By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo mainly sells through mass bundling and price cuts

Tagged games:

Correct?

Yes 24 48.00%

Undeniably. 12 24.00%

Sure 4 8.00%

Faultless 10 20.00%

Total:50

ok that means you realized it now

Around the Network
Wander_ said:
Barozi said:
walsufnir said:

so you get your post *easily* adjusted down by about a half? wow, that really is AWESOME!
btw, you said "GT5 alone" not barozi.

That doesn't even include the $60m development costs and the marketing budget which adds a few $10.000.000s as well.

So ~$160m profits for Sony from GT5 (without DLC and Prologue).

How much did Microsoft spend developing Halo 4 considering it is the most expensive Micrsoft game ever made how much did they spend on marketing it $40M ??

At the end they made the same profit Sony made with GT5 or maybe less.

Isn't GT5 the most expensive game Sony made? I'm sure they also gotta pay licensing fees, because without those their game wouldn't sell shit.

You should also consider Halo 4 sold more units at full price. Its also a reason millions of people pay for Xbox LIve.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Halo 4 first five week sales 3.8 million
Xbox 360 sales that week 357K

I would not define that as a game that sells great thx to bundles :).

Even better the Halo Reach bundles for an example are not counted on Vgchartz..

People, just rest this tread in peace. I really think this forum need more strict rules about the type of treads.

Mr Puggsly said:
Wander_ said:
Barozi said:
walsufnir said:

so you get your post *easily* adjusted down by about a half? wow, that really is AWESOME!

That doesn't even include the $60m development costs and the marketing budget which adds a few $10.000.000s as well.

How much did Microsoft spend developing Halo 4 considering it is the most expensive Micrsoft game ever made how much did they spend on marketing it $40M ??

Isn't GT5 the most expensive game Sony made? I'm sure they also gotta pay licensing fees, because without those their game wouldn't sell shit.

You should also consider Halo 4 sold more units at full price. Its also a reason millions of people pay for Xbox LIve.

I'm making a comeback just to tell you that GT5 sold 2.3m FIRST WEEK!! and 5.5+ in under 3 months at full price and on its launch week it boosted the ps3 sales to 750k. Its also a reason millions of people signed up for PSN to download DLC's. Now i am serously out for good don't try to bring me back to this thread agian.

Around the Network
Wander_ said:
sales2099 said:
Wander_ said:
sales2099 said:
lol sensitive much?

Bundles account for a minority of each Halos sales. Most of these were limited in production, only the Reach bundle was mass made during the 2011 holidays and even that only added 1 million digital sales, which vgchartz doesnt count.

its ok for Halo to get a launch bundle but not ok for Uncharted, Gran Turismo?

No its all good. I take issue with people saying Uncharted and GT is good but Halo and Forza is frowned upon.

There's a diffrence between GT $ uncharted, They all are massive franchises they SELL!! millions first week and they get bundled when they make a profit like Halo, but forza flops everytime the only thing saving it is the BUNDLES.

Forza flops everytime?

The Forza series genrally performs better than most of Sony's IPs. For example, Forza Horizon has sold better than any Sony release of 2012.

If you wanna talk flops... well Sony has a few stories from 2012.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

pfff...

This tread is about Halo. And someone came here to talk about GT. Weird.....

Wander_ said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Wander_ said:
Barozi said:
walsufnir said:

I'm making a comeback just to tell you that GT5 sold 2.3m FIRST WEEK!! and 5.5+ in under 3 months at full price and on its launch week it boosted the ps3 sales to 750k. Its also a reason millions of people signed up for PSN to download DLC's. Now i am serously out for good don't try to bring me back to this thread agian.

Because of my post? You would do me a favour if you would not come back to vgchartz aswell.  You sound like a frustrated kid if you ask me =p.  Do some zen meditation ^^'..

Wander_ said:
Barozi said:
walsufnir said:

Oh likely just as much, maybe even a tad more (since MS is huge on advertising games).

GT5 and Halo 4 will likely cancel each other out.

The problem is that Polyphony needs so much time to release a new game. They said that GT6 will need much less time than GT5, but so far we heard nothing. It could've already been out during the 2012 holidays and definitely SHOULD be out in 2013 (either for PS3 or a PS4 launch game).

People, stop talking about GT in this tread. Don't bring Wander back.