By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kotaku Rumor: MH4 is Vita bound

I guess it just depends on if you trust Christian Svensson over a magazine with a dedicated rumors section and a horrible track record for the aforementioned section. His language is very precise, there really isn't any room for ambiguity in his post.

Around the Network
Hymnos said:
I guess it just depends on if you trust Christian Svensson over a magazine with a dedicated rumors section and a horrible track record for the aforementioned section. His language is very precise, there really isn't any room for ambiguity in his post.

he did say "at the moment" and I believe capcom's constant turn when dealing with Nintendo and its horrible earnings after the semi-debacle that is RE6.

You're creating ambiguity by quoting him in a disingenuous manner. The issue of GAMELABO was published on 01/16/13, his post reads "There are no plans at the moment beyond platforms that have been announced" on 01/18/13. We can gather from this that the GAMELABO rumor is false, because Sven's post is clearly referring to any point in time before he submitted his reply earlier today. This means that the only platform MH4 is planned for as of 01/18/13 is the 3DS, which has been publicly announced before the date of Sven's reply. Of course, feel free to continue speculating as Sven mentioned in his statement though.

Now the "at the moment" in Sven's reply is the catalyst for hope now. Hilarious!

Hymnos said:

So what, the Vita's still screwed in Japan for the time being?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:
Hymnos said:

So what, the Vita's still screwed in Japan for the time being?

at the moment

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Train wreck said:
I just though about it, Famitsu is supposedly going to have another game exclusive showing this week, it'd be funny if it was MH vita.

don't get your hopes up

CCFanboy said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Why shouldn't Capcom do it?

Because from everything we have gathered to this point, nintendo have it as an exclusive. At least a timed one. Probably they want to do it but nintendo got there first. Business is business.

Actually this doesn't deny my reasoning, I wrote IMHO Capcom will wait for PSV user base to be large enough to release the game on it. And it's quite clear that 3DS user base is already large enough, so Capcom can concede Ninty a timed exclusive without having to modify its plans and can stil maximise the profits of the game. But it could also happen that 3DS receive a true exclusive (or even more than one), both 3DS and PSV receive one or more multiplats or ports and finally PSV receive an exclusive title too only if it will show the series sales on it will be large enough. What's for sure is that Capcom won't babysit either Ninty's or Sony's creatures, they'll have to stand on their own two feet and Capcom will only try and profit on them, helping them only if a return on the investment is almost guaranteed. BTW Capcom already tested 3DS market with a port, it's quite likely it will do the same with PSV before giving it a bigger support. Finally, amongst gaming platforms of the present time or recent past, only PSV and Android still miss a MH title, so the record says Capcom tries to sell it on as many platforms as possible. Heck, if this year console and portable markets will be weak overall, we could even see other PC versions. Not to mention Steam Box, if it will become less vapour and more solid.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Roma said:
Train wreck said:
Roma said:
why waist development costs on Vita when they can get all the fans on 3DS and earn more?

The same reason why 3rd parties wasted development costs on the wii for the games that sold magnitudes more on thePS360, same reason Ubisoft releases just dance for multiple systems even though the Wii sells more?

well the Wii is cheaper to develop for while it is more expensive to develop for the Vita than 3DS

so In Wiis case you go down not up with development costs so they can still make good profit even if games didn't sell as much. the user base of the Vita is just to tiny

The Vita is much cheaper to develop for then the 3DS. Heck I'll find you a quote saying it's better than iOS if you care. Your reasoning comes from the fact Vita games usually are way more "AAA" which doesn't really factor in with ports.

That said, no. Vita is not getting MH4. Capcom would love to make it (free money) but they already have an exclusivity deal with Nintendo.

JoeTheBro said:
Roma said:
Train wreck said:
Roma said:
why waist development costs on Vita when they can get all the fans on 3DS and earn more?

The same reason why 3rd parties wasted development costs on the wii for the games that sold magnitudes more on thePS360, same reason Ubisoft releases just dance for multiple systems even though the Wii sells more?

well the Wii is cheaper to develop for while it is more expensive to develop for the Vita than 3DS

so In Wiis case you go down not up with development costs so they can still make good profit even if games didn't sell as much. the user base of the Vita is just to tiny

The Vita is much cheaper to develop for then the 3DS. Heck I'll find you a quote saying it's better than iOS if you care. Your reasoning comes from the fact Vita games usually are way more "AAA" which doesn't really factor in with ports.

That said, no. Vita is not getting MH4. Capcom would love to make it (free money) but they already have an exclusivity deal with Nintendo.

I find that hard do believe but sure find me that quote

to bad the "more AAA" games don't sell the system

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(