By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kotaku Rumor: MH4 is Vita bound

Chandler said:

The business sense part people use around here is wrong. People who want to play this game either have 3DS by now or would get one when it's time. If the PSV gets a port then the sales numbers will be higher than the actual benefit is because those who don't have either device will probably get a PSV but they would have gotten the game either way, on the 3DS. Capcom is not interested in selling one handheld or the other for either company and all sales they would truly get from the additional workload with this move are some drive-by ho-hum might-as-well-cause-its-there sales from PSV owners.

What Capcom would do on the other hand is dividing it's user base on 2 devices because there is no way in hell Nintendo would allow crossplay to a Sony device. Capcom would also backstab those people who already jumped ship from the PSP in anticipation of an exclusive 3DS MH game. It also doesn't make sense from an investment standpoint (see NPV).

The only possible explanation I see is that Capcom decided to push the game back because it simply wasn't finished and decided to use the time to prepare a PSV port but I'm not sure if I wanted to piss off Nintendo for future portabe projects if I were Capcom. I'm pretty sure Nintendo treats Capcom like a VIP right now, making it as comfy as possible(CPP, publishing in the west, providing servers etc.) and those perks will be gone.

This would be the only reason I think Capcom would withhold a port.  They may want a unified experience instead of a divided one, which in turn could generate more revenue in the long run.

Around the Network

How is MH4 on 3DS? I searched it up and the name in general doesn't exist. I know MH3 Ultimate is on 3DS & Wii U. So how is MH4 on 3DS when its not? Now i am confused

Hawkeyejonjon said:
How is MH4 on 3DS? I searched it up and the name in general doesn't exist. I know MH3 Ultimate is on 3DS & Wii U. So how is MH4 on 3DS when its not? Now i am confused

This would be quite surprising to me because Christian said it was still 3ds exclusive weeks ago. Why would that suddenly change now?

I wouldn't say it won't ever happen because exclusives are generally timed but I can't see it happening day and date. Why would he lie?

One more thing to complete my year = senran kagura localization =D

chriscox1121 said:
Hawkeyejonjon said:

Nevermind i found it anyways finally. stupid google.  I can't watch the video so how is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate MH4?

Around the Network
Hawkeyejonjon said:
chriscox1121 said:
Hawkeyejonjon said:

Nevermind i found it anyways finally. stupid google.  I can't watch the video so how is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate MH4?

it's not, it's a completely separate game.  It releases subsequently after MH3 Ultimate, that probably why they delayed it so they could have more breathing room between the two titles.

Couple of thoughts:
- I'll call it bogus. An announcement of a MH for PSV is the best thing people can expect this year.
- MH4P will come to PSV some day, when it releases it could very easily move 200k units on launch week, FW will depend on install base. If it releases next year, PSV without pricecut, will probably have a 1.5~1.8m install base, a 500k FW isn't out of the quesiton, crawling to 700k LT, not bad for PSV. But this is based on to many if(s), then, I could be very wrong.
- MH alone did not saved PSP, it proved that the system could sell SW, and a bunch of devs constantly released games for it. PSV is struggling to have a decent install base, which is quite insignificant compared to the competitor, it has some devs on board, but I'd say that there will be less devs releasing games for the system.

Why shouldn't Capcom do it? PSP gamers bought millions copies of MH games and it's very likely that once PSV user base will reach a minimum number that Capcom consider safe, a MH title will sell nicely to them too. OTOH it's still unknown whether MH sales on 3DS can beat tose on Sony platforms, the only title released on it up until now sold nicely, but it didn't break any record. Long story short: unless Sony discontinue PSV, Capcom best choice is to support both portables. Haters gonna hate, (money)hatters gonna (money)hat and Capcom gonna swim in money.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

This, and MH Freedom 3 would save the Vita in Japan.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Kotaku is citing a magazine that has ran rumors like Dragon Quest IX coming to PSP and Virtual Boy accessorie coming to Wii.

Faaaaaaaaaaake.

Nintendo has both Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter on lockdown IMO.

Look for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on Wii U in Japan for December 2013 in 1080p resolution.