By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which nextgen home console will sell the most in 2014?

PS4 because VersusXIII will be a launch title for it

Around the Network
phenom08 said:

No what im revealing is how little confidence people have in the WiiU selling so little by daring them to say the other next gen plats will do better. Remember the WiiU is so called heading for "GamecubeN64 territory" sales, how can two plats that have a "reliable market" not do better in 2014? Unless the truth is you dont expect the others to do any better and is only jumping on the WiiU doom wagon. Here ill break it down further for you, if WiiU sells in those territory its pretty safe to say it will finish last, so the others will finish ahead of it, why wouldnt they sell more in 2014 since they will be "true next gen" according to some. I just want to see how confident some of you guys are in the WiiU selling so poorly and its beginning to show they arent confident, they just want the WiiU to fail.

Current sales for the Wii U aren't good. If the Wii U doesn't improve (which it may), then Nintendo will slip into GamecubeN64 territory. This is a fair statement based on the current situation.

But I'm not sure what's the point of this thread. If the Wii U does do poorly, that doesn't mean the PS4 and 720 will have to outsell it. All three consoles could sell poorly; how does that invalidate the fact that there needs to be a change for the Wii U to not slip into GamecubeN64 territory?

Moreover, any predictions on the PS4 and 720 at this point are simply guesses. It's impossible to have confidence in them at the moment. And I don't see how lacking confidence in the PS4/720 proves that Wii U assertions are somehow unreasonable.

I'm not sure what your point is here.

Xbox 720, Sony has lost too much brand recognition this gen, that and free online are all that sold the ps3.

SangheliZealotX said:
Xbox 720, Sony has lost too much brand recognition this gen, that and free online are all that sold the ps3.

Free Online is not the only thing that sold the PS3. 

I'm sure we'll see a Sony comeback with their new console. (As long as it isn't over 450$...)

Jay520 said:
phenom08 said:

No what im revealing is how little confidence people have in the WiiU selling so little by daring them to say the other next gen plats will do better. Remember the WiiU is so called heading for "GamecubeN64 territory" sales, how can two plats that have a "reliable market" not do better in 2014? Unless the truth is you dont expect the others to do any better and is only jumping on the WiiU doom wagon. Here ill break it down further for you, if WiiU sells in those territory its pretty safe to say it will finish last, so the others will finish ahead of it, why wouldnt they sell more in 2014 since they will be "true next gen" according to some. I just want to see how confident some of you guys are in the WiiU selling so poorly and its beginning to show they arent confident, they just want the WiiU to fail.

Current sales for the Wii U aren't good. If the Wii U doesn't improve (which it may), then Nintendo will slip into GamecubeN64 territory. This is a fair statement based on the current situation.

But I'm not sure what's the point of this thread. If the Wii U does do poorly, that doesn't mean the PS4 and 720 will have to outsell it. All three consoles could sell poorly; how does that invalidate the fact that there needs to be a change for the Wii U to not slip into GamecubeN64 territory?

Moreover, any predictions on the PS4 and 720 at this point are simply guesses. It's impossible to have confidence in them at the moment. And I don't see how lacking confidence in the PS4/720 proves that Wii U assertions are somehow unreasonable.

I'm not sure what your point is here.

Well Jay, you should think alittle harder then, what you just said doesnt quite add up. First and foremost that other thread doesnt really have the final confirmed(posted on site)numbers, so you are saying its doing poorly with no proof lol. So then its not a valid statement then. For the last bit, the WiiU slipping into those territories wouldnt mean anything if they all sell poorly, because they all would slip into those territories. Also all of this is a guess lol, not just Ps4 and 720. People are willing to guess for a plat that has been on the market for less than two months, which we have no clue has coming in the future, why not those?

Around the Network

PS4 if it is priced equal or lower to 720.

phenom08 said:

1. First and foremost that other thread doesnt really have the final confirmed(posted on site)numbers, so you are saying its doing poorly with no proof lol. So then its not a valid statement then.

2. For the last bit, the WiiU slipping into those territories wouldnt mean anything if they all sell poorly, because they all would slip into those territories.

3. Also all of this is a guess lol, not just Ps4 and 720. People are willing to guess for a plat that has been on the market for less than two months, which we have no clue has coming in the future, why not those?

1. VGChartz numbers are never 100% accurate. But they give a rough estimate. Based on that, Wii U sales aren't good.

2. We have no info on how the PS4/720 will sell. There's at least some data when talking about the Wii U. But even if all of them sold poorly, it would still be worth talking about. 

3. You don't need to guess to know that the Wii U needs to improve its sales. The PS4 & 720 don't have any sales to improve, so there's a big difference.

Also the point is, just like you guys dont know what they(ps4/nextbox) will have, you dont know what WiiU will have, yet the predictions keep coming and everyone seems to be afraid to predict for them. If anything the WiiU spells doom for them, since it cant even sell super well with a price tag that will most likely be 100 bucks lower than theirs. Im not talking to you Jay, you arent one of the posters claiming 40mil for WiiU.

Jay520 said:
phenom08 said:

1. First and foremost that other thread doesnt really have the final confirmed(posted on site)numbers, so you are saying its doing poorly with no proof lol. So then its not a valid statement then.

2. For the last bit, the WiiU slipping into those territories wouldnt mean anything if they all sell poorly, because they all would slip into those territories.

3. Also all of this is a guess lol, not just Ps4 and 720. People are willing to guess for a plat that has been on the market for less than two months, which we have no clue has coming in the future, why not those?

1. VGChartz numbers are never 100% accurate. But they give a rough estimate. Based on that, Wii U sales aren't good.

2. If all of them sold poorly, it would still be worth talking about. Regardless though, we have no info on how the PS4/720 will sell.

3. You don't need to guess to know that the Wii U needs to improve its sales.

Why dont you just leave my thread, if you are too afraid to guess? But lets have some fun shall we. For all of what you just said, according to what is the WiiU doing poorly? Thats your biggest flaw here, you have no proof. According to vgc its tracking better than 360 and Ps3, so now i ask you, whats your proof? Is it this weeks figures which havent been posted? Those numbers may not even be final lol, its only monday.

OUYA