By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - A fair comparison to the WII U Launch

bdbdbd said:

ninjablade said:

sorry i don't get your observation, when i ask you why did a system have a bad launch sales, i can tell you why each one of those systems did, but the wii u  launched with a killer app and plenty of stock, you reason why it had a bad launch cause it a start to a new generation, which makes no sense IMO, did ps2, wii and 360 have bad sales for there launch, yes they did but reason very simple there was no stock and basically proven by systems like the xbox and gamecube doing better sales and not anywhere near as populer.

Well, 360 would be the valid comparison, as the situation with Wii U is similar; the premium being sold out, if Iwata is to believe. This isn't the case Europe however, but as the comparison was NA sales...

Conegamer said:

That's not the point. I'm just saying how far we've come in that time and how different the world is. The very concept of smartphones probably wasn't even around!

Yeah, with the first smartphones being in the market in mid-90's.

360 was sold out for months completely, it was selling on ebay for double the price. we know for a fact in december wii u had plentiful of stock with both premium and basics.

Around the Network

Ugh, who broke the thread...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

@Ninjablade: I'd recall 360 core being widly available. But if it's not the case, and you have better knowledge on this one, the NVM.

@Conegamer: I did. I guess I deleted one line break too many on the html editor.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

I blame the Wii U for this thread.

@bdbdbd yes i can confirm to you the 360 was completely sold out, it was a huge mistake for microsoft to launch with the such a huge shortage in us.

Around the Network

Man, I feel kinda sad for the Wii U, I mean I was never a big fan of the original Wii, but still....

What's happening anyway?
Is the entire video game industry really shrinking that badly?

osed125 said:
ninjablade said:
osed125 said:
ninjablade said:
osed125 said:

Doom thread number 6, although I probably miss a couple.

This is not a doom thread, just giving a fair comparison for the misinformed.

So you choose the 2 consoles that have sold really low on gaming history just for coincidence? We all know the intentions of this thread, so you don't have to hide it.

I show you 2 consoles that actually had some supply at the us launch, ps3 problem was obiouvsly it's price.

You don't need to hide your intentions, they are obvious. It's the same as Nintendo fans making threads about the Vita, the gaming community sometimes makes me sick.

the whole forum makes me sick. at least bring some productive thread. it is the same shit everyday.

KeptoKnight said:
osed125 said:
ninjablade said:
osed125 said:
ninjablade said:
osed125 said:

So you choose the 2 consoles that have sold really low on gaming history just for coincidence? We all know the intentions of this thread, so you don't have to hide it.

I show you 2 consoles that actually had some supply at the us launch, ps3 problem was obiouvsly it's price.

You don't need to hide your intentions, they are obvious. It's the same as Nintendo fans making threads about the Vita, the gaming community sometimes makes me sick.

the whole forum makes me sick. at least bring some productive thread. it is the same shit everyday.

were comparing launches with real numbers, maybe you should join a nintendo forum, you might be happier.

ninjablade said:
KeptoKnight said:
osed125 said:
ninjablade said:
osed125 said:
ninjablade said:
osed125 said:

were comparing launches with real numbers, maybe you should join a nintendo forum, you might be happier.

doesn't matter which side.

These things take time... By the end of 2017, I seriously doubt the Wii U will have had any trouble out-selling lifetime sales of Xbox or GCN. It'll probably be at 50-55 million globally at least.

Launch numbers are just that. Launch numbers.  It doesn't factor in whether there is strong --or weak-- software support, how much strong software the console ends up getting throughout it's five or six years on the market, when price drops hit, how much it's bundled, and how well it sells during the holidays. 

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.