By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo mainly sells through mass bundling and price cuts

Tagged games:

Correct?

Yes 24 48.00%

Undeniably. 12 24.00%

Sure 4 8.00%

Faultless 10 20.00%

Total:50
walsufnir said:
Wander_ said:
Barozi said:
Wander_ said:
crissindahouse said:

@wander

would be nice if you would use the tools to show how much the sales of halo games increased when they got the bundles you posted. i wonder if all those bundles together sold even 1m or more like 500k.

i dont care if Halo get's bundled or not. I just get pissed off when i see Gran Turismo and  Uncharted get raped for getting bundled after they made a huge profit.

GT5 alone probably made sony 500m$ not counting DLC.

nice guessing but wrong.

If sold at full price, Sony gets about $300m
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2010/02/anatomy-of-a-60-dollar-video-game.html

Price drop was in October 2011: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/05/gran-turismo-5-officially-getting-update-dlc-and-a-price-drop/

Another price cut for the XL edition in 2012: http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-xl-edition-gets-price-reduction-now-19-99/

Total: ~$260m

Even with  DLC it won't touch $500m.

if thats true than Sony made a $200m profit off of only one game plus the DLC's are still going strong.............You forgot to add GT5P so that makes it at a $300m profit even more AWESOME.

so you get your post *easily* adjusted down by about a half? wow, that really is AWESOME!
btw, you said "GT5 alone" not barozi.

That doesn't even include the $60m development costs and the marketing budget which adds a few $10.000.000s as well.

So ~$160m profits for Sony from GT5 (without DLC and Prologue).

Around the Network
Wander_ said:
sales2099 said:

No its all good. I take issue with people saying Uncharted and GT is good but Halo and Forza is frowned upon.

There's a diffrence between GT $ uncharted, They all are massive franchises they SELL!! millions first week and they get bundled when they make a profit like Halo, but forza flops everytime the only thing saving it is the BUNDLES.

So selling 2-3m without bundling everytime since Forza 2 is flopping ?

The only games of the halo series he states was mass bundled was Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST which I don't even remember ODST being bundled and Halo 3 wasn't massively bundled either, It was bundled but not like Forza or something like that.

Barozi said:
walsufnir said:

so you get your post *easily* adjusted down by about a half? wow, that really is AWESOME!

That doesn't even include the $60m development costs and the marketing budget which adds a few $10.000.000s as well.

How much did Microsoft spend developing Halo 4 considering it is the most expensive Micrsoft game ever made how much did they spend on marketing it $40M ??

At the end they made the same profit Sony made with GT5 or maybe less.

Wander_ said:
Barozi said:
walsufnir said:

How much did Microsoft spend developing Halo 4 considering it is the most expensive Micrsoft game ever made how much did they spend on marketing it $40M ??

Oh cmon now that statement is based on nothing and you know it.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Wander_ said:
sales2099 said:
Wander_ said:
sales2099 said:
lol sensitive much?

Bundles account for a minority of each Halos sales. Most of these were limited in production, only the Reach bundle was mass made during the 2011 holidays and even that only added 1 million digital sales, which vgchartz doesnt count.

its ok for Halo to get a launch bundle but not ok for Uncharted, Gran Turismo?

No its all good. I take issue with people saying Uncharted and GT is good but Halo and Forza is frowned upon.

There's a diffrence between GT $ uncharted, They all are massive franchises they SELL!! millions first week and they get bundled when they make a profit like Halo, but forza flops everytime the only thing saving it is the BUNDLES.

I wouldn't call Uncharted a massive franchise but hey to each their own. And Forza flops? LOL people show their ignorance everyday it seems. 

Wander_ said:
crissindahouse said:

@wander

would be nice if you would use the tools to show how much the sales of halo games increased when they got the bundles you posted. i wonder if all those bundles together sold even 1m or more like 500k.

i dont care if Halo get's bundled or not. I just get pissed off when i see Gran Turismo and  Uncharted get raped for getting bundled after they made a huge profit.

GT5 alone probably made sony 500m$ not counting DLC.

I don't think people would bring it up much if Sony fans weren't always crapping on MS bundles.

You can't have discussion about Forza without bundling being mentioned by Sony fans.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

man-bear-pig said:
This is one of the worst threads I've ever seen.

I've seen worse 

Wander_ said:

but you still realize this thread was about halo and bundling and not about the profit of gt?

i'm retiring from this thread i'll make a comeback if something interesting happens.