By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Monolith Soft Game - Codenamed "X" - In-game footage!

noname2200 said:
Viper1 said:

Point is that she is factually incorrect.  And it's physically impossible to have the same power gap as before.   That would require Orbis and Durango to have about 44 TFLOPS of processing power.  Or about the same performance power as 12 HD 7970's.

More powerful?  Yes.  Same gap?  Absolutely impossible. Not even remotely close to the same gap.

This is DC to PS2 gap.   Not Wii to PS3 gap.  Anybody claiming as such either doesn't know much about the technology (excusable) or should damn well know better (inexcusable).

It's simple math, dude. The Wii U has, like, three cores. The other systems have a whopping eight. Rounded up, that means Orbis/Durango are already three times more powerful, because that's how these things work. Then you add in the fact that the Wii U has 2 GBs of RAM, while the other systems have 4 GB. That's a 2x difference. Multiply that with the 3x difference in processors, and that's already 6x the power.

BUT then the Wii U uses a full GB of RAM on the OS, so it really only has 1 GB, while the other systems utilize 3.5 GBs of RAM, so that's a 3.5x difference. Multiply that by the 6x figure from earlier, and that's already a 21x power difference. 21 times!!!1! And we haven't even gotten into the fact that non-Nintendo systems get a racial bonus vis-a-vis Nintendo systems. Looking through my D&D books, that amounts to another 3x multiplier, plus 2 d10+1.

As you can see, this means the Wii U is 63 and 2d10+1 times less powerful than the competing systems. In other words, it IS still closer to rival systems than the Wii was to the PS3/360.

/thread

Your logic is undeniable.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Viper1 said:

Point is that she is factually incorrect.  And it's physically impossible to have the same power gap as before.   That would require Orbis and Durango to have about 44 TFLOPS of processing power.  Or about the same performance power as 12 HD 7970's.

More powerful?  Yes.  Same gap?  Absolutely impossible. Not even remotely close to the same gap.

This is DC to PS2 gap.   Not Wii to PS3 gap.  Anybody claiming as such either doesn't know much about the technology (excusable) or should damn well know better (inexcusable).

It's simple math, dude. The Wii U has, like, three cores. The other systems have a whopping eight. Rounded up, that means Orbis/Durango are already three times more powerful, because that's how these things work. Then you add in the fact that the Wii U has 2 GBs of RAM, while the other systems have 4 GB. That's a 2x difference. Multiply that with the 3x difference in processors, and that's already 6x the power.

BUT then the Wii U uses a full GB of RAM on the OS, so it really only has 1 GB, while the other systems utilize 3.5 GBs of RAM, so that's a 3.5x difference. Multiply that by the 6x figure from earlier, and that's already a 21x power difference. 21 times!!!1! And we haven't even gotten into the fact that non-Nintendo systems get a racial bonus vis-a-vis Nintendo systems. Looking through my D&D books, that amounts to another 3x multiplier, plus 2 d10+1.

As you can see, this means the Wii U is 63 and 2d10+1 times less powerful than the competing systems. In other words, it IS still closer to rival systems than the Wii was to the PS3/360.

I have just been shown the error of my ways.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
noname2200 said:
Viper1 said:

I have just been shown the error of my ways.

Sarcasm? My detector is pretty ineffective without the aid of emoticons...

noname2200 said:
Viper1 said:

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

There's a point of diminishing return.

Around the Network
Roma said:

trolls only die when you stop replying to them, not with troll spray as they are immune to it!

I don't get why you guys keep trying to prove that he is wrong when he obviously does not care about proof as he is even linking to people saying WiiU is like current gen when there are devs who clearly say it is more powerful! what does that tell you about the poster?

Or when mods do their job, as they do here. ;)

And I reply to him because I enjoy discussing the topic and his replies are often hilarious.

Viper1 said:
DanneSandin said:
Viper1 said:

So she ignores the fact the Wi U can also do tesselation.  Or the fact the texture size is also up to 8192 x 8192.

From Gearbox, "[On Wii U] you’re going to see textures at a resolution that you haven’t seen on [the current] generation."

Well, I don't know at all; I'm simply passing on our conversation because it didn't quite add up to me. She used all this teach talk, and I just don't have a clue what it all means. It sounded logical since I don't know a thing, and at the same time it went against everything I've been thinking about next gen. Simply put; she gave me better arguments than anyone else have managed to do here that PS720 will be leaps ahead of Wii U.

Yes, I guess that we won't see the same sort of gap since Wii U have much newer technology to the upcoming PS720, than what Wii had to PS360, but all signs are pointing to the fact that PS720 will be a whole deal more powerful. There's just nu way denying that. 2gig RAM vs 4-8?! 3 cores vs 8? Question is if 3rd party games will be able to run smoothly on Wii U this gen, or if we'll get crippled versions yet again, or if 3rd parties simply just won't bother. This is troubling even if we won't see a Wii/PS360 situation again.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Play4Fun said:

AAARRRRRRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy shit!

Mechs!

SOLD!

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
Play4Fun said:

AAARRRRRRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy shit!

Mechs!

SOLD!

And it looks to have a sword on it's side! Mech vs. Monsters!

Man, I haven't seen as big an overreaction in a thread about a trailer since I did that one on Skyward Sword. Crazy indeed...

I need moar info. Hopefully we'll get something Thursday, even if not on this game.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.