By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Today's Nintendo Direct completely changed my mind on Wii U

Have your opinions on Wii U changed?

Yes I wasn't interested ... 109 21.37%

I already loved Wii U and... 298 58.43%

No I'm still not interes... 71 13.92%

Still undecided on the console 31 6.08%

Total:509

we still haven't even seen what retro has been working on and miyamoto's new IP

Around the Network

Yes!!! I've been convinced to pick one up now. Hopefully in the summer time but there is still chance they'll be overshadowed by what microsoft and Sony Show at E3. Either way I'm glad nintendo is bringing their A-game to the console business again. The Monolith RPG stole my heart already... better looking then any console title this gen.

echoesfromthepast said:
This nintendo direct was better than all of e3 last year

So f****** true!

Glad to hear, Ben, and I'm glad that there are others who have more confidence in the console now.

Nintendo's biggest problem IMO is that they have just not been forthcoming enough with this kind of information to get people excited. When they do have an announcement segment, we see that they indeed have more things planned to raise the excitement level. Having a new 3D Mario and Mario Kart playable at E3 suggests that either/both of these could potentially launch later this year, and coupled with a price drop I think WiiU is going to have a very nice holiday.

I'm confident that they'll make a good E3 showing this year. The Nintendo Direct was pretty good, but it wasn't awe-inspiring or anything. I think Nintendo is still holding too many secrets, but that's somewhat understandable.

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
Lol doesn't matter what they show at E3 you guys. 2 brand new next gen consoles...you think anything Nintendo shows will outshine the PS4 or Xbox 720? I highly doubt it.

Nintendo doesn't need to worry about trying to outshine the new console reveals.  What they need to focus on is making the WiiU look attractive regardless of what the other guys do, similar to what the PS2 did at E3 2001 or the 360 at E3 2006.

riderz13371 said:
Lol doesn't matter what they show at E3 you guys. 2 brand new next gen consoles...you think anything Nintendo shows will outshine the PS4 or Xbox 720? I highly doubt it.

Do you think Nintendo actually cares that they're announcing new consoles? Did that stop Sony and Microsoft from having great (well...) conferences in 2011? No, it didn't. Nintendo will have things to show off at E3 and they will either be dissapointing or impressive. But that won't be because Sony/MS are releasing their new consoles.

Well, i was already pondering to get one, but this certainly adds weight to that possibility.

Now the Wii u hate will start to disappear. Well done Nintendo, the games look crazy.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

riderz13371 said:
Pavolink said:
riderz13371 said:

Maybe you could point us where the OP said  Nintendo will outshine PS4720 this E3.

OP: Glad to see you liked Ben, still be careful. We  don't know the release date for most of the games. Bayonetta and Monolith's game are likely to come until next year.

Maybe you should read some of the comments. Some people are saying Nintendo has no games to announce at E3 and it will be boring while others are saying they will have the most epic E3 with Mario and Zelda and the usual Nintendo innovative games.

Is that why you think they'll get destroyed by innovative games like KillZone 4 and Forza Motorsport?

Hypocrite...