Forums - Sony Discussion - Kotaku Rumor: MH4 is Vita bound

WagnerPaiva said:
Euphoria14 said:
Train wreck said:
007BondAgent said:
Flanneryaug said:
I don't think this rumor is accurate. It doesn't make financial sense to release it on the Vita right now, when it only has sold around one million units, compared to the 3DS's 10 million. If they do port it to it, it will probably just be a straight 3DS port with barely any graphical improvements. I don't think this will help the Vita much though, since its not an exclusive, so most people will get the 3DS version.

By that logic, square enix shouldn't release final fantasy on the xbox, because it doesn't sell well

exactly! People on this site can be such hypocrites, its a cringe to be on here sometimes.

Welcome to the world of gamers, where arguments change on the fly when it suits the agenda.

Gamers have an agenda? I thought we were just nerds having fun in an internet forum, you know, gaming, having fun... 

....and yet your post 2 minutes before this one said that US gamers have an agenda of "hating sony".

Never seen a contradiction come that quick.  Well played... a new record.

I'm not really here!

Around the Network
Roma said:
pezus said:
Roma said:
why waist development costs on Vita when they can get all the fans on 3DS and earn more?

Why would anyone port PS3/360/720/PS4 games to WiiU? Same answer

but the WiiU is new so it has the potential to be huge while the Vita is a handheld that has been out for more than a year and is selling pretty bad

why do you mention 720/PS4 when they are not even out yet?

Fortunatly for Capcom thats not how business works. Capcom will develop for anyone that puts the most money on the table, not out of some loyalty sentiment for another company.

Turkish said:
Roma said:
pezus said:
Roma said:
why waist development costs on Vita when they can get all the fans on 3DS and earn more?

but the WiiU is new so it has the potential to be huge while the Vita is a handheld that has been out for more than a year and is selling pretty bad

Fortunatly for Capcom thats not how business works. Capcom will develop for anyone that puts the most money on the table, not out of some loyalty sentiment for another company.

sure if they give me that billion they sold the building for, even I would port MH4 for them

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I'm doubtful ...

Nintendo went to the effort to "get" Monster Hunter 3 for the Wii and 3DS, there is little reason to favour the PS-Vita over another platform on sales so Sony would (probably) have to pay for the title, and I'm doubtful that Sony's management would start money-hatting games with their current financial position.

Roma said:
Turkish said:
Roma said:
pezus said:
Roma said:

sure if they give me that billion they sold the building for, even I would port MH4 for them

I doubt not even Nintendo paid that much money for MH on 3DS.

Around the Network

I think MH4 will be a timed exclusive, its a matter of time when a "Best" version come out on the vita.

But I think is unlikely MH4 will release simultaneously on 3ds and Vita.

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

HappySqurriel said:
I'm doubtful ...

Nintendo went to the effort to "get" Monster Hunter 3 for the Wii and 3DS, there is little reason to favour the PS-Vita over another platform on sales so Sony would (probably) have to pay for the title, and I'm doubtful that Sony's management would start money-hatting games with their current financial position.

I think money is the biggest little reason someone can give a company.  And Kaz has constantly said that gaming is back on their focus, why would they not money hat?

Roma said:

Monster Hunter a billion dollars? LOL nice joke...I hope you are joking...

But honestly its a Kotaku Rumor....I wouldnt bet on it.

Basil's YouTube Channel

Mh4 will stay 3ds exclusive. But surely down the way we can imagine a mh4g hit vita.

Won't be the first time crapcom betray nintendo.

But we must first concentrate ourselves on the way to entertain people, for video games to live. Else, it's a world where sales representative will win, which has as effect to kill creativity. I want to say to the creators all around the world:"Courage, Dare!". Shigeru Miyamoto.

Yeah, wouldn't bet on this.

If Sony moneyhatted Capcom for a Vita version, Nintendo would just moneyhat them even harder to keep it exclusive to 3DS. Both sides know how important this game is.

I suppose if it does come to Vita, those Nintendo fans who said that Nintendo never moneyhat anything can be happy in knowing they were right.

If it came true though, good. Even though people say there's no point/money to be made in a Vita version, I think you're all underestimating Monster Hunter. Yes, it wouldn't sell anywhere close to what the 3DS version would sell. But it would shift a lot of Vitas and it would easily be the highest selling Vita game in Japan.  Wouldn't be surprised if it sold at least a million.  I'm sure there would be plenty of money to be had from it then.