By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Monolith Soft Game - Codenamed "X" - In-game footage!

DanneSandin said:
kljesta64 said:
she appeared almost exactly the community on this site started to talk about X.

coincidence ? and why talk now ?
to much of a coincidence for someone to appear out of nowhere

You mean Tachikoma? She actually signed up sometime November,....

i know that but what was she doing all the time only 40 posts and now that we see first real Wii U footage that looks amazing someone comes out of nowhere and talks that the game isnt looking that good and thats its possible on curent gen ...no big deal and stuff textures are not that good blablabla

are we blind ? no. some of the footage of the game as you can see isnt even done yet it was thrown together simply to show that there is something in the works and it looks to good to be true and the footage is even low res..

i mean come on WTF! how can some chick if its even a chick has to talk about a game she isnt even working on..whats she doing on this site all these days does she have a couple of free days off work ? My name is Bond James Bond lol

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network
kljesta64 said:
DanneSandin said:
kljesta64 said:

i know that but what was she doing all the time only 40 posts and now that we see first real Wii U footage that looks amazing someone comes out of nowhere and talks that the game isnt looking that good and thats its possible on curent gen ...no big deal and stuff textures are not that good blablabla

are we blind ? no. some of the footage of the game as you can see isnt even done yet it was thrown together simply to show that there is something in the works and it looks to good to be true and the footage is even low res..

i mean come on WTF! how can some chick if its even a chick has to talk about a game she isnt even working on..whats she doing on this site all these days does she have a couple of free days off work ? My name is Bond James Bond lol

timmah said:
kljesta64 said:
DanneSandin said:
kljesta64 said:

hahahahahahah thanks dude this made me laugh 

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

DanneSandin said:
Viper1 said:

Crediblity as a developer = gone.

The Wii  to PS3/X360 power gap was massive.  But it was more than that.  It was an architecture gap too.  Fixed function GPU/Single core CPU vs programmable shader and mutliple cores.    That architectural gap doesn't exist this time.   And the power gap is smaller as well.  The Wii pushed just 3 GFLOPS compared to the 115 and 218 GFLOPS of the X360 and PS3 respectively.  That's a gap of 39 and 73 x the power.  The Wii U is between 400 and 600 GFLOPS.  Even if Orbis and Durango push 2 TFLOPS, that's a power gap of just 3.3 to 5 x.  And don't forget the SD to HD difference last gen...that's gone too.

You should check out our conversation there; I'm not teach savvy whatsoever, so half the time I didn't understand everything she said, but it really did sound as if PS720 will be quite the leap... As an example she also said:

When working on the Gamecube we were mostly using 128x128 or similar sized textures for objects, 256x256 for large repeating ground and structural textures and 512x512 for cinematic cuts or extremely large things such as skymaps, nothing higher, similar was true for PS2 titles.

When working on PS3 and Xbox 360 the norm was 512x512 up to 2048x2048, the latter again used for extremely large surfaces, with the WiiU development units in our partner development houses and associates, the maximum recommended size is also 2048x2048,  with most opting to use 512x512 to 1024x1024 or deriatives of this.

For the other units we are currently working with - and i promise to come back to this thread in 4 months time and be more specific when certain elements allow it, as i do not want to be the source of more posts all over the internet - the texture sizes were working with are immense, 1024x1024 to a whopping 8192x8192, each of these texture surfaces being able to also carry a range of mapping options, animations, complex shaders and lighting information.

So the relatively small jump from 720p (or usually, sub 720p) to 1080p also brings with it a much crisper overall appearance with sharper textures and much, MUCH better Anisotropic filtering, throw in the additional benefit of being able to use tesselation and you have yourself quite a full toolbox to hammer out a very beautiful game.

So she ignores the fact the Wi U can also do tesselation.  Or the fact the texture size is also up to 8192 x 8192.

From Gearbox, "[On Wii U] you’re going to see textures at a resolution that you haven’t seen on [the current] generation."

The rEVOLution is not being televised

kljesta64 said:
DanneSandin said:
kljesta64 said:

well, she wan't the ONLY one saying it looks bad compared to current gen machines ;p

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
DanneSandin said:
Viper1 said:

Crediblity as a developer = gone.

The Wii  to PS3/X360 power gap was massive.  But it was more than that.  It was an architecture gap too.  Fixed function GPU/Single core CPU vs programmable shader and mutliple cores.    That architectural gap doesn't exist this time.   And the power gap is smaller as well.  The Wii pushed just 3 GFLOPS compared to the 115 and 218 GFLOPS of the X360 and PS3 respectively.  That's a gap of 39 and 73 x the power.  The Wii U is between 400 and 600 GFLOPS.  Even if Orbis and Durango push 2 TFLOPS, that's a power gap of just 3.3 to 5 x.  And don't forget the SD to HD difference last gen...that's gone too.

