By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ps4 controller to include LCD touchscreen, biometric sensors?

happydolphin said:
N-Magic said:
its not New News. Sony only Copy Paste Nintendo

Wanna cut that out?

Cut and Paste removes the original, Copy Paste duplicates it. Are you implying Sony should destroy Wii U production?

Around the Network
wfz said:

Cut and Paste removes the original, Copy Paste duplicates it. Are you implying Sony should destroy Wii U production?

Haha, yeah if they do it right it might be a Cut & Paste :)

biometric reader would be a cool feature and at worse a harmless addition.
I suspect all next gen controllers will have a touch screen of some sort but probably nothing like WiiU's.
Something small and easily reachable by thumb. Good for maps, inventory or view mirror, or giving each player some individual info (for poker for example). Again, good and harmless addition as long as it doesn't take up too much space.

I want just a plain old Dual Shock 4, so BS this time around like with the rumble-free SixAxis. Dual Shock is the best controller ever made, period.

I'm pretty sure at this point Sony has already known what controller they will be using

Around the Network

I hope not, I'm not a fan of touch screen gaming in general, it would ruin the PlayStation for me.

Gamerace said:
biometric reader would be a cool feature and at worse a harmless addition.
I suspect all next gen controllers will have a touch screen of some sort but probably nothing like WiiU's.
Something small and easily reachable by thumb. Good for maps, inventory or view mirror, or giving each player some individual info (for poker for example). Again, good and harmless addition as long as it doesn't take up too much space.

Bingo, this man has the right idea

at least I hope this is how it will end up :D add the vita D-Pad and we are good to go

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

lol I was so late at posting this

you miss a lot when you go to sleep.

but lol Sony can't resist doing what Nintendoes but this thing will aether be really expensive or sold at a huge loss as it is more powerful than WiiU and has a touch screen on top of that

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

If Biometrics can read people's blood pressure then I think many are in for a surprise...!

Sony would have decided long ago if they wanted a second controller to be a main focus or not. They would defiantly want launch games to show it off. Biometrics are cheap and could be ditched/tacked on last minute.

What I'm more interested in is if they will go with a break apart controller and have a vita in a cradle optional controller for second screen gaming. At the same time though, a screen in the controller rules out SR glasses.