By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kotaku Rumor: MH4 is Vita bound

ethomaz said:
Flanneryaug said:
I don't think this rumor is accurate. It doesn't make financial sense to release it on the Vita right now, when it only has sold around one million units, compared to the 3DS's 10 million. If they do port it to it, it will probably just be a straight 3DS port with barely any graphical improvements. I don't think this will help the Vita much though, since its not an exclusive, so most people will get the 3DS version.

It makes financial sense... a port selling 400-500k units is money in the Capcom's hands.

lol what? It will never sell 500.000 with an install base of a little more than 1.000.000.

I don't think this will ever happen. But if it does, it will do nothing. Everyone will buy it on 3DS.

Around the Network

i hope. it sure would help.

ethomaz said:
Flanneryaug said:
I don't think this rumor is accurate. It doesn't make financial sense to release it on the Vita right now, when it only has sold around one million units, compared to the 3DS's 10 million. If they do port it to it, it will probably just be a straight 3DS port with barely any graphical improvements. I don't think this will help the Vita much though, since its not an exclusive, so most people will get the 3DS version.

It makes financial sense... a port selling 400-500k units is money in the Capcom's hands.

Agreed, it makes sense.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

There is no benefit for Capcom here, they aren't going to sell more copies overall in Japan only less on 3DS

Nem said:

Theres no logical reason for Capcom to do that, except if they want to clean their hands of secondary guilt for the Vita's flop.

money hatting

Around the Network
teigaga said:
Nem said:

Theres no logical reason for Capcom to do that, except if they want to clean their hands of secondary guilt for the Vita's flop.

money hatting

Sony isnt supposed to have money.

Honestly I wouldn't blame Sony if they money hatted for it. Monster Hunter is a damn beast and it would move Vitas.

Maybe a straight port with no improvement whatsoever...

Chandler said:

So that's why Sony sold their NY HQ. To moneyhat Capcom :D

That was... perfection.

OT: Why would Capcom do this? They are a smart game company aren't they? I've never seen them make mistakes before.

Nintendo almost certainly wouldn't allow it, so no.

However, a MHP4 game (oe) will likely me making an appearance on this system at some point, but surely not for over a year yet!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.