By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VIII lovers, who wants a remake?

Tagged games:

Remake?

Yep 73 76.84%

Nop 22 23.16%

Total:95
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@happydolphin, i imagine that could still happen and i would think it would take a full funding by either nintendo , sony or microsoft for that too happen. i am getting the ff10 hd when it ever comes out as well, i loved ff10 ( beat it over 10 times already ). ff8 i beat that game at least once a year since it came out, i own 20 figurines,10 wall scrolls,wallets,signed copies of the game and everything i can get of its genius.

I honestly can't wait for that FFX remake.

Around the Network

@happydolphin, i also want a ff10-2 hd as well, i really liked that game as well. since it completed the tidus and yuna story.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

happydolphin said:

Well, it's no lie that Final Fantasy VIII had a big challenge ahead of it back in 1999. In the wake of one of the most critically acclaimed and best-received games of all time (FFVII), Square had a huge undertaking on their hands. To the surprise of many of us, Square decided to steer the series in a more realistic scene, with character proportions and costumes more in line with what we would see in movies. The vision was grand, and the result was gorgeous, but for anything but CGI cutscenes and pre-rendered backgrounds, the visuals made use of our powerful imaginations much more than one should expect of a gamer.

The worlds were endearing and everything about the game made me love it, but now, 14 years later, the game looks very outdated. The textures are not smooth and the textures are smudged.

The loading times I dread even putting the game in for fear of reverting to it.

So, who's down for a remake?

I'll pass, I want SE to put all there focus into a new FF that is in the vein of those middle era games, but I don't think remakes are necessary....been there done it and with modern emulators load times aren't as bad and proper filter makes the games look alright.

-- Nothing is nicer than seeing your PS3 on an HDTV through an HDMI cable for the first time.

I'm thinking, if they remake FFX, it would be a waste not to also enhance X-2, since a lot of the work would already be done, I think.

@Kaneada. Did you have to quote op? :(

Naaa, that story was already told and millions enjoyed it

Around the Network

FFVI and VII take priority for me, but why not, eh?

VI in 3D like the III & IV remakes would be fantastic and a remake of VII with a bit of modern polish, a few extra additions and incorporation of some Easter eggs (from Crisis core, Advent Children & Dirge) could do wonders for the game.

VIII on the other hand, on PC, already looks nice enough. It could do with more detailed models, higher res textures, and some modern effects but other than looking pretty, I'm not sure what else could be done. The games biggest flaw was that the Junction system made the game too easy and I don't see how they can improve that in a remake as it's a fundamental aspect of the game. Having said that, I have fond memories of the game so if SE were willing then why not?

happydolphin said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
No, I don't want a remake. I want a new game that will make me love Final Fantasy again.

What makes you think one comes at the expense of the other. Like I've been sayin', remakes have been part of SE's workload since FFVII.

Well, if a remake truly wouldn't come at the expense of a new game, then sure, I'd be down for a remake. VI, VII, and IX should get remakes too.

Well if they did do a remake I would choose Final Fantasy X oh wait..........

Yes... that is all.

Assuming that they didn't mess with the game mechanics I would get it in a heartbeat. Too bad Square-Enix is busy forcing lightning on us. I would rather they remake the PS1 Final Fantasy games.