By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Wii U to dominate & PS4 to fall behind - Jan. 2013

pezus said:
Somini said:

lol that's JL?

hahhahaa oh man, thanks a lot. I'm gonna watch half those i think :D

And the thread needs some good time for reading, it looks epic!

He looks kind of like Luigi lol! If he was black, that is.

http://www.popzara.com/

That's funny because when he worked here, his nickname was Black Luigi! No joke!

Around the Network

This is the most bizarre prediction I have ever seen; even surpassed Zero's trolling. Applause to you OP.

Ps4 took it easy on wii u this week with only 3+:1 ratio.

To be fair to the OP, this prediction was made before the PS4 and XB1 were even officially unveiled and before Nintendo completely dropped the ball with software support for the Wii U leading to the great drought of 2013.

Obviously 2013 didn't pan out how the OP though and the Wii U hasn't gained a foothold in as he expected. And Microsoft hadn't had their DRM scandal at this point completely shifting tide of opinion in Sony's favour.

It's very easy to say "my god what a stupid prediction" in hindsight. But this seemed perfectly plausible as an outcome 12 months ago. Vita was already bombing hard and 3DS was riding a tide of mega epic success.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:

To be fair to the OP, this prediction was made before the PS4 and XB1 were even officially unveiled and before Nintendo completely dropped the ball with software support for the Wii U leading to the great drought of 2013.

Obviously 2013 didn't pan out how the OP though and the Wii U hasn't gained a foothold in as he expected. And Microsoft hadn't had their DRM scandal at this point completely shifting tide of opinion in Sony's favour.

It's very easy to say "my god what a stupid prediction" in hindsight. But this seemed perfectly plausible as an outcome 12 months ago. Vita was already bombing hard and 3DS was riding a tide of mega epic success.

So we all agree that ignorance is an excuse for anybody & everybody, LOL but true.

Around the Network

say what you want at least the guy came back (in an alt but still) admitted he was wrong and took his crow with hot sauce like an adult. thats more than i can say for some people

this prediction is wrong and wiiu will be hammered the entire gen now, no turning back now!!!!!

Nintendo needs to focus on core gamers as they are the ones who are life long fans, not casuals

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
this prediction is wrong and wiiu will be hammered the entire gen now, no turning back now!!!!!

Nintendo needs to focus on core gamers as they are the ones who are life long fans, not casuals

how can they do that when the core games that people want to play wont even be available on a NInty console? Its damn near impossible at this point.

oniyide said:
Skeeuk said:

how can they do that when the core games that people want to play wont even be available on a NInty console? Its damn near impossible at this point.

Nintendo has always been focusing on both core & casual with the Wii U, but the problem is the games take twice as long to finish then they thought. Plus the casual games are much more faster to finish, but the games for core gamers like Bayonetta 2 & Smash Bros. & etc. take even longer.

Nintendo mention that 3rd Parties have made a bunch of 2 GamePad controller use games, but that they won't show them off at E3 2012 and they repeated that they are not near release enough to start any hype just yet at E3 2013. I'm guessing this year they will start showing some of them off.

Bump