By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Wii U to dominate & PS4 to fall behind - Jan. 2013

Kaizar said:
The PS4 sells have dropped below 3DS for each week sells.
The Wii U is selling more each week.

To soon to judge with all this new info.

But the 3DS will have the best lifetime sells of any & all current Gen systems.

failure revive, fails to mention that even with new game Wii U is still outsold by PS4. 3DS barely qualifies as this gen, because it came out in 2011. And 3DS has already peaked.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Kaizar said:

failure revive, fails to mention that even with new game Wii U is still outsold by PS4. 3DS barely qualifies as this gen, because it came out in 2011. And 3DS has already peaked.

The 3DS already outsells the PS4 each week. So if the 3DS has peaked, then so has the PS4.

Besides, I'm surprise no one locked this thread by now, for whatever BS reason to not lock a Thread like this.

Kaizar said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Kaizar said:

The 3DS already outsells the PS4 each week. So if the 3DS has peaked, then so has the PS4.

Besides, I'm surprise no one locked this thread by now, for whatever BS reason to not lock a Thread like this.

sorry it took so long I had computer trouble

This is the performance of the PS4 vs 3DS. Notice, how the PS4 doesn't start till the end of 2013, cause you know thats when it started to exist on the retail market.

Now, pay attention to how the curve makes sharp climbs and then dies down for most of the rest of the year. This is because console sales are hypebolic, mostly selling in the holiday season period.

Notice the Holiday season of 2011 where 3DS was at its highest sales its ever been so far. This is known as a Maximum or a Peak. Every cycle has a low point and a high point, but one cycle has the highest point.

The PS4 has not had neither a full nor fully stocked holiday season, evident by the fact that the momentary dipped in December, which was also the only month where the PS4 lost the NPD to the Xbox One. Notice also that dip is the lowest point of the PS4 chart reached thus far, so its definetly an issue of supply.

In other words, the 3DS has peaked because it one has been out long enough and two has not outsold its highest point thus far. If you align the PS4 and 3DS life to date you also notice an intresting phenomena. The PS4 selling on average higher than the 3DS at the same time.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Kaizar said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Kaizar said:

This is the performance of the PS4 vs 3DS. Notice, how the PS4 doesn't start till the end of 2013, cause you know thats when it started to exist on the retail market.

Now, pay attention to how the curve makes sharp climbs and then dies down for most of the rest of the year. This is because console sales are hypebolic, mostly selling in the holiday season period.

Notice the Holiday season of 2011 where 3DS was at its highest sales its ever been so far. This is known as a Maximum or a Peak. Every cycle has a low point and a high point, but one cycle has the highest point.

The PS4 has not had neither a full nor fully stocked holiday season, evident by the fact that the momentary dipped in December, which was also the only month where the PS4 lost the NPD to the Xbox One. Notice also that dip is the lowest point of the PS4 chart reached thus far, so its definetly an issue of supply.

In other words, the 3DS has peaked because it one has been out long enough and two has not outsold its highest point thus far. If you align the PS4 and 3DS life to date you also notice an intresting phenomena. The PS4 selling on average higher than the 3DS at the same time.

Prices, prices, prices.

The DS was always at $130, while the 3DS is always at $170.

Do you want to see what the 3DS can do at $130 or less with an even more bigger library?

I don't know how big the price cut will be, but it's clearly time for one, this Q4. It's been 3 years.

Corey said:

Considering we know next to nothing about the PS4 and 720 it's silly to start predictions like this.

Microsoft and Nintendo don't own the US market, things can be completely changed in a generation, PS2 use to rule the roost and that changed, consumers don't pledge allegance to a company they just go with what they think is the better option.

Anything can happen but the PS4 failing? Unlikely, Sony have shown that they are continuing to support the hardcore gamer and if they release a quality system expect them to be up the top of the console charts.

If anything the Wiiu will be the one to "fall behind", the casual market which gave nintendo such success with the wii is either content with their wii or have moved on to other casual gaming such as smartphones.

This guy knew it all!

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Kaizar said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Kaizar said:

This. And just wait till this gen really gets cooking in 2015, $299 should happen by fall, sales will be insane.

Arkaign said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Kaizar said:

This. And just wait till this gen really gets cooking in 2015, $299 should happen by fall, sales will be insane.

But the 3DS will be somewhere from $129 to $99 this Q4, probably somewhere from $119 to $99. It's been 3 years with no price cut.

Plus system sellers like King of Pirates & Rodea the Sky Soldier & Super Smash Bros. Four 3DS & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby & etc. also comes out this Q4.

Kaizar said:

The thread is "Prediction: Wii U to dominate & PS4 to fall behind"  And for you proof you say the PS4's sales have dropped below the 3DS for each week sales?  What does the PS4's sales in relation to 3DS's sales have anything whatsoever to do with the PS4 versus Wii U sales?   The PS4 is still outselling the Wii U even with the Mario Kart 8 release.  And Mario Kart is the biggest console moving game Nintendo's home consoles have ever had.  Nah...The PS4 is going to demolish the Wii U

Kaizar said:

The 3DS already outsells the PS4 each week. So if the 3DS has peaked, then so has the PS4. (1)

Besides, I'm surprise no one locked this thread (2) by now, for whatever BS reason to not lock a Thread like this.

@Bold1: No.

@Bold2: No one has locked it Because the thread starter (Hi) doesn't care if it stays opened...I laugh at the dumb-ness myself.

Kaizar said:

Prices, prices, prices.

The DS was always at $130, while the 3DS is always at $170.

Do you want to see what the 3DS can do at $130 or less with an even more bigger library?

I don't know how big the price cut will be, but it's clearly time for one, this Q4. It's been 3 years.

Not trying to butt in to the convo but why did you even bring the 3DS up? Like what does it have to do with this thread? Also to my knowledge wasn't the PS4 ahead of the 3DS for a while? Wasn't it number 1 like 2 weeks ago? And wait what do prices have to do with this as well? The PS4 is $400 and the 3DS is $170 so it's not like the PS4 has a price advantage. And the 3DS already has an amazing library so I guess I don't get the point you are trying to make here.

Anyway didn't mean to butt in I just found it odd that your brought up the 3DS in a thread reffering to the sales of the 3 home consoles like it is relevant in any shape or form. Oh and about the Wii U while I hope it does better if MK8 along with the cheaper price and better library couldn't push it ahead of the PS4 then I am not sure what can or will. But time will tell!

On Topic:

Man Rain this was a crazy prediction lol. And to top it off you have now even switched over to the PS4 which I hope you are enjoying!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23