By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - A bit on Wii, PS3, 360 shipment figures

robjoh said:
FishyJoe said:
Hus, do you even realize every time you use the word 'kiddy' you're only making yourself sound completely immature?

First of all, you never get an answer from Hus.

Second: Hus is probarbly 15 years old

I think his profile says him being 19. Anyway, what can you expect from a kid his age? He is still in his teen angst. But by looking how well he writes in english and what the posts are like, i would say him being at age from 14 to 15. He sounds a lot like those 10 yo:s, who says they don't play with a certain console, because it's kiddy console (can you see the irony) and then play their kiddy games with their "mature" console. :) Just like the PS3 fankid at the youtube, who finally hide himself with a towel. But indeed, posts from Hus are something to laugh about. :D

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

@davygee

I don't think they said that they can't produce more than 14 million units. As we saw with the DS, forecasts can be upped 50 % if necessary. Wanna know how I think they calculated it? By demand, not by supply. 

The Wii sold 5.85 million units in 5 months.

5.85 / 5 = 1.17 -- monthly sales potential
1.17 * 12 = 14 -- annual sales potential

Sure that doesn't make a lot of sense as you could factor in Christmas, factor out launch sales, factor in Super Mario Galaxy and other games, factor out PS Eye and Home, factor in a Wii price drop, factor out a 360 price drop... I'm not even beginning to talk about the effects of possible terrorist attacks, oil shocks or global warming. Or strikes in China. Or senior executives dying in a plane crash...

14 million is a guideline. You can't predict it more precisely.

The only thing that can be counted on right now:
- 1 milion unit pent up demand from people who have wanted one but couldn't get it
- 2 million unit demand from retailers who want decent stock (and that's conservative)

After that, in 6 months from now, they will tell if they need to up the forecast or not. I think they will.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

Companies often try to underestimate and give conservative numbers, too. Overestimating and having to pull back your numbers looks bad and often affects your stock. Underestimating and getting better numbers improves it. Of course, having outside analysts make up their own numbers mid quarter will also have an effect and unfortunately is out of the company's control. And we know how many analysts are always correct.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

I had Wii at 18 million by the end of 2007 because I don't think they will ship more than 2 million in January-March 2008.

Regionally, I think the market will do this..

Americas - 40/52 weeks Wii>Xbox 360...but Halo 3, GTA, etc will push 360>Wii during October and November.  There will be occasional other weeks when 360 outsells Wii as well.

Something crazy like 40 games could sell over 1 million copies in the USA in 2007 (although not all of them will)...Below are just the games that will release/are already out and will likely sell over a million.  Others may too.

Zelda Wii, Wii Play, Super Mario Galaxy, Halo 3, GTA, Assassins Creed, MGS4, Mario & Sonic, Madden 360, DDR Wii, GH2 360, GH3 Wii, GH3 360, Mario Party 8, God of War 2, Lost Planet, GRAW, Diddy Kong Racing DS, Pokemon DS, Pokemon Wii, God of War 2, Madden PS2, Zelda GC, Resistance: Fall of Man, Wario Ware, Nintendogs, Gears of War, Wario Ware, Spider Man 3 (360), New Super Mario Brothers (DS), Big Brain Academy (Wii), Brain Training (DS), Lair, Killzone 2, Super Paper Mario, Bioshock, Alan Wake, Spider Man 3 (PS2), Crackdown, Mario Strikers

Japan - Wii will outsell PS3 & 360 every week this year.  However, I think 360 may come close to outselling PS3 certain weeks.  The DS will own Japan this year - best sales for 3rd parties, most hardware sold, most Nintendo software sold..Wii should have enough software released this year though to keep the market for at least another 18 months (Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Music, Wii Health, Galaxy, Brawl, Nights, Opoona, Treasure Z, RE: Umbrella, RE4, Mario Party 8, Super Paper Mario, Dragon Quest Swords, DDR Wii).

Europe - With Wii shipments primarily going to other regions, this will be the most hotly contested region in 2007.  Microsoft's 50%+ marketshare will be gone in two months, and Sony probably has the best chance of winning this market of any region..But when Nintendo starts shipping more Wii's here, I believe this market could be split almost in thirds by year end...

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said:

Europe - With Wii shipments primarily going to other regions, this will be the most hotly contested region in 2007.  Microsoft's 50%+ marketshare will be gone in two months, and Sony probably has the best chance of winning this market of any region..But when Nintendo starts shipping more Wii's here, I believe this market could be split almost in thirds by year end...

I would be glad if Nintendo would even get games to the Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_games

Examples:                                                                        Japan                                Europe   Americas

Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Wii de Yawaraka Atama Jyuku JP
NintendoNintendo2007-04-262007-04-26TBA2007-06-112007-06-11
Elebits
Eledees EU
KonamiKonami2006-12-022006-12-022007-05-042007-05-042006-12-122006-12-12
Mario Party 8Hudson SoftNintendo02007-07 July 200702007-12-3302007-05-29 29 May 2007
Metal Slug AnthologyTerminal RealitySNK Playmore
IgnitionEU
Unreleased02007-06-32Q2 200702006-11-30 30 November 2006
Pokémon Battle RevolutionGenius SonorityNintendo02006-12-14 14 December 200602007-12-3302007-06-25 25 June 2007
Super Paper MarioIntelligent SystemsNintendo02007-04-19 19 April 200702007-09-32Q3 200702007-04-09 9 April 2007
Super Swing Golf
Pangya! Golf with Style EU
Ntreev SoftTecmo
NintendoEU
02006-12-25 25 December 200602007-06-08 8 June 200702006-12-13 13 December 2006
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Kadukeusu Zetto Futatsu no Chōshittō JP
AtlusAtlus02006-12-02 2 December 200602007-07-26 26 July 200702006-11-19 19 November 2006

You don't need to be genius to see that we Europeans are getting mostly short end of the stick in game release's like always. Only bright side's were Wii Play and soon Strikers.

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Around the Network
iclim4 said:

i think the new camera is named "eye" hus...

anyway not to offend anyone, *cough* i think WII is a fad *cough*

most of my friends are tired with it now, they say its gotten really boring..

the only person i know who still thinks the WII is the best is my barber.. O.O

tip to you guys... always agree with your barber.. ^_^ i learned that the hard way

wii is selling though.. but imagine going home after work, tired, sweat rolling

down your face, only wanting to unwind by playing a game, you sit down on

your wide comfy couch feeling as if you havent done it for

an eternity (yeah your that tired )....

so you reach for your controller, then start waving....your...hands?....

anyway i disagree with the source in "who will sell more"..

i see it more in this order wii>ps3>360 ^^

why?..... my boils and arthritis is acting up, which means ps3 beats xbox360.. >_< (pls dont hurt me)

You do know the first year of the DS were pretty bad, talk to me in november about whether the Wii is worth it or not

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

FishyJoe said:
Hus, do you even realize every time you use the word 'kiddy' you're only making yourself sound completely immature?

no iam just not a kiddy idiot that refuses to accept the fact NIN only makes kiddy games.

their games are nothing but kiddy crap, saying nin has the best devs is a joke.  

not every onea wants to play kiddy games.

Hus said:
FishyJoe said:

no iam just not a kiddy idiot that refuses to accept the fact NIN only makes kiddy games.

The irony of your post is beyond description.

Hus said:
FishyJoe said:

Of course not.
Kids prefer to play what they think are "adult" games like shooting everything that moves or beating up people walking on a street.

Hus said:
FishyJoe said:

And you don't see the irony in your kiddy posts. :)

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.