By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo mainly sells through mass bundling and price cuts

Tagged games:

Correct?

Yes 24 48.00%

Undeniably. 12 24.00%

Sure 4 8.00%

Faultless 10 20.00%

Total:50
Wander_ said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Wander_ said:
Barozi said:
walsufnir said:

so you get your post *easily* adjusted down by about a half? wow, that really is AWESOME!
btw, you said "GT5 alone" not barozi.

That doesn't even include the $60m development costs and the marketing budget which adds a few $10.000.000s as well.

So ~$160m profits for Sony from GT5 (without DLC and Prologue).

How much did Microsoft spend developing Halo 4 considering it is the most expensive Micrsoft game ever made how much did they spend on marketing it $40M ??

At the end they made the same profit Sony made with GT5 or maybe less.

Isn't GT5 the most expensive game Sony made? I'm sure they also gotta pay licensing fees, because without those their game wouldn't sell shit.

You should also consider Halo 4 sold more units at full price. Its also a reason millions of people pay for Xbox LIve.

I'm making a comeback just to tell you that GT5 sold 2.3m FIRST WEEK!! and 5.5+ in under 3 months at full price and on its launch week it boosted the ps3 sales to 750k. Its also a reason millions of people signed up for PSN to download DLC's. Now i am serously out for good don't try to bring me back to this thread agian.

Haha! That's still significantly less impressive than what Halo 4 has done.

You also can't prove millions of people signed up for PSN to download DLC. Nor does that compare to millions of people paying for Gold Live subscriptions and downloading Halo DLC.

Halo Reach was also more successful than Gran Turismo 5. Halo is a beast and Sony has no IP as successful. Don't bother comparing.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Its amazing that a game that has "Charts" in the name would never, ever be utilized by the posters to back up statements.

Very funny, OP. Why not do an analysis on launch sales vs. sales during price drops and the like? Is that too much to ask for? An actual discussion instead of fanboy/trolling posts?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

But i have thought only sony bundles there games.Strange that other comopanys do that too.

Ive seen a LOT of ridiculous threads on VGchartz in my years here.

And this may be one of the worst Ive ever seen. There is litteraly nothing right about the OP.

Surprised this isn't locked as it seems to be trolling but hey whatever.

Halo 4 has only sold 7m without any help but hey ok. Oh wait it had a limited edition halo 4 bundle that was $400. hmmmm.

This thread is ridiculous. listen. Halo, Forza, Uncharted, Gran Turismo, and whetever other game you want to throw in their has deserved the sells they have gotten. Why? Because they are prime examples of the best games this generation. So please shutup about bundles. All 1st party games get bundles eventually. Halo 4 hasnt yet but yes it will get bundled eventually and I welcome that.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
mrstickball said:
Its amazing that a game that has "Charts" in the name would never, ever be utilized by the posters to back up statements.

Very funny, OP. Why not do an analysis on launch sales vs. sales during price drops and the like? Is that too much to ask for? An actual discussion instead of fanboy/trolling posts?

I used sales data in the OP, perhaps you should spend more time reading instead of flaming people.

You should have also used mine :).

Might get a XBOX360 + Halo 4 bundle, since I heard that Halo 4 is nearly as good as 2 is... and then get Crackdown, ... and maybe some of these exclusive RPGs I am missing on... (and Idolm@ster 1... ;P)

This thread is not doing anyone any good.

I am locking it now.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger