By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - A fair comparison to the WII U Launch

I see people comparing the WII U launch to ps2, wii, 360 and ps3, three of those systems were sold out for months, ps3 was kinda of in supply constraint but was just too expensive for the general public to spend on a system, now lets look at the gamecube and xbox launches numbers, now we know nintendo was gearing up  for a huge launch but there just isn't  any demand for the wii u.

November 2001
Xbox: 711,619
Gamecube: 647,466

December 2001
Xbox: 690,817
Gamecube: 558,200

So the Life-to-date totals, all of them covering very close to the same number of days, are:
Xbox: 1.4 million
Gamecube: 1.2 million
Wii U: 885k

Around the Network

I stand corrected. The GameCube is outselling the Wii U... (Are these US numbers or something?)

Are those WW or US or??? Because WW the WiiU is closer to 2.4m.

Doom thread number 6, although I probably miss a couple.

Nintendo and PC gamer

NintendoPie said:
I stand corrected. The GameCube is outselling the Wii U... (Are these US numbers or something?)

Yes its US and we all know if the orginal wii wasn't sold out it would have did easily over 2.5 million for both november and december for its launch in the US.

Around the Network
osed125 said:

This is not a doom thread, just giving a fair comparison for the misinformed.

RolStoppable said:
superchunk said:

Obviously USA.

It's time to stop lying to yourself, superchunk. The Wii U hasn't sold well. Hug your console, if that makes it better.

oh... so all these doom threads are based off of one country. Nice. Well, US is all that matters I guess.

ninjablade said:
osed125 said:

So you choose the 2 consoles that have sold really low on gaming history just for coincidence? We all know the intentions of this thread, so you don't have to hide it.

Nintendo and PC gamer

superchunk said:
RolStoppable said:
superchunk said:

Obviously USA.

It's time to stop lying to yourself, superchunk. The Wii U hasn't sold well. Hug your console, if that makes it better.

oh... so all these doom threads are based off of one country. Nice. Well, US is all that matters I guess.

europe and usa is what matter's to be honest, and the wii u is doing much worst in europe.

osed125 said:
ninjablade said:
osed125 said:

So you choose the 2 consoles that have sold really low on gaming history just for coincidence? We all know the intentions of this thread, so you don't have to hide it.

I show you 2 consoles that actually had some supply at the us launch, ps3 problem was obiouvsly it's price, you actually think  ps2, 360 and wii could'nt out sell the gamecube and xbox at launch if they had stock.