By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Monolith Soft Game - Codenamed "X" - In-game footage!

DanneSandin said:
F0X said:
DanneSandin said:
ninjablade said:

i always maintained that the game has potentail but its early and we don't even have proper HD pics or footage, anybody claiming this past currentgen is just pure bias.

I don't think I quite understood that last part...?

I assume he think this game could run just as well on 360/PS3. He may be right, as X derives much of its beauty through the magic of art design (and certain graphical smoke and mirrors present in many of the best-looking 3D games). We'll need a later build to see how it stacks up to the likes of GTA V, so I agree with ninjablade here. We can ponder about how it compares to other games on other platforms, but we shouldn't draw any conclusions about this game or Wii U as a platform. Yet.

Yeah, I agree with everyting you said. It's quite an early build, and will improve a great deal before it's released. But I feel that ninja has already drawn conclusions about the capability of the Wii U...

To Ninjablade (in weird his mind) the Wii U is just two N64 tapped together...jeeez what a los...!!!

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
Wyrdness said:
Wait he came back? Lol, even after saying he's done twice and a ban.

Looks like it's time for me to restock on Troll-Away. I'll get extra for everyone else.

I guess that works...I haven't seen him for a while.  How much is it?

oni-link said:
DanneSandin said:
F0X said:
DanneSandin said:
ninjablade said:

i always maintained that the game has potentail but its early and we don't even have proper HD pics or footage, anybody claiming this past currentgen is just pure bias.

I assume he think this game could run just as well on 360/PS3. He may be right, as X derives much of its beauty through the magic of art design (and certain graphical smoke and mirrors present in many of the best-looking 3D games). We'll need a later build to see how it stacks up to the likes of GTA V, so I agree with ninjablade here. We can ponder about how it compares to other games on other platforms, but we shouldn't draw any conclusions about this game or Wii U as a platform. Yet.

Yeah, I agree with everyting you said. It's quite an early build, and will improve a great deal before it's released. But I feel that ninja has already drawn conclusions about the capability of the Wii U...

To Ninjablade (in weird his mind) the Wii U is just two N64 tapped together...jeeez what a los...!!!

yea me saying wiiu being on par with ps3/360 means two N64 duct tapped together, vigil, tecmo and metro last light are also biased, along with beyond3d.

Viper1 said:
I'm in the media, I've spoken to developers, they say it's mote powerful than the PS3/X360.

I'm also a self certified tech geek and I build computers for fun and I've studied computer science and based on the known details, it's more powerful than the X360/PS3.

Why is still even getting debated? Why are some of you intentionally so negative? Why do some of you non-Nintendo fans spend more time in the Nintendo boards than ay other section on this forum? If all you can do is be negative, post with the intent to irritate and frustrate and divert a good discussion onto an irrelevant tangent, take it somewhere else.

I'm gonna quote Tachikoma from my thread "Why PS4 won't be cutting edge, and neither will Xbox3", because I think she provides quite interesting points, and since you're always reasonable I thought I'd ask you what you think:

Upon release of both, yes the WiiU will be positioned much less powerful than the others, in more or less the same power-gap seen by the Wii.

Yes i have seen XenoGame but it's really not that technically impressive, from a developers perspecive, the overall look is fine in small screenshots and videos, but on the big screen it's on par with (at best) a PS3/360 game, and at worst, on part with a poor ps3/360 game, the textures we use for each console are based on the recommended values given in the SDK, we can use higher providing we are willing to make sacrifices elsewhere to make room in memory, but in general no - i seriously doubt xeno uses anything over 1024x1024, theyre in all probability overlaying one 1024x1024 texture with another containing alpha to break up the repitition of the texture, or using a detail texture for terra maps that is 2048x512 superimposed under the terrain map which will be made up of several 1024x1024 textures painted in to give the effect of a diverse and detailed land map.

Of course if you throw in some 2d foliage sprites you break up the repition even more.

But generally, no, i watched the XenoGame trailer and I can say, hand on heart, that if that's the champion of the WiiU graphics department, when the competitiors release later this year the WiiU will be undoubtably in the same power gap placement as the Wii has been this generation.

What do all of you guys think about this? She's apparently a developer and isn't too impressed with this trailer. Does she have a point in what she says? I'm not teach savvy, so I can't argue any one of her points.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

ninjablade said:
oni-link said:
DanneSandin said:
F0X said:
DanneSandin said:
ninjablade said:

yea me saying wiiu being on par with ps3/360 means two N64 duct tapped together, vigil, tecmo and metro last light are also biased, along with beyond3d.

Not so much biased as not the most knowledgeable when it comes to the hardware. If they can't even make a game that's among the Wii U's most impessive, it's hard to hold their opinion above those who clearly understand the hardware better.

Around the Network
F0X said:
Areym said:
F0X said:
Areym said:
Very Very cool looking, but does not warrant a Wii U purchase. Nevertheless, i'll keep my eye on this one.

I don't think a single game could warrant the purchase of any console. That being said, the reveal of this game alone propelled me from "I kinda want it sometime within this next year possibly" to "I must have it".

Because while Xenoblade is fantastic, there are tons of awesome ways to improve upon it for a sequel. And such a sequel would be doubly fantastic.

Not true. I pre-ordered my copy of Xenoblade months in advanced and officially bought it months before i got my used black Wii. I haven't beaten the game yet. I'm ashamed to say that I havent gone pass 10 hours. I just need to switch my Wii to my room because my brother hogs the PS3 in the living room. 

But yeh, The reviews and praise were so good and I was starving for a good JRPG. Then I got gamefly and it took an unfortunate seat back.

Very well then. I believe that X is on the path to either matching or surpassing Xenoblade in quality, but the price of a Wii U is certainly much steeper than a used Wii. For someone who loved the heck out of Xenoblade, I can't imagine missing out on a new entry. Even so, I would't spend $350 just to play one game. I can think of maybe three Wii U games coming out this year that I may end up getting first.

I hear ya. I'm waiting on a big pokemon game for the Wii U, but not some minigame, dungeon or stadium bullcrap. I want a real pokemon adventure on a home console. As for my 3rd game to warrant a buy for a Wii U, I'm not sure. Maybe an exclusive Final Fantasy or resident evil although I see that very unlikely. Or the never-happening official sequel to Super Mario RPG: Legend of the seven stars or at the very least, something Geno related.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

trolls only die when you stop replying to them, not with troll spray as they are immune to it!

I don't get why you guys keep trying to prove that he is wrong when he obviously does not care about proof as he is even linking to people saying WiiU is like current gen when there are devs who clearly say it is more powerful! what does that tell you about the poster?

I can't wait for this game and for my copy of Xenoblad to arrive!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

pezus said:

This thread:

Why the fuck is it over 500 posts?

Game looks very impressive. People keep replying to a WUM. Fairly simple.

Its clearly a very, very good looking game.

pezus said:

This thread:

Pointless graphic warz is to blame here.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

pezus said:

This thread:

Because it's the successor of the best JRPG in the last 5 years?