By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo mainly sells through mass bundling and price cuts

Tagged games:

Correct?

Yes 24 48.00%

Undeniably. 12 24.00%

Sure 4 8.00%

Faultless 10 20.00%

Total:50

Thats not enough evidence to prove your claim. Show me numbers. Halo sold a lot of copies. If you got sales data that shows it ONLY sold well in bundles, show me. Put the numbers up. Vgchartz should have stats showing x360 selling millions of units on the month halo dropped. I would say a good third of the sales is bundled. Maybe even almost half. But most?

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
sales2099 said:

You haven't proven the Halo bundles length of availability, manufacturing scope, and territorial availability. Prove that the bundles were ALL global and mass produced and I will say your thread has some kind of relevance.....which isn't gonna happen.

I am using common sense.....using a 10 year old remake against a full release (with major marketing) like Halo 3, Reach, or especially 4......is one of the most idiotic anti-Halo arguments I have ever heard.

Someone already posted masses of bundle images, problem with retailers mass bundles is they remove them when eventually stop, but here are a few for Halo 4.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-360-250gb-with-forza-essentials-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-and-halo-4-188504?pageSize=20&categoryIdentifier=10471
http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/38496372/702427839/Xbox-360-S-Console-Bundle-With-250GB-HDD-Halo-4-Matte-Black/ListingDetails.html?searchstring=halo+4&searchtype=&searchsource=2&searchfilters=s{halo+4}%2bc{362}%2b&urlrefer=search
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Halo-4-Xbox-360/dp/B0054OGIRQ/ref=br_lf_m_1000685363_1_5_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=361790987&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000685363&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1E1K175JKK7GQ9C30B62 (read the header)

My name is not SOMEONE my name is Wander!!

and btw since when do we talk about retailer bundles which all good games get? i thought it was always only about official bundles, at least i never read from people (except i believe dirtyp) who used retailer bundles to talk about sales of games.

zavvi as example had bundled like every game released the last months when i checked in november or something.

Halo still sells 3-4M easily though without the bundles within the first week or two.

Yeah, it reaches 10M+ with them, but that goes for just about any game.

Still a very strong franchise.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Wander_ said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wander_ said:

Yeah but Nintendo fans don't brag about it and compare it to other consoles exclusives

LOL Have you seen Nintendo's E3's all gen? They were the most boring because all they were talking about were figures. If you want to talk about bundling whores Nintendo have been the worst offenders for a long, long, time. The only E3 I believe Nintendo actually won was 2010 because they actually impressed people with tons of games. Luckily Nintendo changed for the better with their E3 presentations because Microsoft didnt change for anyone with predictable presenations for four years straight.

Excuse me im gonna have some alone time with my Nintendo folks, And i thought they were the good guys.

Just joking

When you do that take these bundles with you...lol

Around the Network

To Sales2099:

Why did you waste your time to argue with those people for this stupid tread? Vgchartz already became more and more sony biased. You have no chance to win.

KylieDog said:
crissindahouse said:

and btw since when do we talk about retailer bundles which all good games get? i thought it was always only about official bundles, at least i never read from people (except i believe dirtyp) who used retailer bundles to talk about sales of games.

You think pretty much every retailer bundling a specific game has no effect on sales?

no, i just think that bundles every retailer creates for himself is different to bundles sold worldwide or on a continent in almost every gameshop.

i mean, we coukld do that but this affects every game and then we have to make a thread saying "every game is selling good only because of bundling"

we could do that but that doesn't sound so great for the gaming branch^^

Euphoria14 said:
Halo still sells 3-4M easily though without the bundles within the first week or two.

this. /thread

@wander

would be nice if you would use the tools to show how much the sales of halo games increased when they got the bundles you posted. i wonder if all those bundles together sold even 1m or more like 500k.

Your logic is so flawed, you can't compare a remake in sales with a mainline game. Remakes always sell less you can look it up in the database. This is just another jalous halo-hatethread with no real evidence. You only say what you want to hear. Every major sony/nint/msft exclusive gets bundled but they still sell really well. It's not because you show alot of pictures of bundles this isn't true. Do some real research instead of making such a joke thread and annoying people with your flawed and biased conclusions