By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo mainly sells through mass bundling and price cuts

Tagged games:

Correct?

Yes 24 48.00%

Undeniably. 12 24.00%

Sure 4 8.00%

Faultless 10 20.00%

Total:50
sales2099 said:

You haven't proven the Halo bundles length of availability, manufacturing scope, and territorial availability. Prove that the bundles were ALL global and mass produced and I will say your thread has some kind of relevance.....which isn't gonna happen.

I am using common sense.....using a 10 year old remake against a full release (with major marketing) like Halo 3, Reach, or especially 4......is one of the most idiotic anti-Halo arguments I have ever heard.

You haven't proven the Gran Turismo bundles length of availability, manufacturing scope, and territorial availability. Prove that the bundles were ALL global and mass produced and I will say your thread has some kind of relevance.....which isn't gonna happen.

Around the Network
Wander_ said:
sales2099 said:

You haven't proven the Halo bundles length of availability, manufacturing scope, and territorial availability. Prove that the bundles were ALL global and mass produced and I will say your thread has some kind of relevance.....which isn't gonna happen.

I am using common sense.....using a 10 year old remake against a full release (with major marketing) like Halo 3, Reach, or especially 4......is one of the most idiotic anti-Halo arguments I have ever heard.

You haven't proven the Gran Turismo bundles length of availability, manufacturing scope, and territorial availability. Prove that the bundles were ALL global and mass produced and I will say your thread has some kind of relevance.....which isn't gonna happen.

Your sidelineing this again. I am pro bundle lol. Even I see that majority of GT5s sales were standalone.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Someones a little sore over the ps3 software sales last year.....

Quick, make a distraction thread so people don't notice!!!!

Is this a parody thread?

Signature goes here!

sales2099 said:
Wander_ said:
sales2099 said:

Your sidelineing this again. I am pro bundle lol. Even I see that majority of GT5s sales were standalone.

Finally!!!! you caved

Around the Network
Wander_ said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nintendo does the same thing with Mario. If Mario wasnt bundled with Nintendo consoles it probably wouldn't have turned into the hit that it is today.

Yeah but Nintendo fans don't brag about it and compare it to other consoles exclusives

LOL Have you seen Nintendo's E3's all gen? They were the most boring because all they were talking about were figures. If you want to talk about bundling whores Nintendo have been the worst offenders for a long, long, time. The only E3 I believe Nintendo actually won was 2010 because they actually impressed people with tons of games. Luckily Nintendo changed for the better with their E3 presentations because Microsoft didnt change for anyone with predictable presenations for three years straight. They just didnt give a shit. Anyway, A good 80% of their sales comes from real demand and 20% from incremental bundles over time.

Who cares, even with mass bundling it's still very popular and makes great sales.

Nobody likes these threads.

pezus said:
crissindahouse said:
pezus said:
^That's a lot of bundles

sure, that's also a lot of different games and there are even bundles of only games  without console (only someone who really want halo buys a halo game bundle right?) and bundles vgchartz didn't count, that's very funny^^

Hey, I see people doing the same for GT and UC. The number of different bundles doesn't matter really, it's the quantity - that is, how much of the bundles is produced.

sure, but first of all you were the one who mentioned all these bundles which isn't that much if it comes down to every single game and more important, it matters how many bundles a game has because more bundles increase the possibility for people to choose such a bundle intead of a bundle with other games. also important is the price of a bundle, halo 4 bundle was damn expensive, only halo fans would buy that. not only that, bundles are often only available for a timespan, if one game got one bundle available for some weeks and another game got 50 bundles (not that there is one) to 50 different times and with that the game was bundled 200 weeks overall, it should be also clear that a game with more bundles profits more of that on average.

but why don't people who use bundles as example look at the release of every single bundle and post the increasing sales then?

i would love if the guy who posted all the bundles would do that, i'm sure he won't find a big increase of halo sales compared to the weeks before which means those bundes didn't really increase the sales a lot.

that's why i agreed with ethomaz when we talked about the gt bundles, the last bundle didn't really increase the sales a lot in europe which means it's not worth to talk about.

but it's another story with games like forza, infamous, lbp or whatever. forza also sells god without bundle even if some call it such a flop (then almost every game would be a flop) but it clearly sells a lot with bundles.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wander_ said:

Yeah but Nintendo fans don't brag about it and compare it to other consoles exclusives

LOL Have you seen Nintendo's E3's all gen? They were the most boring because all they were talking about were figures. If you want to talk about bundling whores Nintendo have been the worst offenders for a long, long, time. The only E3 I believe Nintendo actually won was 2010 because they actually impressed people with tons of games. Luckily Nintendo changed for the better with their E3 presentations because Microsoft didnt change for anyone with predictable presenations for four years straight.

Excuse me im gonna have some alone time with my Nintendo folks, And i thought they were the good guys.

Just joking

KylieDog said:
crissindahouse said:
KylieDog said:
sales2099 said:

Bundles account for a minority of each Halos sales. Most of these were limited in production, only the Reach bundle was mass made during the 2011 holidays and even that only added 1 million digital sales, which vgchartz doesnt count.

I just proved using HCEA bundles are a majority.  Sorry but you got no evidence to prove otherwise.

you got the evidence if you just look at first week sales of as example halo 4 and the whole console sales of xbox in that release week compared to the weeks before.  pretty simple, even someone who is 10 years old should be able to see that.

Some of those first week sales are bundles and supermarkets in UK did launch offers getting the game for almost 75% of normal price, day 1.  I thought my OP made it clear the majority of sales are bundles and price cuts, HALO CEA proves Halo is ok for a few million on its own, just not the huge numbers.

no it didn't make it clear. you only use flawed logic comparing as example a remake to show that other games only sell so much because of bundles and price reductions. that alone is a joke. economics would laugh hard reading that.