By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ps4 controller to include LCD touchscreen, biometric sensors?

osed125 said:
Screamapillar said:
Sony is all about catering to the hardcore. I don't see this rumor aligning with that philosophy very much.

It could be true for a peripheral, not necessarily the default controller. 

Yeah but if it's merely a peripheral that means very few-- if any-- people will purchase it seperately, which leads to low developer support and eventually obsolescence.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Around the Network
Ssliasil said:

I love this except for the screen.  It's not a real aspect ratio because the left and right borders of the screen are cut off with plastic protruding in from the face buttons.  It needs to be a true square shape to be plausible.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Ssliasil said:

The OLED screen doesn't make any sense. And I doubt Multi-Touch would be very useful on something that small.

Galaki said:
As a Sony enthusiast, I call bullshit on this rumour since Sony wouldn't want to be caught dead copying Nintendo WiiU remote.
Many of my peers here said so, too.

I know - Sony copying the innovation of another company? That's just not going to happen. I mean, not counting shoulder buttons, analog sticks, rumble, motion control, and handheld touch control, Sony has never followed in Nintendo's footsteps in terms of hardware.

Note that I'm not criticising Sony for any of those instances. It's how the gaming industry progresses - by having innovations adopted by the competition. Sony's EyeToy is what gave birth to Kinect, too. And Microsoft's online undoubtedly significantly influenced Sony's. MS were also the first to have storage built into the gaming system (Xbox hard drive) rather than using memory cards.

The point of this post is to emphasise that there's every reason to expect Sony and MS to at least consider implementing controls similar to those of the Wii U, or to seek out alternatives.

*Breaking news!!!* I got a sneak peek on Sony's next controller!!! C'mon you gotta admit this shit is funny!!!

Around the Network
oni-link said:

*Breaking news!!!* I got a sneak peek on Sony's next controller!!! C'mon you gotta admit this shit is funny!!!

it looks like something a baby would suck on you know that little thingy

maybe it will give you an extra boost of something depending on how much you suck?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
oni-link said:

it looks like something a baby would suck on you know that little thingy

maybe it will give you an extra boost of something depending on how much you suck?

Oh I see some interesting games in Japan on the horizon.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Hmmm I don't like the sounds of this....

LOL

oni-link said:

HELL YES ! that shit is FUNNY! .. until it actually happens! LOL