By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kotaku Rumor: MH4 is Vita bound

Nem said:
teigaga said:
Nem said:

Theres no logical reason for Capcom to do that, except if they want to clean their hands of secondary guilt for the Vita's flop.

money hatting

Sony isnt supposed to have money.

Yet they continue to found titles for both the Vita, Ps3 and are about to launch a new system in the next 16months, with its own exclusives. They clearly have enough to invest in projects, they just must have realised that 3rd party titles might make for better investments in regards to the Vita than most 1st party titles/franchises. If this rumour turns out to be true it'll definitely turn a profit for sony in the long run, boosting the systems profile in Japan 3x fold (even if it is multiplatform) and thus promoting japanses game development which will benefit even western owners (provided they like japanese games). I still have hope for FF-type 0 in the west!

Around the Network

If this is true it won't help as much because it's not an exclusive game. Besides there probably won't be any improvements on the Vita version, so gamers won't buy a Vita to play the exact game they can play on the 3DS (which they probably already own or can buy cheaper than the Vita). Overall this might help a little but not by much imo.

Nintendo and PC gamer

This would be really good for the Vita. Dont expect huge numbers for it if it comes out late though. If it came out side by side with the 3DS then that would be a different story. Either way that is really good news if this turns out to be true. "IF"

teigaga said:
Nem said:
teigaga said:
Nem said:

Theres no logical reason for Capcom to do that, except if they want to clean their hands of secondary guilt for the Vita's flop.

money hatting

Yet they continue to found titles for both the Vita, Ps3 and are about to launch a new system in the next 16months, with its own exclusives. They clearly have enough to invest in projects, they just must have realised that 3rd party titles might make for better investments in regards to the Vita than most 1st party titles/franchises. If this rumour turns out to be true it'll definitely turn a profit for sony in the long run, boosting the systems profile in Japan 3x fold (even if it is multiplatform) and thus promoting japanses game development which will benefit even western owners (provided they like japanese games). I still have hope for FF-type 0 in the west!

Ok, i guess i have to get literal with you.

They have money to keep their current operations and for now to keep paying their debts. That doesnt mean they have money to squander (wich is why they cant afford a drastic price cut on the Vita).

Remember, for every loan that Sony takes to pay their operations and pay their old debt they have to pay an even greater interest.

When they no longer have the financial means to finance their current operations is when they bankrupt. Hopefully by next year the PS4 is out, and the PS3 keeps churning money for them and they can turn it around.

Also, if this rumor is true, it might be enough to save the Vita if its an upgraded version from the 3DS. If its just multi-platform, then i dont think it will make a huge difference.

Nem said:

Yeah, I heard they hate money

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
kowenicki said:
Seems unlikely.

But it would make zero different outside of Japan. The problems of the Vita arent only due to no monster hunter,

Well if the rumor is true (big if), that removes one big problem, im sure if MH can land on the vita, other 3rd parties will be more comfortable releasing their big titles for it, something I outlined last year and was mocked by.

If it doesn't sell then I don't see a reason as to why the would bring their games over. 3DS (as we all know) is already getting this game. It's also sure to get the bulk of sales for it too.

Nem said:
teigaga said:
Nem said:
teigaga said:
Nem said:

money hatting

Ok, i guess i have to get literal with you.

They have money to keep their current operations and for now to keep paying their debts. That doesnt mean they have money to squander (wich is why they cant afford a drastic price cut on the Vita).

Remember, for every loan that Sony takes to pay their operations and pay their old debt they have to pay an even greater interest.

When they no longer have the financial means to finance their current operations is when they bankrupt. Hopefully by next year the PS4 is out, and the PS3 keeps churning money for them and they can turn it around.

Also, if this rumor is true, it might be enough to save the Vita if its an upgraded version from the 3DS. If its just multi-platform, then i dont think it will make a huge difference.

Just a question, what has sony's current financial situation stopped it from doing in the last say oh 12 months?

Kenology said:
Kotaku click bait and y'all are falling head over heels for it.

Let's say MH4 does make it over to Vita. It won't mean much UNLESS it's exclusive. If it's on 3DS too, then Vita won't gain any ground.

You could say the same thing about COD  and 360, but in reality, COD helps ms move more hardware than Sony or ninty. Exclusives are not the only games that affect hardware sales. I expect a lot of psp owners to upgrade to a psvita if a MH game is released, port or not.

Also, psvita has a greta attach ratio with some popular games. Gravity Rush managed to move 100k months ago with a much smaller install base.

It's really unlikely, Gamelabo's rumor section is infamously wrong. I'm just going to post some previous rumors to illustrate my point though.

- A Virtual Boy 2 is under development. And it's not going to be a standalone, but rather as a peripheral to the Wii. It will be released around the end of this year
http://nintendoeverything.com/33410/rumor-game-labo-says-virtual-boy-2-to-be-a-wii-peripheral-more/

- Gamelabo is reporting that Square Enix is working on a PSP version of Dragon Quest IX.
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/10/16/rumor-dragon-quest-coming-to-psp/

- Nintendo releasing Wii external hard drive
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/160189/best-rumour-of-2007-so-far-wii-external-hard-drive/?skip=yes

Train wreck said:

Just a question, what has sony's current financial situation stopped it from doing in the last say oh 12 months?

psvita price cut?