You should check out our conversation there; I'm not teach savvy whatsoever, so half the time I didn't understand everything she said, but it really did sound as if PS720 will be quite the leap... As an example she also said:

When working on the Gamecube we were mostly using 128x128 or similar sized textures for objects, 256x256 for large repeating ground and structural textures and 512x512 for cinematic cuts or extremely large things such as skymaps, nothing higher, similar was true for PS2 titles.

When working on PS3 and Xbox 360 the norm was 512x512 up to 2048x2048, the latter again used for extremely large surfaces, with the WiiU development units in our partner development houses and associates, the maximum recommended size is also 2048x2048,  with most opting to use 512x512 to 1024x1024 or deriatives of this.

For the other units we are currently working with - and i promise to come back to this thread in 4 months time and be more specific when certain elements allow it, as i do not want to be the source of more posts all over the internet - the texture sizes were working with are immense, 1024x1024 to a whopping 8192x8192, each of these texture surfaces being able to also carry a range of mapping options, animations, complex shaders and lighting information.

So the relatively small jump from 720p (or usually, sub 720p) to 1080p also brings with it a much crisper overall appearance with sharper textures and much, MUCH better Anisotropic filtering, throw in the additional benefit of being able to use tesselation and you have yourself quite a full toolbox to hammer out a very beautiful game.

So she ignores the fact the Wi U can also do tesselation.  Or the fact the texture size is also up to 8192 x 8192.

From Gearbox, "[On Wii U] you’re going to see textures at a resolution that you haven’t seen on [the current] generation."

Well, I don't know at all; I'm simply passing on our conversation because it didn't quite add up to me. She used all this teach talk, and I just don't have a clue what it all means. It sounded logical since I don't know a thing, and at the same time it went against everything I've been thinking about next gen. Simply put; she gave me better arguments than anyone else have managed to do here that PS720 will be leaps ahead of Wii U.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M69rPbLb1fg&list=UUfAPTv1LgeEWevG8X_6PUOQ&index=3

They breakdown the video, good stuff,i hope online co-op is true!!! Whos teaming up wit me!?

Play4Fun said:

AAARRRRRRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need a Wii U and this game 

DanneSandin said:
Viper1 said:

Well, I don't know at all; I'm simply passing on our conversation because it didn't quite add up to me. She used all this teach talk, and I just don't have a clue what it all means. It sounded logical since I don't know a thing, and at the same time it went against everything I've been thinking about next gen. Simply put; she gave me better arguments than anyone else have managed to do here that PS720 will be leaps ahead of Wii U.

Point is that she is factually incorrect.  And it's physically impossible to have the same power gap as before.   That would require Orbis and Durango to have about 44 TFLOPS of processing power.  Or about the same performance power as 12 HD 7970's.

More powerful?  Yes.  Same gap?  Absolutely impossible. Not even remotely close to the same gap.

This is DC to PS2 gap.   Not Wii to PS3 gap.  Anybody claiming as such either doesn't know much about the technology (excusable) or should damn well know better (inexcusable).

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:

Point is that she is factually incorrect.  And it's physically impossible to have the same power gap as before.   That would require Orbis and Durango to have about 44 TFLOPS of processing power.  Or about the same performance power as 12 HD 7970's.

More powerful?  Yes.  Same gap?  Absolutely impossible. Not even remotely close to the same gap.

This is DC to PS2 gap.   Not Wii to PS3 gap.  Anybody claiming as such either doesn't know much about the technology (excusable) or should damn well know better (inexcusable).

It's simple math, dude. The Wii U has, like, three cores. The other systems have a whopping eight. Rounded up, that means Orbis/Durango are already three times more powerful, because that's how these things work. Then you add in the fact that the Wii U has 2 GBs of RAM, while the other systems have 4 GB. That's a 2x difference. Multiply that with the 3x difference in processors, and that's already 6x the power.

BUT then the Wii U uses a full GB of RAM on the OS, so it really only has 1 GB, while the other systems utilize 3.5 GBs of RAM, so that's a 3.5x difference. Multiply that by the 6x figure from earlier, and that's already a 21x power difference. 21 times!!!1! And we haven't even gotten into the fact that non-Nintendo systems get a racial bonus vis-a-vis Nintendo systems. Looking through my D&D books, that amounts to another 3x multiplier, plus 2 d10+1.

As you can see, this means the Wii U is 63 and 2d10+1 times less powerful than the competing systems. In other words, it IS still closer to rival systems than the Wii was to the PS3/360.