By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which nextgen home console will sell the most in 2014?

Serious_frusting said:
Depends what they launch with, but deffo by 2015 at the latest

So a console headed for Gamecube territory sales could sell more than Ps4 and nextbox, im starting to realize hd fans dont have as much confidence in those plats as it seemed.

Around the Network

What is the point of this thread again? How could anyone give an unbiased response when we have nearly zero details regarding future MS and Sony consoles?

Oh right, shitty fanboy wars.

TruckOSaurus said:
phenom08 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Of course you should care 'cause I'm right. As for a prediction, I can't really make one since I know nothing about 2 of the 3 contenders.

Ok lol, lets play your game then. So if there is no Zelda or Smash before 2015 and no 3d Mario this year, then what will ninty release this holiday and next year?

Pikmin 3, Luigi's Mansion 2, Wii Fit U, a Mario Kart, a Donkey Kong Country, maybe a Kirby game could be out for this holidays. 3D Mario and a Metroid game for the next holiday.

What makes this list anymore plausible than his? If anything the WiiU would sell more with your line up. Just ask Mario Kart.

phenom08 said:
Mnementh said:
phenom08 said:

P.S. I cant wait to necro this thread lol. So much crow will be served.

Maybe even you will taste some.

To the question: I have no idea.

Lol, didnt you agree the WiiU selling like 40-45mil? If so then i dont see how you can tell me the others cant outsell a plat heading for N64 territory.

I was predicting before launch the WiiU should do at least 50 million. The better 3rd-party-support than the Wii made me hopeful. But after a good launch the sales seem to dwindle. Yes, the second week are no final numbers so far and so on. But the error will not be changing the outcome completely. So I'm not convinced of the current momentum. I'm sure Nintendo will do something if sales keep staying low, that might include games, pricecut or whatever. But as long as I don't know what they will do, I'm not sure what to predict for 2014. Also I have no idea what Sony and Microsoft will bring us, so I can't predict the competition either. Pretty hard to say anything at the moment.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

phenom08 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Pikmin 3, Luigi's Mansion 2, Wii Fit U, a Mario Kart, a Donkey Kong Country, maybe a Kirby game could be out for this holidays. 3D Mario and a Metroid game for the next holiday.

What makes this list anymore plausible than his? If anything the WiiU would sell more with your line up. Just ask Mario Kart.

Development times for Mario Kart, DKC, Kirby, Wii Fit are much shorter than those for Zelda, Smash or a 3D Mario. I never said the Wii U wouldn't sell well in 2014, I just said the games he was banking on weren't likely to release when he thought they would.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Wii U should be able to with the right games and the right strategy. I see PS4 and NexBox being close with PS4 making a slight upturn in sales like it is doing right now.

TheKoreanGuy said:
What is the point of this thread again? How could anyone give an unbiased response when we have nearly zero details regarding future MS and Sony consoles?

Oh right, shitty fanboy wars.

No what im revealing is how little confidence people have in the WiiU selling so little by daring them to say the other next gen plats will do better. Remember the WiiU is so called heading for "GamecubeN64 territory" sales, how can two plats that have a "reliable market" not do better in 2014? Unless the truth is you dont expect the others to do any better and is only jumping on the WiiU doom wagon. Here ill break it down further for you, if WiiU sells in those territory its pretty safe to say it will finish last, so the others will finish ahead of it, why wouldnt they sell more in 2014 since they will be "true next gen" according to some. I just want to see how confident some of you guys are in the WiiU selling so poorly and its beginning to show they arent confident, they just want the WiiU to fail.

This thread is crazy. How the hell are we supposed to know the state of the market in 2014? The PS4 and 720 haven't even been announced!

If I must make a prediction, then it must be in line with the absurdity of the thread. That being said, I predict all three manufacturers to drop out of the market to go bankrupt. Microsoft and Sony will go to other ventures, while Nintendo goes back to the Playing Card business. Apple's going to own the market with their new console, called the iConsole.

PS4 is going 2 dominate!

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

phenom08 said:
Serious_frusting said:
Depends what they launch with, but deffo by 2015 at the latest

So a console headed for Gamecube territory sales could sell more than Ps4 and nextbox, im starting to realize hd fans dont have as much confidence in those plats as it seemed.

Your putting words into my mouth. We dont even know what the 720 or ps4 are going to be like. For all we know they could be Wii-U clones (I dont think they will be). 

If the Wii does win 2014 that will be more because of M$ Sony having a slow start than the Wii-U exploding in sales. If the PS4 is going to be what many of us think it will be, i pick that to be the winner of 2014.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st