still hoping that they'll let you play "Windwaker" on your tv, and the Tingle section that you could play on your GameBoy Advance on the Wii U's Gamepad -- thinking of putting my 'Cube, GBA SP(s), GBA Zelda games, Gameboy Player -- since you're going to be able to play GBA on Wii U -- and GCN "Windwaker" up for sell now too to get Wii U and an HD TV)), and seeing footage from Monolith Soft's upcoming game (sequel to "Xenoblade Chronicles"?) was Awesome!!!

I do hope they'll continue the trend their starting with "Windwaker HD" of putting Gamecube (and hopefully Wii) remakes on Wii U because games like the "Metroid Prime Trilogy", "Xenoblade Chronicles" just cost too much on ebay and "Skyward Sword" ( and "Twilight Princess") would look even more fantastic in true HD versions.

Also like "Pokemon Conquest" the Shin Megami Tensei / Fire Emblem crossover looked Sweet!!!

riderz13371 said:

Yeah and it was a reply to previous comments. You just randomly come into the conversation as if your opinion is needed.

Yeah, how dare that asshole try to interrupt the clearly-private conversation you were reasonably trying to have on an internet forum!!!

Don't be a dick, dude. If you're posting in a thread, you're having a public conversation. Expect it to be treated as such. If you have a problem with that, go somewhere else.

noname2200 said:
riderz13371 said:

Yeah and it was a reply to previous comments. You just randomly come into the conversation as if your opinion is needed.

Yeah, how dare that asshole try to interrupt the clearly-private conversation you were reasonably trying to have on an internet forum!!!

Don't be a dick, dude. If you're posting in a thread, you're having a public conversation. Expect it to be treated as such. If you have a problem with that, go somewhere else.

I don't have a problem with him coming into the conversation. What I have a problem with is him accusing me of saying something when I didn't and not understanding what my comment was replying to. 

Wander_ said:

Now they don't have shit to announce at E3 all of you guys who went ape shit today will criticize them for not showing anything new at E3.

And yes my opinion has changed.

Well they're still holding Retro's next game as a wild card, so...